• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford "not sure" about staying in Atlanta

Sothron

If the Hawks choose to keep Smoove instead of making Al happy and signing him to an extension, I am done with this team. Horford is a special player who is smart and a leader and his work ethic is unmatched. If they choose Josh over Al, it's a serious mistake. I don't know why the Hawks won't trade Smith. His value is high right now and WE DON"T NEED TWO POWER FORWARDS!!! I would rather have Zaza start at C and move Al to the #4 than risk losing him. Al has been quietly accepting his role till now, but he is entering the prime of his career and I don't blame him for not wanting to play out of position any longer.

Don't start this whole thing in this thread. You can kiss your *ss good bye then because I think the owners and everyone else not on this forum know that Josh Smith is better.

Na na na na na na na hey hey hey gooood byeeee!!!! :headphones:

Don't start this whole thing in this thread. You can kiss your *ss good bye then because I think the owners and everyone else not on this forum know that Josh Smith is better.

Na na na na na na na hey hey hey gooood byeeee!!!! :headphones:

we cant move smith, hes too valuable for us

Hawks have yet to approach any of our potential RFA in the past with an extension after their 3rd year. They assume let the market set their contract. I have said you can get away with it in regards to Smoove,Marvin and Chill. None of those players are view around the league as cornerstone players. It will be different with Horford. Horford has been a winner everywhere he has went. He has that leadership and work ethic teams around the league want. If we are not careful Hawks could be setting themselves up for one major headache. If they can get Horford sign a 5 year/$50-$60 million deal then jump on it ASAP. If it does come down to whether who stays Horford or Smoove. You can be sure it will be Smoove that is shipped out of town. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

Reading between the lines, it is obvious he wants to play that PF spot. I can't blame him for wanting to play his natural position. Resigning JJand finding a true C sound like two thingsx that will lead to us getting him back. Even as a restricted agent players can ask teams not to match offers. It would be nice to reunite him with Noah down the road.

Reading between the lines....Hmm! I think he doesn't want to play with Josh anymore . I saw a interview when he said Josh has a attitude and Josh and the coach would always get into it. He seemed happy when the coach left! How about Josh, would he be happy about that also? I think he would.

Hawks have yet to approach any of our potential RFA in the past with an extension after their 3rd year. They assume let the market set their contract. I have said you can get away with it in regards to Smoove,Marvin and Chill. None of those players are view around the league as cornerstone players. It will be different with Horford. Horford has been a winner everywhere he has went. He has that leadership and work ethic teams around the league want. If we are not careful Hawks could be setting themselves up for one major headache. If they can get Horford sign a 5 year/$50-$60 million deal then jump on it ASAP. If it does come down to whether who stays Horford or Smoove. You can be sure it will be Smoove that is shipped out of town. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

I find that hard to believe. I can bet you anything Horford would be shipped on out of here. If it's Smith than the owners and sund are completely dumbasses. But typical Hawksquawker with a typical post thinking Horford is more valuable.

I find that hard to believe. I can bet you anything Horford would be shipped on out of here. If it's Smith than the owners and sund are completely dumbasses. But typical Hawksquawker with a typical post thinking Horford is more valuable.

Al had the best on-court/ off-court net of any Hawk, was the best post defender statistically in the entire NBA, shot 55% at 14 points and 10 rebounds and is the only starter who doesn't know anything about missing the playoffs (not a coincidence.) I think it's pretty clear cut as to who our most efficient, steadiest, most valuable player is (all of Joe's value is out the window now with what he makes), but I can respect a debate between he and Josh.

• Like 1

Al had the best on-court/ off-court net of any Hawk, was the best post defender statistically in the entire NBA, shot 55% at 14 points and 10 rebounds and is the only starter who doesn't know anything about missing the playoffs (not a coincidence.) I think it's pretty clear cut as to who our most efficient, steadiest, most valuable player is (all of Joe's value is out the window now with what he makes), but I can respect a debate between he and Josh.

Josh Smith was not named MVP of the team for no reason by many poeple/sites. I will try find the sources later. About 95% of the sources voted Smoove as the MVP. He's still growing and maturing. He's also the best passer on the team.I'm sure he will be EVEN better this year. Not to mention 2nd in voting for DPOY. I bet if you took Smoove or Horford off the roster, Smoove would be the hardest one to replace. Maybe people don't realize this at all. Owners didn't say he's the closest thing to LeBron for no reason.

It's much easier to replace a Horford than a Smoove. And If you can't agree with me on that...

/shakes my head

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

If we can trade Horf for Paul/Meka that would be the best situation. Josh Smith when his head is right is our MVP no doubt.

While I love Horf, it is IMO easier finding a big that can average 14 points, 10 rebounds and a block than someone like Smoove who can give you 16 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. Smoove is truly one of a kind.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 2

Here's a reason that favors keeping Smoove over Al that has not been brought up;

Teams (Jazz, at least) are going to throw max money to Al next season. Yes we will match. But do we really want to have another guy making 15 M??

If we get any one of CP3, Monta, Biedrins, or Melo etc, we cannot afford to have another max player.

Smoove is locked in at a reasonable price, is from Atlanta, and makes so many different things happen on the court.

Don't get me wrong, I love Al, but we have to acquire a superstar

• Like 1

Josh Smith was not named MVP of the team for no reason by many poeple/sites. I will try find the sources later. About 95% of the sources voted Smoove as the MVP. He's still growing and maturing. He's also the best passer on the team.I'm sure he will be EVEN better this year. Not to mention 2nd in voting for DPOY. I bet if you took Smoove or Horford off the roster, Smoove would be the hardest one to replace. Maybe people don't realize this at all. Owners didn't say he's the closest thing to LeBron for no reason.

It's much easier to replace a Horford than a Smoove. And If you can't agree with me on that...

/shakes my head

Is Josh the same 'MVP' that held his head low in the playoffs and wouldn't get back on defense? Yeah, real 'MVP'

• Like 1

• Premium Member

After reading that article last night it did get me thinking of a potential deal. A deal with some players stock at all time low. T'Wolves are trying to move Jefferson. What about sending Marvin and Bibby to Minny for Jefferson? Jefferson plays C and give us a low post scorer we need. Move Al to PF and Smoove to SF. I know Jefferson isn't the best defender in the league at his position. He can offset that with his low post scoring and great rebounding.

:questions:

You mean Josh and Marvin, right? Al Jefferson is perhaps THE best PF in basketball today. Last year he was coming back from devastating injury and still put all star numbers... oh and he is only, what? 24 years old. Minnesotta is looking to get at least ONE player with bonafiode all star potential from that trade. Bibby's contract isn't even expring. Why the heck does Minnesotta even begin to consider this offer?

I was utterly disgusted by Josh Smith's attitude during the 2nd round of this years playoffs to the point where even if he were to get traded and succeed I really wouldn't care. Maybe he's a real headcase or maybe its just bad chemistry, but I don't think he'll ever bring the consistency we need from him. Not to mention that he has more trade value with his con tract and potential. I really wish we could get Chris Kaman or Joakim Noah from somebody, but smart teams don't let their best big men go even if they can get some great talent in return.

• Like 1

:questions:

You mean Josh and Marvin, right? Al Jefferson is perhaps THE best PF in basketball today. Last year he was coming back from devastating injury and still put all star numbers... oh and he is only, what? 24 years old. Minnesotta is looking to get at least ONE player with bonafiode all star potential from that trade. Bibby's contract isn't even expring. Why the heck does Minnesotta even begin to consider this offer?

The only place Jefferson is the best PF, is in your head lol..

If the Hawks choose to keep Smoove instead of making Al happy and signing him to an extension, I am done with this team. Horford is a special player who is smart and a leader and his work ethic is unmatched. If they choose Josh over Al, it's a serious mistake. I don't know why the Hawks won't trade Smith. His value is high right now and WE DON"T NEED TWO POWER FORWARDS!!! I would rather have Zaza start at C and move Al to the #4 than risk losing him. Al has been quietly accepting his role till now, but he is entering the prime of his career and I don't blame him for not wanting to play out of position any longer.

JackB1 is to Smoove as Diesel is to Marvin. I really don't understand your hatred of Smith. They are not mutually exclusive players. You can like Smith and Horford...it's okay, try it.