• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How can Joe Johnson get people here when......

clicklandshopping

Lebron wanted Shaq..he got him

Lebron wanted Jamison...he got him

best is when people say washed up Shaq he was real solid in playoffs ..Tired of that talk..Lebron didnt show up in game 5 and doesnt have the thrive or hunger/killer instinct Wade/Kobe have..

The Hawks cant get anyone here with Joe Johnson cause no one is really available ...plus Joe isnt that type of personality to recruit ..Joe is very lazy /quiet demeanor in his approach

I just don't understand why we pressure Joe so much. LeBron is in the same boat as Joe in my opinion! Wade is too!

In the last 2 1/2 years the cavs have brought in

Mo Williams

Ben Wallace

Shaq

Jamison

Parker

Moon

Powe

Pretty good for a team over the cap.

I just don't understand why we pressure Joe so much. LeBron is in the same boat as Joe in my opinion! Wade is too!

I don't blame Joe for not getting more pieces here to build a championship team. He's not the player LeBron or Wade are, not on the court, not in personality, not in endorsements, nor passion for winning or attitude. Joe is a step below those two on many levels, especially gaining respect of his peers.

Edited by buckeye242424

How can Joe Johnson get people here when...... Lebron can't get anyone to Cleveland???

By using his personality.

He has absolutely no personality.

I don't blame Joe for not getting more pieces here to build a championship team. He's not the player LeBron or Wade are, not on the court, not in personality, not in endorsements, nor passion for winning or attitude. Joe is a step below those two on many levels, especially gaining respect of his peers.

No players that you guys have spoken of is a top tier guy like Wade, Bosh, Dirk, or Amare(Except Shaq who is washed up but still servicable, sorry Swiftkick). It is up to a teams front office to get talent and sell the franchise as a place to to be. We have great talent in Atlanta and have traded for some good talent who wanted to play with Joe. And it seems everyone wants him to be their Robin. It just happens Joe is our Batman here and we need to realize that.

JJ didn't make any points when he made his comment about the fans.

And you know that had to have some impact on his peers.

I agree, but he just made a mistake. I do think he meant it though but not like in a way to diss the fan, just in a way of he going to work rather the fan are there or not.

That is the problem. Joe is NOT a "batman"He is a side kick like Pippen.

Look at the playoffs

Wade 33.2 ppg 6.8 apg 5.6rpg 56.4%

James 29.1 ppg 7.6 apg 9.3 rpg :50.2 %

JJ 17.9PPG 5.0APG 5.1 rpg 38.7%

If JJ is a batman, then he must been that George Clooney Batman that had nipples on his armor.

Batman+Nipples.jpg

Edited by pimp

I agree, but he just made a mistake. I do think he meant it though but not like in a way to diss the fan, just in a way of he going to work rather the fan are there or not.

JJ had an awful performance, and the fans acknowledged it. Right or wrong by the fans, I dunno... He may have "gone to work", but all he did was show up.

• Premium Member

Once Joe signs, I think it would be easier for us to make a deal for a guy like Paul. Star players want to play with Star players when money is not an issue. I think we have enough good trade pieces to pull in some really good players. And they would be willing to play for us because we have Joe.

As far as your Lebron comment: Go back to last year when the Cavs signed Shaq and when they traded for Jamison. Both guys were really excited to be playing with the King. A lot of times, when you're coming from a can't win situation, to a situation where winning is expected, it's exciting. Look at Craw's presser when he signed with us. He was happy to be here. Joe has a part in that. However, if we were mediocre with no Joe, i doubt anybody would be excited to be here.

• Like 2

Once Joe signs, I think it would be easier for us to make a deal for a guy like Paul. Star players want to play with Star players when money is not an issue. I think we have enough good trade pieces to pull in some really good players. And they would be willing to play for us because we have Joe.

As far as your Lebron comment: Go back to last year when the Cavs signed Shaq and when they traded for Jamison. Both guys were really excited to be playing with the King. A lot of times, when you're coming from a can't win situation, to a situation where winning is expected, it's exciting. Look at Craw's presser when he signed with us. He was happy to be here. Joe has a part in that. However, if we were mediocre with no Joe, i doubt anybody would be excited to be here.

I agree!!! Thanks for helping me explain my topic!