• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Master Free Agent List

Dragitoff

• Moderators

Add Shaun Livingston to this list

coachx and I had a debate about how many free agents would consider the Hawks at $3M or less. I didn't think $3M would go very far in free agency and he thought there would be valuable veterans whose worth was more than the first pick in the second round. He then gave his list of the players he predicted would sign for less than $3M. Since Livingston wasn't on his list, I won't add that one but you are right that he signed a deal for $3.5M/year with Charlotte and is off the market for us.

coachx and I had a debate about how many free agents would consider the Hawks at $3M or less. I didn't think $3M would go very far in free agency and he thought there would be valuable veterans whose worth was more than the first pick in the second round. He then gave his list of the players he predicted would sign for less than $3M. Since Livingston wasn't on his list, I won't add that one but you are right that he signed a deal for $3.5M/year with Charlotte and is off the market for us.

Ian Mahinmi 23yrs last year made $989,670 Agreed to 2 years, $1.8 million with Mavs

Another one of my glue guys are gone for a very reasonable price

• Moderators

Ian Mahinmi 23yrs last year made $989,670 Agreed to 2 years, $1.8 million with Mavs

Another one of my glue guys are gone for a very reasonable price

It will be interesting to see what he does next year considering he has a total of 32 games under his belt since he was drafted back in 2007. I like his chances better than Randolph Morris, though, for sure.

• Moderators

This seems like a better place to track this thread:

ZaZa's 1st deal was $4 mill per year for 4 years right ? That is pretty darn close.

Here is a list a FA that will be probably be $3 mill or cheaper per year. Many of these guys will be LLE players. I am bolding the players who will likely get more then the LLE in my mind but not over $3 mill.

Big Z -- Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Johan Petro

Steve Blake

Drew Gooden - $3 mill is possible and would be a steal Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Darko Milic Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Chris Duhon

Channy Frye Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Kyle Korver Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Amir Johnson Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Tony Allen

Ben Wallace Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Kyle Lowry

Tim Thomas

CJ Watson Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Marquis Daniels

Larry Hughes Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Theo Ratliff

Brad Miller - could play for the LLE on a contender. Good fit off the bench for teams running a triangle offense. -- Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Flip Murray

Earl Watson

Brian Skinner

Craig Smith

Shannon Brown

Joel Anthony

Rafer Aslton

Luke Ridnour

Kurt Thomas Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Damien Wilkens

Eddie House

Matt Barnes Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Adone Foyle

Louise Amundson

Randy Foye Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Matt Bonner

Roger Mason

Rasho Nesterovic

Gooden down for $6M/year

Darko down for $5M/year

Amir Johnson down for $7M/year

Frye down for $6M/year

Duhon for $3.75M/year

Blake for $4M/year

Korver $5M/year

Petro $3.3M/year

Tony Allen $3.33M/year

Ben Wallace $1.9M/year (resigned with his beloved Pistons)

Kyle Lowry $6M/year

Randy Foye $4.25M/year

Big Z minimum deal to play with Miami/Lebron

Matt Bonner > $3.2M/year

Luke Ridnour for $4M/year

2/15 so far for players under $3M/season and 0/15 as far as players considering the Hawks at that price.

Edited by AHF

I simply put out a list of veteran FA who would sign for AROUND $3 mill.

I took the ASG and Sund for their word that they would actually go over the cap and that the $3 mill would be used on veterans who were ready to produce now. I was merely listing FA who I thought would sign for around $3 mill since, at the time, the ASG were saying the had no problem paying luxury tax.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I simply put out a list of veteran FA who would sign for AROUND $3 mill.

I took the ASG and Sund for their word that they would actually go over the cap and that the $3 mill would be used on veterans who were ready to produce now. I was merely listing FA who I thought would sign for around $3 mill since, at the time, the ASG were saying the had no problem paying luxury tax.

Here is what was said:

Here is a list a FA that will be probably be $3 mill or cheaper per year.

Naturally, I am reviewing to see which of those FAs will actually be $3 mill or cheaper per year. I didn't even use your name in this thread so I am not trying to call you out on this so much as see whether FA expectations that we can land a veteran who can produce now for $3M or cheaper is realistic.

The question is really who can the Hawks land at that price and we are seeing that the Hawks aren't landing any of those guys so far even though we can go a little over $3M for one of them.

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

ZaZa's 1st deal was $4 mill per year for 4 years right ? That is pretty darn close.

Here is a list a FA that will be probably be $3 mill or cheaper per year. Many of these guys will be LLE players. I am bolding the players who will likely get more then the LLE in my mind but not over $3 mill.

Johan Petro

Steve Blake

Drew Gooden - $3 mill is possible and would be a steal Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Chris Duhon

Tony Allen

Kyle Lowry

Tim Thomas

Marquis Daniels

Theo Ratliff

Brad Miller - could play for the LLE on a contender. Good fit off the bench for teams running a triangle offense. -- Will not play for the Hawks for $3M/year

Flip Murray

Earl Watson

Brian Skinner

Craig Smith

Shannon Brown

Joel Anthony

Rafer Aslton

Luke Ridnour

Damien Wilkens

Eddie House

Adone Foyle

Louise Amundson

Matt Bonner

Roger Mason

Rasho Nesterovic

Gooden down for $6M/year

Darko down for $5M/year

Frye down for $6M/year

Duhon for $3.75M/year

Blake for $4M/year

Korver $5M/year

Petro $3.3M/year

Tony Allen $3.33M/year

Kyle Lowry $6M/year

Randy Foye $4.25M/year

Matt Bonner > $3.2M/year

Brad Miller $5M/year

Craig Smith ~$2M/year

3/17 so far for players under $3M/season and 0/17 as far as players considering the Hawks at that price.

Edited by AHF

Dang......now Craig Smith has resigned with the Clipps.

A physical bruiser many of us wanted.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68239/20100719/clippers_sign_craig_smith/#

The pickings are getting slim but I'm bolding the players who play "physical in the paint", in my mind:

Joe Smith

Earl Barron

Patrick O'Bryant

Josh Boon

Louis Amundson

Malik Allen

Earl Barron

Tonie Battie

P. Brezec

J. Brockman

I. Diogu

A. Foyle

A. Gay

S. Hunter

I. Mahinmi

S. Marks

R. Nesterovich

Oberto

T. Ratliff

B. Skinner

E. Thomas

K. Thomas

A. Tolliver - most talented but not very physical.

I guess out of this list my favorites for the Hawks are Diogu, Skinner, E. Thomas, K. Thomas, Foyle, Amundson, & Mahinmi.

Edited by coachx

Dang......now Craig Smith has resigned with the Clipps.

A physical bruiser many of us wanted.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68239/20100719/clippers_sign_craig_smith/#

The pickings are getting slim but I'm bolding the players who play "physical in the paint", in my mind:

Joe Smith

Earl Barron

Patrick O'Bryant

Josh Boon

Louis Amundson

Malik Allen

Earl Barron

Tonie Battie

P. Brezec

J. Brockman

I. Diogu

A. Foyle

A. Gay

S. Hunter

I. Mahinmi

S. Marks

R. Nesterovich

Oberto

T. Ratliff

B. Skinner

E. Thomas

K. Thomas

A. Tolliver - most talented but not very physical.

I guess out of this list my favorites for the Hawks are Diogu, Skinner, E. Thomas, K. Thomas, Foyle, Amundson, & Mahinmi.

You can scratch Brockman. SNT to the Bucks yesterday. I like him but thought for sure he would be matched. Bucks are having a solid off season IMO with picks and signings. They are getting deeper, while still staying young.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

Johan Petro

Steve Blake

Chris Duhon

Tony Allen

Kyle Lowry

Tim Thomas

Marquis Daniels

Shannon Brown

Flip Murray

Earl Watson

Rafer Aslton

Damien Wilkens

Eddie House

Roger Mason

Theo Ratliff

Brian Skinner

Craig Smith

Joel Anthony

Luke Ridnour

Adone Foyle

Louise Amundson

Matt Bonner

Rasho Nesterovic

Gooden down for $6M/year

Darko down for $5M/year

Frye down for $6M/year

Duhon for $3.75M/year

Blake for $4M/year

Korver $5M/year

Petro $3.3M/year

Tony Allen $3.33M/year

Kyle Lowry $6M/year

Randy Foye $4.25M/year

Matt Bonner > $3.2M/year

Brad Miller $5M/year

Craig Smith ~$2M/year

CJ Watson $3.3M/year

Matt Barnes offered $3.5M/year but wanted more to sign with someone other than a championship team; signed 2 year 3.6M deal with Lakers

Theo Ratliff $1.4M/year with the Lakers

Joel Anthony $3.6M/year

Kurt Thomas signed with Bulls for ??

5/21 so far for players signed at or under $3M/season (Thomas presently unknown)

5/5 of the players signed at or under $3M signing (usually at a discount) with an elite/trendy contender or longtime home team

0/22 as far as players considering the Hawks at that price.

Gooden down for $6M/year

Darko down for $5M/year

Frye down for $6M/year

Duhon for $3.75M/year

Blake for $4M/year

Korver $5M/year

Petro $3.3M/year

Tony Allen $3.33M/year

Kyle Lowry $6M/year

Randy Foye $4.25M/year

Matt Bonner > $3.2M/year

Brad Miller $5M/year

Craig Smith ~$2M/year

CJ Watson $3.3M/year

Matt Barnes offered $3.5M/year but wanted more to sign with someone other than a championship team; signed 2 year 3.6M deal with Lakers

Theo Ratliff $1.4M/year with the Lakers

Joel Anthony $3.6M/year

Kurt Thomas signed with Bulls for ??

5/21 so far for players signed at or under $3M/season (Thomas presently unknown)

5/5 of the players signed at or under $3M signing (usually at a discount) with an elite/trendy contender or longtime home team

0/22 as far as players considering the Hawks at that price.

Is there anyone left who can help us out at center now? I am assuming we got our backup PF in Powell.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

Is there anyone left who can help us out at center now? I am assuming we got our backup PF in Powell.

Earl "Viscount" Barron?

Or, like another poster mentioned, perhaps Kyrylo "No Runs, No Drips, No Errors" Fesenko

~lw3

Not much.

Earl Barron

Patrick O'Bryant

Josh Boon

Tonie Battie

P. Brezec

A. Foyle

A. Gay

S. Hunter

I. Mahinmi

S. Marks

R. Nesterovich

Oberto

B. Skinner

E. Thomas

Out of that list I like Thomas, Skinner, Foyle, Mahinmi, & Nesterovich. I hope there is another big out there that I forgot about.

Not much.

Earl Barron

Patrick O'Bryant

Josh Boon

Tonie Battie

P. Brezec

A. Foyle

A. Gay

S. Hunter

I. Mahinmi

S. Marks

R. Nesterovich

Oberto

B. Skinner

E. Thomas

Out of that list I like Thomas, Skinner, Foyle, Mahinmi, & Nesterovich. I hope there is another big out there that I forgot about.

Mahinmi has signed with Dallas. That was one of the first signings I felt the hawks should have made.

This is arguably the most interesting thread of the year. Because as we can see, a lot of the guys that we thought that we could get on the cheap, are not only securing multi-year contracts above the LLE, they're getting contracts from 3 - 5 million per year.

I don't think our ownership group anticipated this at all, and has caused them to blink. Even the lower market is overpriced for them, and in their minds, they have to settle for the bottom of the barrel. You still hear reports about the "Hall of Famer" and us being the frontrunner, but only willing to pay him even less than even these guys, because they have to fill out the rest of the roster and they don't want to go into Luxury Tax land.

Interesting thread . . and a great job by AHF by tracking each individual guy listed and what kind of contract they secured.

• Moderators

This is arguably the most interesting thread of the year. Because as we can see, a lot of the guys that we thought that we could get on the cheap, are not only securing multi-year contracts above the LLE, they're getting contracts from 3 - 5 million per year.

That is the interesting point for me as well. It is why I questioned the decision to dump Whiteside or some other player at #31 for $3M as being fiscally short-sighted.

That is the interesting point for me as well. It is why I questioned the decision to dump Whiteside or some other player at #31 for $3M as being fiscally short-sighted.

The ASG and Sund basically decieved us into thinking they would add other veterans to the team who could actually contribute and would pay luxury tax. After making JJ the highest paid player in the sport I bought it.

We all wanted to use the 31st pick (Alabi, Whiteside) but their explanation for not using it was rational only if they lived up to their word of adding a solid veteran, with little risk, and thus far they have not.