• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Cap will decrease in the next years

Wurider05

We will be severely handicapped. The NEW CBA will make sure of that. When contracts are lowered there will be no special concessions for teams that give out big contracts now. JJ's salary maybe 40-50% of our salary cap in the near future. The contract in itself is bad but the fact that we don't know what the future holds makes it really scary. The owners want contracts lowered and from what I have been reading they may actually get what they wanted. I

We will be severely handicapped. The NEW CBA will make sure of that. When contracts are lowered there will be no special concessions for teams that give out big contracts now. JJ's salary maybe 40-50% of our salary cap in the near future. The contract in itself is bad but the fact that we don't know what the future holds makes it really scary. The owners want contracts lowered and from what I have been reading they may actually get what they wanted. I

I am sure you are wrong on this. Otherwise the darlings of the NBA, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Mavs etc.... will be handicapped as well.

Edited by Buzzard

Sund will likely give JJ a contract that pays him the same each year or possibly a front-loaded contract with a big first year like we did on JJ's first contract so that each of the remaining years are easier to manage.

Also, it has been said that the NBA will be putting into the next CBA a rule where the salary for the remaining years of a max players contract will be reduced each year to where the player is earning the maximum amount per year as defined by the new CBA over those remaining years. So if Joe has 5 years and 100 million remaining on his contract and the new CBA defines the max for Joe to be 15 million then his contract will be re-written as 5 years and 75 million. Seems illegal and unfair but they did it in the NHL so there is precedence for this type of action and that makes me believe it can happen in the NBA. Unfortunately we're probably not going to have much (if any) basketball in 2011-2012 but if that's what it takes to get salaries a little more in line with the current economy then so be it.

Sund will likely give JJ a contract that pays him the same each year or possibly a front-loaded contract with a big first year like we did on JJ's first contract so that each of the remaining years are easier to manage.

Also, it has been said that the NBA will be putting into the next CBA a rule where the salary for the remaining years of a max players contract will be reduced each year to where the player is earning the maximum amount per year as defined by the new CBA over those remaining years. So if Joe has 5 years and 100 million remaining on his contract and the new CBA defines the max for Joe to be 15 million then his contract will be re-written as 5 years and 75 million. Seems illegal and unfair but they did it in the NHL so there is precedence for this type of action and that makes me believe it can happen in the NBA. Unfortunately we're probably not going to have much (if any) basketball in 2011-2012 but if that's what it takes to get salaries a little more in line with the current economy then so be it.

I agree man and if they do not get contracts in line, I could see downsizing the number of teams as the next option. I do not think the players want that either.

I agree man and if they do not get contracts in line, I could see downsizing the number of teams as the next option. I do not think the players want that either.

Yep that is certainly a possibility as there are too many teams that are losing money and are considered to be in debt. Remarkably the Hawks are not one of the teams that are in debt, if you can believe that. And it's about damn time we start bringing some of these salaries down, especially considering the state of our economy right now.