• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I still don't understand...

ATL_BALLER

Yes, we have a new coach, but beyond a potentially smoother offense, what suggests that this current bunch won't be the same maddening team that can look so great at times then completely give up?

I love my Hawks, but the embarrassing sweep STILL resonates strongly with me, bad match-up or not, for the way we went down. I'm not one for knee-jerks, but I think we know what to expect with this mix, barring a miracle in which Marvin finally mans up and Smoove ends his sulking.

The only change has been on the sidelines - what can we reasonably expect to change? Maybe Teague makes a huge difference. I don't know, but I hope I'm pleasantly surprised-

Yes, we have a new coach, but beyond a potentially smoother offense, what suggests that this current bunch won't be the same maddening team that can look so great at times then completely give up?

I love my Hawks, but the embarrassing sweep STILL resonates strongly with me, bad match-up or not, for the way we went down. I'm not one for knee-jerks, but I think we know what to expect with this mix, barring a miracle in which Marvin finally mans up and Smoove ends his sulking.

The only change has been on the sidelines - what can we reasonably expect to change? Maybe Teague makes a huge difference. I don't know, but I hope I'm pleasantly surprised-

Well, we are not the only team to be swept in the playoff, but I understand your concern. It is all about confidence and Atlanta has overcame alot of obstacles. And remember this, they're still a young group of guys that need like 1 or 2 more pieces. The problem has been how to get those pieces.

I think there's pressure on the Hawks, for once. I mean, the last few years of success, we were still "young and athletic" and playing past our means, so to speak. No more of that talk.

New coach to instill an offense. Pressure. JJ getting a crazy deal, he has to play, period = pressure. Al Horford trying to back up an all-star year, that's hard to do is pressure. Smoove trying to prove his all-star snub wasn't a fluke, and getting his first bid is going to be tough to match. Teague bidding for his worth will bring out the best in him...

I don't see a lot of fall off from 2010 because we have a lot to prove as indiduals, and that will produce wins. It's the playoffs where we need to step it up...