• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lebron to decide on Thursday ... 2 days after Toronto okays Bosh trade

Admin

• Moderators

The Announcement will be at ESPN studios in Greenwich, CT.

~lw3

Correction, it'll be at the B&G Club in Greenwich, FWIW, with proceeds (whatever that is) going to B&G Clubs of America. ESPN crew will be nearby at their studio while Jim Gray conducts the interview.

~lw3

• Moderators

This article is right on the money. Terrible decision by team Lebron, which is basically a result of the terrible decision to replace Goodwin with Carter.

So true:

The Championship of Me comes crashing into a primetime cable infomercial that LeBron James(notes) and his cronies have been working to make happen for months, a slow, cynical churning of manufactured drama that sports has never witnessed. As historic monuments go, this is the Rushmore of basketball hubris and narcissism. The vacuous star for our vacuous times. All about ‘Bron and all about nothing.

Ego, hubris, selfishness, douche, etc. There are so many words that work for this situation...

All that said, I have to think he is returning to Cleveland. Could there possibly be a crueler outcome than seeing Cleveland get absolutely crushed in a live TV announcement? Lebron is going to get killed for years if he goes anywhere else.

Edited by AHF

So true:

Ego, hubris, selfishness, douche, etc. There are so many work for this situation...

This plus his refusal to shake hands, his showboating "punctuation dunks" (like the one Smith missed and got reamed for) let me think LeBron may just be too immature to win a championship.

All that said, I have to think he is returning to Cleveland. Could there possibly be a crueler outcome than seeing Cleveland get absolutely crushed in a live TV announcement? Lebron is going to get killed for years if he goes anywhere else.

I agree 100%. If he announces his departure on prime-time, Cleveland's hatred for him will be unprecedented in the world of sports. That being said, his team seems pretty unaware of the consequences of their actions, so who knows?

www.goldenpalace.com

Edited by Lascar78

• Moderators

I am dumber for having just watched ESPN's "sports science" segment on Lebron that included fascinating information like the fact that Lebron's hands are 25% larger than the average male's. Wow. A guy who is 6'8'' has bigger hands than the average male.

Not only that, he can slam the ball with so much force that if it was converted into a horizontal punch it would be stronger than a Mike Tyson punch. Since Lebron can't punch remotely close to as hard as Tyson, this is really meaningful since it obviously means that Tyson worships Lebron between bites of Evander's ears.

I have gone from not loving Lebron to absolutely loathing him with this free agent TV-*****-athon. Thank goodness his epic saga of egotism will end tomorrow.