• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cavs interested in Childress?

HawksFan87

• Admin

Why does everyone want scorers for our PG?

Mo worked in Cleveland because he played off of Lebron who brought the ball up.

Mo doesn't run an offense, he plays off it.

We need a pg that can run and offense and get other players involved.

Why does everyone want scorers for our PG?

Mo worked in Cleveland because he played off of Lebron who brought the ball up.

Mo doesn't run an offense, he plays off it.

We need a pg that can run and offense and get other players involved.

No we don't, we need a PG that can get in the lane and shoot the three. Do you realize if Teague starts...we will have only one starter than can knock down a three with any regularity! Mo can penetrate and shoot the ball.

You can run sets to get people invloved.

Edited by swolehawk2

Say NO to Mo....We don't need a second starter on this team to not show up during the playoff, that's JJ's job :biggrin: (I'm glad he's back though)

Gotta put JJ Hickson in that trade somewhere. Marvin/Bibby for Mo/Hickson. Sign Shaq and call it an offseason.

I'd still want another SF in there though.

If we want Shaq then he is going to be involved in the trade one way or another because he wants more than the MLE to sign with the Hawks and that's the only way that we can offer him more.

The trade could be as simple as a re-signed Childress being traded to Cleveland for a re-signed Shaq to a contract $1 million or so more than the MLE, probably for 2 years. Childress would get about the same amount but probably for 3 or more years I'd guess.

My hope is that the deal is expanded to include us getting Mo Williams and the Cavs getting Bibby, but we'd have to include Evans or pay Childress about 1-2 million more than what Shaq re-signs for to make the salaries match up since Mo makes roughly 4 million more than Bibby.

If we want Shaq then he is going to be involved in the trade one way or another because he wants more than the MLE to sign with the Hawks and that's the only way that we can offer him more.

The trade could be as simple as a re-signed Childress being traded to Cleveland for a re-signed Shaq to a contract $1 million or so more than the MLE, probably for 2 years. Childress would get about the same amount but probably for 3 or more years I'd guess.

My hope is that the deal is expanded to include us getting Mo Williams and the Cavs getting Bibby, but we'd have to include Evans or pay Childress about 1-2 million more than what Shaq re-signs for to make the salaries match up since Mo makes roughly 4 million more than Bibby.

Well, I hope we will be getting Mo Wil to come off the bench. Teague is going to start rather ppl on this board like it or not. He and LD have been working together all off season. He is LD project and Sund is looking to see his pick get the playing time.

My only problem is trading Chill and Marvin. I hope that isn't the case or we will only have 1 SF.......... or maybe they are planning on putting Shaq in the line up and move Smoove to SF. That will raise hell on this board but not from me :whistling:

Well, I hope we will be getting Mo Wil to come off the bench. Teague is going to start rather ppl on this board like it or not. He and LD have been working together all off season. He is LD project and Sund is looking to see his pick get the playing time.

My only problem is trading Chill and Marvin. I hope that isn't the case or we will only have 1 SF.......... or maybe they are planning on putting Shaq in the line up and move Smoove to SF. That will raise hell on this board but not from me :whistling:

Mo Williams off the bench if we get him is not gonna happen....

I would have loved Woody to have played Teague 20-25 minutes a game last year because I am concerned of Teague going from no playing time at all to full-time starter.

Mo Williams off the bench if we get him is not gonna happen....

I would have loved Woody to have played Teague 20-25 minutes a game last year because I am concerned of Teague going from no playing time at all to full-time starter.

I know what you mean.It seems like ever since Teague helped Larry

Drew demonstrate a few offensive sets for the ASG, Everyone has just given Teague the starting job , without him earning it.

Latest tweet from Sam Amico.

I say we S&T Childress because he doesn't want to be here. I think we should try and wait on Marvin. I think teams know that Marvin given the oppurtunity can be a big time scorer in this league. I think Atlanta is trying to see the value Marvin has on the market.

Teague is going to have to earn the starting job and if we traded for Mo Williams I highly doubt that Teague would start ahead of him this year. As long as Teague still gets 20mpg or so this year he'd be fine backing up Mo and probably better off. The only reason I'd want him starting with the roster as it stands today is that Bibby isn't nearly the player that Mo Williams is and Teague should already be more productive than Bibby, especially defensively.

And that's a definite no to not having Marvin or Childress. I don't think Marvin is going anywhere unless we're bringing Childress back or acquiring a quality SF from someone else. The truth is that we need Marvin (or Childress) and another natural SF to back the starter up because Mo Evans is undersized at SF.

Man if AV was up for grabs I would give them Chill, rights to Craw, and another first, whatever. If cleveland would be willing to trade him, I gotta believe teams would be all over him with good offers.

Edited by Kimsey

Mo for Marvin Straight Up would be a tremendous upgrade then Jamal for Chandler. Sign Barnes to the MLE for a back up plan if Josh to the 3 doesn't work out.

Mo / JT / Bibby

JJ / Evans / JC

Josh / Barnes

Al

Chandler / ZaZa

We have enough flexibility with Bibby to move him or Chill for a back up PF and the MLE. That line up gives our Big Three the complimentary pieces to compete with the Big Three in Miami and Boston. fwiw i hate Mo Williams as a hot dogging coat-tail riding tool bag - but he would be a nice addition to our line up.

I know what you mean.It seems like ever since Teague helped Larry

Drew demonstrate a few offensive sets for the ASG, Everyone has just given Teague the starting job , without him earning it.

I'm willing to bet anyone here $20 that Teague will play more minutes (I'm 80% that he will start the season as the starting PG if we don't get CP3) than any of our PGs Bibby or Mo Wil (if we get him). Every time LD talked to the media/fans he always brought up how Teague is working hard.

When I went to the Hawks Draft party LD made a big deal out of how hard Teague is working in the off season.... about how when he comes in the office in the morning Teague is leaving. Then later Teague is comes back in the day to train more.

No one asked him about the PG position at that time. He put it out there. His eyes said it all.

I remember Woody saying at the end of the season that he told Bibby that next season would be Teague's year.

and last, Michael Gearon went on the radio talking about how he thought Teague should have gotten more minutes.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

Atlanta better in talks for Melo if we trade Marvin and Chillz.