• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Paul....yall cant be serious, right?

Duzit

Sure I'm a noob around these parts, and I'm 100% certain that most of you know the financial logistics of the NBA wayyyy better than I do. Heck, I'm a football guy. I bleed black and red and I aint talking about that crappy UGA blood either.

With that said, what makes some people on these boards even come up with the fantasy that we will EVER make some sort of trade to acquire Chris Paul? Am I missing something here?

1. N.O. would be bananas to truly trade the only guy that sells them tickets and is a proven all-star and playmaker in the league. I dont care about ownership changes or any of that; a current or future owner knows what Chris Paul provides. The trade to get him would have to be phenomenal.

2. Speaking of phenomenal trade, who did you have in mind as bait? Smoove? I mean he is our only defensive presence on the team. Sure let's ship him out. Maybe it's the pigskin speaking in me, but defense wins championships. Smoove may have some lapses in judgement, but given the right coaching and he can be unstoppable.

3. How would we even afford Chris Paul? Again, I'm shaky with NBA financial terms and philosophies, but we did just sign a guy to the highest contract in the league and can barely keep guys like Josh Childress. I mean we sold the 31st pick in the draft!!!!

4. Larry Drew seems to be high on Teague. Chris Paul stunts Teague's development once more. I don't wanna hear anything about "watching and learning from Paul" either. He already did that with Bibby.

5. Chris Paul is coming off an injury.

6. ASG doesn't have the smarts nor nads to pull off a trade of that caliber. Not trying to be rude....well maybe a little....but am I wrong???

7. And where did the reports come from that there is even a trade brewing between ATL and NO??? If anything I'd rather a deal be looming for us to scoop Carmelo.

I'm just wondering, because every time I open a thread somebody is hollering some jargon about trading for Chris Paul. Is this like some sort of an inside joke or something? If somebody could please enlighten me I'd highly appreciate it. 'Til next time...

• Like 2

Sure I'm a noob around these parts, and I'm 100% certain that most of you know the financial logistics of the NBA wayyyy better than I do. Heck, I'm a football guy. I bleed black and red and I aint talking about that crappy UGA blood either.

With that said, what makes some people on these boards even come up with the fantasy that we will EVER make some sort of trade to acquire Chris Paul? Am I missing something here?

1. N.O. would be bananas to truly trade the only guy that sells them tickets and is a proven all-star and playmaker in the league. I dont care about ownership changes or any of that; a current or future owner knows what Chris Paul provides. The trade to get him would have to be phenomenal.

2. Speaking of phenomenal trade, who did you have in mind as bait? Smoove? I mean he is our only defensive presence on the team. Sure let's ship him out. Maybe it's the pigskin speaking in me, but defense wins championships. Smoove may have some lapses in judgement, but given the right coaching and he can be unstoppable.

3. How would we even afford Chris Paul? Again, I'm shaky with NBA financial terms and philosophies, but we did just sign a guy to the highest contract in the league and can barely keep guys like Josh Childress. I mean we sold the 31st pick in the draft!!!!

4. Larry Drew seems to be high on Teague. Chris Paul stunts Teague's development once more. I don't wanna hear anything about "watching and learning from Paul" either. He already did that with Bibby.

6. ASG doesn't have the smarts nor nads to pull off a trade of that caliber. Not trying to be rude....well maybe a little....but am I wrong???

7. And where did the reports come from that there is even a trade brewing between ATL and NO??? If anything I'd rather a deal be looming for us to scoop Carmelo.

I'm just wondering, because every time I open a thread somebody is hollering some jargon about trading for Chris Paul. Is this like some sort of an inside joke or something? If somebody could please enlighten me I'd highly appreciate it. 'Til next time...

I'll take a crack at this.

The emergence of Darren Collison. After Paul went down, Collison averaged about 19 points and over 8 assists a game. All star caliber numbers.

We'd trade = salaries making the money aspect null and void but we'd trade them shorter/better contracts.

Part of the deal would be to offload Okafer's contract for them.

there would probably be a future first involved.

Lastly, it is a well known rumor that Atlanta is one of several trade partner's they'd look at. Like most teams they covet Smith and most teams want Marvin even though we don't appreciate him. Marvin's contract is very reasonable given his production, potential and defense. Marvin was stuck as 4th-6th option most nights in Woodson's guard heavy, iso offense. Other teams believe they could get 18-7 out of him easy as a 3rd option.

• Like 1

I can't see Marvin getting traded under these circumstances but Smith+Craw+Evans could happen. They would probably want to off load Posey as well which is too far for all teams at the moment. For many Okafor is.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

That we are even talking to the hornets???

We aren't talking to the Hornets (well, at least not actively).

Posters just want some shred of hope that this team could improve & become a legitimate contender, especially since La Ti & Da joined forces in our own division.

Lie to yourself if you want, but they will fill that roster out & will be a downright scary team.

And Howard isn't getting old, or slow, or injury prone.

No one really thinks it will happen.

Can it happen?

Technically, yes.

And that's how it becomes a discussion topic.

People like hope. You can't blame em.

It's good to see I'm not the only one living in this dimension, but hey 2012 is coming up so maybe some people here decided to get use to saying insane things before the nuclear fallout has us all loosing our minds. :worshippy: :thumbsupsmileyanim: