• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where do the Hawks rank now in the East?

WraithSentinel

According to the media and NBA Fans around the league. They make it sound like we are in the running for the #1 pick next year with JJ re-signing. Having JJ back and the continue growth of the team which is expect under a different coach and an actual offense. I still see the Hawks as the 3rd best team in the East.

1.Magic

2.Heat

3.Hawks

4.Bucks

5.Celtics

6.Bulls

7.Bobcats

8.Cavs

They'll be fighting with the Bucks for 4th seed.

Are these regular season rankings or playoff rankings? Because if they are for the playoffs then the Hawks are an auto 5th seed if both the Heat and Magic are ahead of us.

Oh wow I didn't think of that. Wow we need Shaq even more now if we would have to face Orlando in the FIRST ROUND potentially

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

• Moderators

Sorry I posted this already on another thread:

As of right now:

(Southeast)

Miami

Orlando

Atlanta

Washington

Charlotte

(East)

Chicago

Miami

Orlando

Boston

Atlanta

Milwaukee

Washington

Philadelphia

No spots are set in stone.

~lw3

As of right now:

(Southeast)

Miami

Orlando

Atlanta

Washington

Charlotte

(East)

Chicago

Miami

Orlando

Boston

Atlanta

Milwaukee

Washington

Philadelphia

~lw3

You're joking right? Chicago is the best team in the East now? They are not even better than us

• Admin

As of right now:

(Southeast)

Miami

Orlando

Atlanta

Washington

Charlotte

(East)

Chicago

Miami

Orlando

Boston

Atlanta

Milwaukee

Washington

Philadelphia

~lw3

It is all going to come down to chemistry and who Miami gets surround their big three. There is only one ball and these three guys will not be the same type of players they were with their respective teams. Guys are going to have to sacrifice their games. It will be interesting to see if they can do it.

A lot of teams acquired a bunch of new players but that does not make you instantly better. Elton Brand didn't make Philly better and he was supposed to turn them into a top tier team. Just because Chicago for instance got Boozer...does that mean they are going to be better? It will depend how he fits in.

I still see Orlando as the team to beat in the East. Boston is old and banged up and I think they are going to have a big dive this year.

• Moderators

You're joking right? Chicago is the best team in the East now? They are not even better than us

((Whoa, Skip Bayless just put the Hawks 2nd behind the Heat. I'm gonna need a minute to soak that in...))

You're right, BBIB (capstone, too). My "as of right now" statement is wrong, as it ignores the fact the the Bulls don't really have backcourt depth or a clear starting SG (Devin Brown, anyone?). And even though their Big Man Gator isn't "complaining", they will need another big to keep from wearing him down.

My argument for Chicago is they have the better cap room and commodities (Deng, Taj) to continue to add quality pieces surrounding their triumvirate (Rose, Noah, Boozer) than does the Less Than Holy Trinity down in Miami. Even with what they have right now, I do think they stomp pretty much everybody in the Central (even Milwaukee) while the Southeast teams beat each other up, so that's an advantage in the standings for them.

But until we see who they bring in with the money that was meant for LeBron, I'll slide 'em down to #5... with a bullet.

Miami

Orlando

Boston

Atlanta

Chicago

Milwaukee

Washington

Philadelphia

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Bottom-line, Atlanta is going to have to have a better regular season record than one of Miami or Orlando to have home court advantage in the 1st round.

Bottom line is that rule sucks lol

That's why we need to really get Shaq. Orlando is the only one of those two teams we have a chance to have a better record than. And we may need to beat them head to head to do it.

I don't understand the fascination of adding Shaq to this team, I understand we need a big body to help out Al, but Shaq....he joined the "best" player on the planet last season and couldn't get past Boston. Cleveland got Shaq and Jamison to help them against Orlando, guess what, they didn't play Orlando they ended playing Boston. We have played two different teams in the 2nd round each of the last two seasons with the same result, with Miami's haul, Bulls and Bucks improving (at least on paper) we don't know who we will play and when so it's not about getting Shaq to contain Dwight.

I also think that Shaq's personality is too big for this team, he was able to take a back seat to LeBron cause LBJ was "King" he ain doing that here......Shaq is already asking for more money to play in Atlanta than he would to play for the Spurs, that tells you what he thinks about Atlanta....he can take his farewell tour somewhere else.

According to the media and NBA Fans around the league. They make it sound like we are in the running for the #1 pick next year with JJ re-signing. Having JJ back and the continue growth of the team which is expect under a different coach and an actual offense. I still see the Hawks as the 3rd best team in the East.

1.Magic

2.Heat

3.Hawks

4.Bucks

5.Celtics

6.Bulls

7.Bobcats

8.Cavs

I'm all for pulling for the home team, but this list is more than a little off. Dude, we barely got by the Bucks when they were without their best player. Also, the bulls are a solid and could be one good signing away from being legit contenders.