• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Suns acquire Childress in a S&T for 2012 2nd & 3 mil TPE

GameTime

1. Shaq won't sign with the Hawks for the MLE. He has said that.

2. I said PART of the MLE, meaning not offer Thomas the FULL MLE.

1. I know that which is why we shouldn't sign him.

2. Cool. Use some of the TE to sign him. I would rather B. Miller though for full MLE.

1. Shaq won't sign with the Hawks for the MLE. He has said that.

I'm beginning to wonder if he will get more then the MLE from any team now. Miami could still sign him to a minimum but do the Hawks have any other serious competition for Shaq's services now?

If we got part of the TPE, which I know we did, it makes me think we're moving a pick or a roster player in another deal. This might be the way we can offer Shaq more than the MLE to get him to sign here now.

With the 3 mil from OKC and the 5-6 from Phx, we have a lot of room to get CP3, Okafor and even Posey bad contract to clear NO of debt pass 2010-11. Just saying.

• Like 1

How does 2.2 + 1.5 = 5-6 million?? For a numbers guy Hollinger isn't making much sense there.

I am not sure but clearly the numbers could 5-6 but the 2.2+1.5 is wrong. 3.7 would be those #.

With the 3 mil from OKC and the 5-6 from Phx, we have a lot of room to get CP3, Okafor and even Posey bad contract to clear NO of debt pass 2010-11. Just saying.

I havent looked into it but i hope your right!

1. I know that which is why we shouldn't sign him.

2. Cool. Use some of the TE to sign him. I would rather B. Miller though for full MLE.

Brad Miller for MLE wouldn't make any sense. Miller cannot handle D12 so we are back to square one.

I'm bummed

Chill was my 2nd face hawk after horford

I hoped he was coming back with new coach

Suns got their Marion replacement, good for them

He'll put up good numbers a la diaw making this a steal for them

We better get something good with the TE to make this worth it

Also, we aren't moving Marvin now...sorry diesel

• Squawkers

The Hawks are discussing a sign-and-trade that would send forward Josh Childress to Phoenix for a second-round pick and a trade exception, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed tonight.

Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic reported tonight that the deal is “on the verge” of completion. Childress would sign with Phoenix for six years and at least $30 million, according to the report.

If Childress signs a deal for those terms, Atlanta’s trade exception would be worth half the full amount of his first-year salary since he would become a base-year compensation player. The exception works as a sort of credit that would allow the Hawks to make a trade while over the salary cap without meeting the usual salary-matching requirement.

Atlanta drafted Childress with the No. 6 overall pick of the 2004 draft. He played four seasons with the Hawks before opting to sign a free-agent contract with Greek team Olympiakos in 2008. He has until Thursday to opt out of the final season of …

View the full article

How does 2.2 + 1.5 = 5-6 million?? For a numbers guy Hollinger isn't making much sense there.

Sorry about starting a new thread with that tweet but I never heard of a te getting divided in two and the #'s didnt make sense so I wanted some of the cap gurus to see it for sure.

I would have to see what Toronto and Phoenix's cap situations look like but it might be complicated. So I cannot comment on that side, but Hollinger is 100% wrong about the Hawks. Surprise! Chill is BYC, Hawks would only get a TPE worth half of Chill's starting salary.

3.1-3.6 is more likely the case.

Edited by nbasuperstar40