• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

JOE JOHNSON DIDNT LEAVE US

NJHAWK

I m going to take my talents to South Beach, who the F says shyyyt like that. Say what you want about JJ, he wants the money no doubt but he could have title chased in Miami and bailed but he thinks he can win one with the team he is on.

LOL Joe goes where the money is. That's why he left the 62 win Suns for the 13 win Hawks and that's why he's still here.

ditto on this. JJ has always been about cash. I'm fairly certain NY and Miami didn't offer him close to our level of money. NJ almost surely did or at least would have offered him their max, but we could still exceed that substantially and who wants to be in NJ?

I m going to take my talents to South Beach, who the F says shyyyt like that. Say what you want about JJ, he wants the money no doubt but he could have title chased in Miami and bailed but he thinks he can win one with the team he is on.

He got the money, kudos to him...I hope he thinks we can win a ring. I'm happier with him signed, If he jumped ship for the Bulls or Knicks, it would be panic mode here.

• Like 1

Hey may be an overpaid underperforming All Star, but he is OUR underperforming, overpaid All-Star. I knew Lebron was full of ish when he said he is going down to South Beach....as if the court is on the beach and surrounded by some bikini clad h#es. Thats what happens when you have billion dollar decisions made by 25 year olds.

if money wasn't a problem (it's not for LBJ), and someone offered me slightly less money to go somewhere i wanted to be, with the opportunity of being at the top of my profession, i would leave too. all of us would. its like saying no to being a major part of microsoft, because your loyal to being a manager at bellsouth internet services. this was a no brainer. i feel for cleveland, but lets be real. it was too great of an opportunity to pass up. only a fool would.

if money wasn't a problem (it's not for LBJ), and someone offered me slightly less money to go somewhere i wanted to be, with the opportunity of being at the top of my profession, i would leave too. all of us would. its like saying no to being a major part of microsoft, because your loyal to being a manager at bellsouth internet services. this was a no brainer. i feel for cleveland, but lets be real. it was too great of an opportunity to pass up. only a fool would.

I hate to say it, but that is one of the worst analogies I have heard in my life. If you were living in your hometown and working around all of your friends in lets use Atlanta for this example and bellsouth paid you roughly 17 million a year, but you could move to microsoft and get slightly LESS money to work a better job in a different city. That is unbelievably stupid. No one would move to Microsoft in a different city that is not where you grew up in and for LESS money just to have a higher title on the corporate ladder. You may gain slightly more recognition for working at Microsoft, but come on this whole analogy is ignorant.

• Premium Member

why am I so depressed? I know the Hawks are not winning a title in the next 6 years.

I've totally forgiven Joe for his "heat of the moment" comments during the playoffs and I hope other Hawks fans do. I see nothing to profit by booing and trashing Joe now.

Well said.

JJ has every right to seek the most money for his services. I do not see it as a poor reflection of his character. His character will be defined by how he handles himself in the future. Will he be a true leader? Will he be a brooding, selfish kid? Will he be a man that serves as an example to all of us?

Time will tell.

How would all of you have felt if Joe hadnt made a decision as of last night and he appeared at that crap show with Lebron saying he was going to Miami with the rest of those clowns? I would have been pretty pizzzzzed off, alot more than I already am about that whole self centered " leon " type circus last night.

I hate to say it, but that is one of the worst analogies I have heard in my life. If you were living in your hometown and working around all of your friends in lets use Atlanta for this example and bellsouth paid you roughly 17 million a year, but you could move to microsoft and get slightly LESS money to work a better job in a different city. That is unbelievably stupid. No one would move to Microsoft in a different city that is not where you grew up in and for LESS money just to have a higher title on the corporate ladder. You may gain slightly more recognition for working at Microsoft, but come on this whole analogy is ignorant.

first off why all the insults. secondly, i said take money out of the equation, and the first thing you did is put money back in the equation. i'm talking about being a part of something special. i'm talking about having a chance to be a dynasty, i'm talking about Miami or Cleveland. family and friends always make moving tough, and that's why some people never leave their little part of the world (the true cause of ignorance), but i say do what makes YOU happy. lebron would have hated himself if he went back to cleveland. i would rather have an entire state hating me than to hate myself.

I've totally forgiven Joe for his "heat of the moment" comments during the playoffs and I hope other Hawks fans do. I see nothing to profit by booing and trashing Joe now.

I've forgiven him, contingent upon him abandoning the dribble-dribble-dribble-miss "offense" next year. I guess that's up to the coach, too.

• Moderators

Michael Jordan wouldn't have left Chicago for Detroit or NY, etc., IMO. He wasn't cut out of the same cloth as guys who say they want someone else to help them shoulder the load. Jordan wanted to win and to be the man doing it. He wanted to dominate his competition in the NBA not go join Ewing or Bird or Thomas in their cities.

This is why the Miami Heat have retired #23 - a recognition of that greatness and desire to be the best on the court.

Can you imagine Larry Bird joining the LA Lakers so he could play with Magic? Not going to happen.

For that matter, I can't imagine Kobe Bryant wanting to go play in Dwayne Wade's town. Kobe kicked Shaq to the curb so he could be the best on his own and own his town without a comparable star stealing his spotlight. I don't like Kobe, but you have to acknowledge he wouldn't have done this move.

Edited by AHF