• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bosh and Wade to Heat official

NJHAWK

• Premium Member

I'm gobsmacked at how blase some of you guys are about how much tougher our division just got. Do you really think the Heat aren't going to fill out the roster with some decent players around those two? Wade with nobodies was still a fifth seed now he has talent around him? Ugh. This is a bad day in Atlanta.

For what its worth both Bosh and Wade just said live on espn they would take less money in order to build a champion in Miami.

Talk is cheap. They also dodged the question in regards to how much they will give up or how long their contracts will be. Wade was not going to let Bosh know if he was getting a 6th year incase a S&T could not be worked out.

I'll believe they are leaving money on the table when I see it.

I'm just glad Wade and Bosh did not decide to join forces in Chicago with Rose, Noah, and Deng. THEN I WOULD BE SCARED.

Edited by coachx

Bosh has obviously given up on getting that sixth year. Toronto has been saying all week that they have no interest in a SnT with MIA because their roster is empty. I seriously down they are leaving more than 4 or 5M on the table, although that would certainly help. Championship caliber teams go at least 8 deep. MIA has to find a way to sign 5 or 6 quality guys with just 12-16M left under the cap. Mickey Arison isn't gonna go into paying that luxury tax for real. Its gonna be interesting to see how they fill out their team. Make no mistake though, they got better today. I wonder what this means for Haslem. I would love to get him here.

Two things.....

1. We match up well with a Wade/Bosh Heat team. Especially if we start rook this year. Let Joe body Wade from the 3 point line to the paint and Horf wrestle Bosh under the boards. Of course they'll add more players, but 2 queens(Joe/Horf) and 2 Jacks(Jamal and Josh) will always beat a pair of Aces.

2. Is it unreasonable to think we might be able to get something for Zaza from Toronto now that Bosh is gone? They'll need size.

• Premium Member

A lot of people in this thread are underrating the heck out of Bosh. The guy is an absolutely dominant offensive player.

Wade + Bosh is the NBA's best offensive duo. EASILY. Not saying they will win a championship, but how does anyone fathom that Miami won't improve by adding 24 points and 11 rebounds a game? The guys took us to seven games with freaking Udonis Haslem starting at PF. If Toronto had made the playoffs last year Chris Bosh would have finished close to the top in MVP voting. We are talking about two top 5-10 talents playing together. Yeah, I wouldn't be so dismissive about that core for Miami. If Lebron stays in Cleveland we are looking at a serious battle to finish in the top 4 this year. (If he goes to Miami than I'm giving up hope for the next 5 years.)

Talk is cheap. They also dodged the question in regards to how much they will give up or how long their contracts will be. Wade was not going to let Bosh know if he was getting a 6th year incase a S&T could not be worked out.

I'll believe they are leaving money on the table when I see it.

I'm just glad Wade and Bosh did not decide to join forces in Chicago with Rose, Noah, and Deng. THEN I WOULD BE SCARED.

I guess they were true to they're word.