• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bosh and Wade to Heat official

NJHAWK

• Premium Member

i have a feeling joe wont recruit jack squat this offseason. and we wont get a center.

Do you guys think ASG asked Joe to take on more 'off the court' responsibility? Somehow I don't see Joe skipping another home game with a thumb injury now that he's one of the highest paid players in NBA history.

Adding Bosh only makes them 3 wins better?

Well, who else do they add ?

Adding Bosh while losing the rest of the roster does not make them much better. The still need at least 5 more bodies who are ready to contribute in specific roles.

I think Bosh is overrated. He is like every PF that scores a lot of points on bad teams. He's not a dominant post player, He's a face up 4.

They said the same thing about Pau. Put him on a team where he is the number two though.......

I think Bosh is overrated. He is like every PF that scores a lot of points on bad teams. He's not a dominant post player, He's a face up 4.

Agreed......he is average defensively.

He is not KG and I do not expect a KG like impact.

They said the same thing about Pau. Put him on a team where he is the number two though.......

Gasol has long frontcout players like Odom and Bynum to play next to him....and Artest now.

What frontcourt player players does Bosh have in Miami ?

They must fill in frontcourt help for Bosh to have the same impact Gasol had in L.A. I don't think Beasley and Anthony get it done. Plus they need shooters to play beside Wade.

Still a lot of work to do in Miami. Interested to see what Pat Riley to put together.

Well, who else do they add ?

Adding Bosh while losing the rest of the roster does not make them much better. The still need at least 5 more bodies who are ready to contribute in specific roles.

Well right now we don't know what Lebron does but if he doesn't sign there they have over 12 mill in cap. I have more than enough trust in Riley to fill out a roster with 12 million dollars, a couple draft picks and a tradeable asset in Beasley than the rest of you do.

He could end up with a roster of

Haywood/Shaq-Pittman

Bosh-Juwan Howard-Varnado

Mike Miller-Beasley-Matt Barnes-Butler

Wade

Jason Williams-Chalmers

Before the end of the day and that is much better than the teams Wade led to consecutive 5th seeds the past two years. People need to also look past this year as if these rosters are all invalidated if they don't win a championship in the first year of their 6 year deals. Being that we are both over the cap you have to look at who do you think will be more attractive and can benefit more from consecutive MLE signings from this point on.

• Like 1

Come on guys, you have to admit that the Wade/Bosh combo is formidable. While Bosh is not a great defender, his role will be to provide Wade with a secondary scoring option.

Riley is a tough, old school guy and he will use the rest of his cap room to add some tough defenders. For this reason, I think that Miami jumps slightly ahead of the young Hawks.

• Premium Member

Once again...I think people are clinging to the "bright side" of things and refusing to look at the obvious. Wade had that team of scrubs competitive. PF...C...it doesn't matter. Bosh is an All Star big and Miami didn't need him to give us fits. This is a good team,with or without LeBron. Can we beat them? Yes. Can they beat us? Yes.

Basically, the Southeast has become a 3 team race instead of 2. Unless Orlando makes a big move, I think our division is still up for grabs. The biggest question is whether or not Drew can get more out of this team than Woody.

I have more than enough trust in Riley to fill out a roster with 12 million dollars

Enough said. Riley will find at least one 2nd tier point guard and/or center with 12 million in cap space.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Once again...I think people are clinging to the "bright side" of things and refusing to look at the obvious. Wade had that team of scrubs competitive. PF...C...it doesn't matter. Bosh is an All Star big and Miami didn't need him to give us fits. This is a good team,with or without LeBron. Can we beat them? Yes. Can they beat us? Yes.

Basically, the Southeast has become a 3 team race instead of 2. Unless Orlando makes a big move, I think our division is still up for grabs. The biggest question is whether or not Drew can get more out of this team than Woody.

I'll add this: When considering the Hawks have a new-unproven coach the situation doesn't look as bright .

• Premium Member

I'll add this: When considering the Hawks have a new-unproven coach the situation doesn't look as bright .

No doubt. And they STILL have cap room to fill out the roster. I don't see them having any problems putting a team out there that can compete for it all. I don't believe they are head and shoulders better than us, or any of the better teams in the league, but they are certainly not middle of the pack anymore.

Enough said. Riley will find at least one 2nd tier point guard and/or center with 12 million in cap space.

Cuban will not be out bidded for Haywood. That is if a 10/10/2 center is considered 2nd tier.

I don't think Luke Ridnour and Brad Miller are the PG and C you need ........even with Wade and Bosh tp get you out of the 2nd round. I could see Shaw going there but he is only good for 20 minutes a night.

Maybe Felton gives them a 1 year discount in hopes of a bigger deal BUT the Knicks will probably out bid the Heat for either Ridnour or Felton. So they might get whats left over.

Still alot of work to do in Miami. They have not won anyting yet.

Al Harrington is out there but he is allergic to defense. I could see Mat tBarnes winding up there as a excellent fit at SF though.

Felton or Ridnour / Chalmers

Wade

Barnes / Beasley

Bosh / Varnado

B. Miller / J Anthony / stiff from Texas

I'll take the current Hawks, without any upgrades, in a 7 game series all day vs. that lineup.

Haywood/Shaq-Pittman

Bosh-Juwan Howard-Varnado

Mike Miller-Beasley-Matt Barnes-Butler

Wade

Jason Williams-Chalmers

I guarantee you the Heat will not come out that good. (Assuming they don't do a S&T for Bosh which gives them more cap space)

No way Haywood, M. Miller, & Barnes are all signed for $12 mill.

Not with plenty of teams with loads of salary cap to spend.

Haywood gets a minimum deal of $7 mill. I bet Cuban spends up to $9 or $10 mill to keep him in Dallas.

The minimum M. Miller gets is the $5.5 mill MLE. I bet he gets more b/c of all the cap room teams have.

M. Barnes will make between $3 mill and $6 mill per.

All 3 of those guys are over 30...........meaning they are not in good position to play 1 season on a discount in hopes of earning a bigger pay day. Especially Haywood since he is coming off the best season of his career.

Edited by coachx

This is bad for us. We need to make some moves even if minor. Wade and Bosh are elite scorers. Wade by himself always owns us. With Bosh uh oh. And how does Bosh being an elite face-up player not make him dominant?

Edit: And why would LeBron stay in Cleveland?

Edited by GameTime

Cuban will not be out bidded for Haywood. That is if a 10/10/2 center is considered 2nd tier.

I don't think Luke Ridnour and Brad Miller are the PG and C you need ........even with Wade and Bosh tp get you out of the 2nd round. I could see Shaw going there but he is only good for 20 minutes a night.

Maybe Felton gives them a 1 year discount in hopes of a bigger deal BUT the Knicks will probably out bid the Heat for either Ridnour or Felton. So they might get whats left over.

Still alot of work to do in Miami. They have not won anyting yet.

Al Harrington is out there but he is allergic to defense. I could see Mat tBarnes winding up there as a excellent fit at SF though.

Felton or Ridnour / Chalmers

Wade

Barnes / Beasley

Bosh / Varnado

B. Miller / J Anthony / stiff from Texas

I'll take the current Hawks, without any upgrades, in a 7 game series all day vs. that lineup.

Not arguing your points they are all good ones. But Riley will sign at least one 2nd tier PG and/or Center with 12 million in cap. And Riley/Wade/Bosh will help sell the Heat; you can bank on that.

i have a feeling joe wont recruit jack squat this offseason. and we wont get a center.

Joe has been hard at work getting guys to come to the Hawks. He as already had long conversations with Washington, Lincoln, Hamilton, Jackson, Grant and Franklin during the recruiting process.

Some of you have some crazy signings for the Heat. I have seen scenarios where 5 people are signed with the cap space Miami has. So Mike Miller, Jason Williams (already said he won't play for the minimum), and Matt Barnes are just going to take $2 million a year? Get real.

Miami won't be able to sign more than 3 people with the cap space they have left. The rest will be vet minimum.