• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How about Hedo?

Johnnybravo4

Hedo wasn't happy with Chris Bosh so I'm sure he won't be happy without Bosh. Since Toronto needs to rebuild how about sending them Hedo for Crawford and next year's first? They can clear some cap space and get a #1 type scorer for a rebuilding team.

Lineup

Teague/Bibby

JJ/Jordan Craw

Hedo/Marvin

Smoove/Zaza

Horford/Shaq

I think that Hedo would do for us what we wish Marvin did. Drive to the hole create shots and hit open jumpers on JJ penetration. It would also take the pressure off of Marvin which would improve his game.

Edited by Johnnybravo4

You could have kept that and your portrait to yourself.

He's just as entitled to his opinion as anyone else here is JB.

I'd consider swapping Crawford for Hedo but I wouldn't give up a 1st to do it. And that would only be if we weren't able to make any other moves that I hope we're looking at and I'd have to be convinced that Hedo is fully healthy.

• Admin

He's just as entitled to his opinion as anyone else here is JB.

I'd consider swapping Crawford for Hedo but I wouldn't give up a 1st to do it. And that would only be if we weren't able to make any other moves that I hope we're looking at and I'd have to be convinced that Hedo is fully healthy.

I like Hedo's game (not his FG%) but his contract costs too much to add IMO.

Here is a trade i've been thinking about.....

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5596039

Bibby-Craw-Marvin for Hedo-Calderon-Reg Evans

This makes our team much better IMO.

PG - Jose Calderon/Teague

SG - JJ/JC2/Mo

SF - Hedo/Mo/Sy

PF - Smoove/Reggie Evans

C - Horf/Zaza

This is built for a run-n-gun offense. And can be a 60+ win team IMO. Calderon is a fantastic passer. One of the best in the league.

Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member

Hedo wasn't happy with Chris Bosh so I'm sure he won't be happy without Bosh. Since Toronto needs to rebuild how about sending them Hedo for Crawford and next year's first? They can clear some cap space and get a #1 type scorer for a rebuilding team.

Lineup

Teague/Bibby

JJ/Jordan Craw

Hedo/Marvin

Smoove/Zaza

Horford/Shaq

I think that Hedo would do for us what we wish Marvin did. Drive to the hole create shots and hit open jumpers on JJ penetration. It would also take the pressure off of Marvin which would improve his game.

My original thought.. fresh after reading is that Hedo is only good when you have a monster at C that commands a double team and a PF who commands coverage.

I think we really need to be careful how we use Crawford. I think it might be just as advantageous to keep Crawford and let his contract go out than it would to trade him for any other player in his salary range. i.e. If we trade him, we need to get something good back. Good = Good fit too.

• Admin

If you want Hedo I'd think the raptors would do Marvin for him straight up at this point. (with filler to match salaries)

Hedo's contract is horrible...he is declining in skill and so he is not worth picking up. Marvin's contract is much more reasonable and in the long run it is better to keep him then to trade for Hedo.

You all throw people under the bus pretty quickly. Just because he didn't fit in toronto's system doesn't mean he can't play anymore. The Craptors just sucked. He has a skillset that we don't have on the team right now, a scorer in the 3 position that can also handle the ball. With the drafting of Jordan Crawford and the resigning of Joe, Jamal is a luxury that we don't need right now. What happens when someone offers Jamal a nice contract next season? What are we gonna do pay 7-8 million per for a backup guard? Also consider that we have to sign Horford to an extention...meaning everyone who is making more than the MLE needs to be starting.

I'd say currently with his contract and the season he had in Toronto, he isn't worth Craw alone.

Exactly.

Toronto would make that trade, and celebrate because they just got rid of a vastly overrated player, for a scoring upgrade in Crawford, who is also an expiring contract.

Marvin doesn't play SF THAT BAD to justify a trade like this. JJ's ability to play the 3 makes a move like this completely unnecessary.

My original thought.. fresh after reading is that Hedo is only good when you have a monster at C that commands a double team and a PF who commands coverage.

I think we really need to be careful how we use Crawford. I think it might be just as advantageous to keep Crawford and let his contract go out than it would to trade him for any other player in his salary range. i.e. If we trade him, we need to get something good back. Good = Good fit too.

I agree.

Jamal's ultimate value may be that his 10+ million simply falls off the books.

No way would I do anything trade wise with Jamal this summer, unless it nets us a star player. And I also wouldn't do anything, until we got a real good look at Jordan Crawford. If his scoring ability translates to the NBA level, the need to trade Jamal for other "non-stars" may become less of a necessity.

I honestly don't know which is the worst contract right now . . . Hedo's or Okafor's?