• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

They only have 1 ball

The combined scoring averages of the 3 players now on Miami last season were: 29.7, 26.6 and 24.0 A combined 80.3 ppg. Players have huge egos. How do they share the ball enough? How does Wade react when he's down to 20ppg and seeing Lebron average 26 a game? How does Bosh get his points with these 2 on the floor?

The difference with Boston's big 3 and why it worked is their style of play...KG in the deep post...PP in isolation on the wing and mid-post...and Ray coming off screens and 3 point shooting.....they also had a pass first point guard to get them the ball. Wade and LBJ's game is soooo similar and have always played with the ball in their hands, they are gonna have to adjust their games to play off the ball. It will be interesting to watch.

Joe could beat Wade or out play him like he did in the playoffs a couple years ago. Horford and Smoove can own Bosh. Problem is Lebron owned the whole Hawks team with the bums he played with in Clevland, now he has all stars with him instead of garbage. They are going to need rebounders and guys who can defend bigs to win a title in Miami but they are prolly going to beat the Hawks. I hope they never win a title but unless somebody makes some Celtic like moves from 2 years ago they prolly will soon. Our guys are star struck by James when they should be knocking him upside his head every time he takes it to the basket. Instead they let him throw powder and blow out birthday candles on our home court.

Edited by NJHAWK

I see some chemistry issues early on...but they'll figure it out as the season goes on. LeBron will evenually turn into the Magic from the 80's and distribute, then score when he needs to, The Cavs won 60 plus games with LeBron alone...It's scary to think how good Miami will be come playoffs, it's a mini all-star team!

As a true Hawks fan, I hope they all fail in Miami...it's funny, people always questioned Kobe's 3 rings with Shaq, I wonder how Lebron's will be viewed IF he does win any.

I keep reading the articles quoting Hubie where he mentions Chamberlain, West and Baylor being in a lot of people's top ten players ever and they NEVER beat the teamwork of the Boston Celtics without that pedigree.

And actually when Baylor retired and they put some lessor role players in his spot, they won it all a few years later.

When Boston brought together the big three there were a lot of questions of whether they would self destruct or it would work. It was no guaranteed thing and our lowly Hawks almost put them out in the first round.

All we know for now is Miami works on paper. There is no way to gage how they work on the court until they try it.

Personally, I can see Lebron and Wade working together and Bosh getting left out. His numbers dropping way down as he becomes a Rodman type while the other two are the Jordan/Pippen get all the glory types. Will Bosh be happy in that role? We'll see.

Edited by Endy9

I keep reading the articles quoting Hubie where he mentions Chamberlain, West and Baylor being in a lot of people's top ten players ever and they NEVER beat the teamwork of the Boston Celtics without that pedigree.

And actually when Baylor retired and they put some lessor role players in his spot, they won it all a few years later.

Excellent point. That is the best example of a "Big 3" not working out.

Lebron will need to play more like Magic and look to set up Wade and Bosh.

And looking at Boston's big three, the last two years Ray Allen has taken a lot of criticism for not pulling his weight. Then KG and Pierce got injured and people were calling for Doc Rivers' head. The big three impressed me by taking this criticism and handling it. No lashing out at the media. Just kept their heads and when they got healthy took care of business.

Can Wade, Lebron and Bosh do the same when they hit a bump in the road. Right now, I'd say they are much less likely not to lash out or turn on each other or the coach.

• 7 months later...
  • Moderators

Old thread...very pertinent in light of there now is "Crying in Basketball".

Hilarious. I'm sure the team loved splostra telling the media they were crying. I really can't believe that. Why would you cry over a regular season game? I know some love that they care so much but I like the zenmaster's approach 'is it april yet'. We will see what happens in the playoffs when a lot of phantom foul calls will reappear in the queen's favor.

• Moderators

Speaking of the Zenmaster, you have to like his "big boys don't cry. This is the NBA: no boys allowed" comments yesterday.

The three-egos are playing out nicely here - Bosh calling for more touches, Lebron dominating the ball in the clutch and failing, Wade complaining about not being the go-to scorer in close games, etc. I hope it continues because they still have the talent to do big things.

And if they win their next 18 consecutive games they will tie Cleveland's record from last season so they have that going for them!