• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Please post any bugs you find since the upgrade to 3.1.1

As you all have probably noticed 2 nights ago I upgraded the forums to the latest version of the software and since it had been nearly 6 months since the last upgrade and this one was the 1st of a somewhat major upgrade for IPB there are some bugs that I'm going to be working on fixing over the next week or so and most of them are due to the fact that the Hawksquawk "skin" was created for the previous version and there are literally dozens of pages that I have to go through the code and update in our skin files to make the new features work. It's a lot of work but I believe it's worth it so that we don't have to use the default skin or a different colored version of it like most sites would do.

So with that said please be patient with me and if you find any issues with the site please add them to this thread.

Edit - I now have the Hawksquawk skin fully transitioned to the new code and hopefully that will take care of 99% of the bugs but if you see something please don't hesitate to let me know.

Hey Dolfan!

Something I noticed today - clicking on the tabs in a user profile (About Me, Topics, Posts, Blog, Gallery) results in an 'Action Failed' dialog box.

Thanks for making me aware of it and this should be fixed now, along with hopefully 99% of the other errors that were happening as I've now got this skin fully converted to the new code.

Not sure if its a bug, but I direct you to a post of mine where I have a section bolded in a quote that was not bolded:

http://www.hawksquaw...post__p__464228

And also, when I tried to go into my profile and look up recent "Posts" or "Topics" it popped up with an "Action Failed" window. Neither of the links worked for me.

The bold thing is something I can't figure out. I'm guessing it's got something to do with all of the () in the post but I can't say for sure.

Everything in your profile should be working now but please let me know if it isn't.

Thanks for your feedback!

Continued thanks for all you and the others do.

When is it time for some of us to make a donation again? I'm ready . . .

Thank you it's certainly appreciated and people are welcome to donate anytime that they'd like. I don't know if you'd be able to or not since you already have an active subscription and I certainly don't want you to feel like you need to donate, especially considering that it wasn't that long ago that you donated last time. Very kind of you to offer though!

Not sure if its a bug, but I direct you to a post of mine where I have a section bolded in a quote that was not bolded:

http://www.hawksquaw...post__p__464228

And also, when I tried to go into my profile and look up recent "Posts" or "Topics" it popped up with an "Action Failed" window. Neither of the links worked for me.

This is now fixed and we shouldn't see any more bugs, at least I hope not LOL.

I have only noticed this on FireFox. Threads at certain times seem to have trouble loading completely. I tried it on google chrome and didn't have the same problem.

I think that the problem with that was the script that I was running to show who is chatting because I was having those problems as well and then I removed that script and re-loaded my cache and haven't seen that since. So try doing a CTRL + F5 and see if you continue to get that problem in Firefox.

• 5 months later...

No bug, just a question about features. Am I just dreaming up stuff or at one point in time didn't the Squawk have a feature for each member where they could put certain "notes" down with their profile? Something saved to the website that one could go back to later? I couldn't find it today and I wasn't sure if I was making this up or what.

Since I've never used that feature before I had to search for it but it is still there. Click here or click on your name in the bottom left of the screen on the member bar and then click "My Settings" and then you'll see a link on the left for "Manage Notes". Hope that helps!

• 1 year later...

Does anyone else have slow scrolling problems in Chrome on this forum and others?

I've noticed on two separate computers that Chrome scrolls this site and others significantly slower than IE.

Any ideas on why?