Hawks Summer League Action Starts Tonight

KrisWillis

Myself I will be wanting to see how Jeff Teague handles himself. I want to see if he can control a game. He didn't look comfortable last season to me with what little time he got on the court with the other starters. That is the challenge for Larry Drew going forward, getting Teague's confidence up to where he feels like he belongs on the floor no matter who is also out there. What are you guys going to be watching for tonight?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight is all about seeing if Teague runs the point with any confidence. I also want to see if he can display some leadership qualities. Whether he plays indecisive or not. Other than that, I want to see what kind of handles Craw 2 has at the level. I want to see if he comes out aggressive or plays too passive.

I still don't get qhy the Hawks couldn't field a summer league team last season to get Teague some more experience.

I am not sure what the reasoning was for not fielding a team but I don't think the Hawks were the only team that didn't. Could have had to do with the economy but I am not positive.

Crawford cause Im an X fan. Teague because Im a Hawks fan. Any sign whatsoever of a promising big man. Talk of the Hawks actually using the TPE. Talk of Shaq about to sign the Mle with us.

It's really all about Teague. He's the only hope in the pipe dream that this team can one day win the Eastern Conference Finals or at the very least make the Eastern Conference Finals.

He has to be that fourth all-star or at least fringe all-star part on this team in addition to Joe, Josh, and Horford that could help us perhaps overcome the fact that we don't have a top 5 player.

Watching summer league all day... and cant wait to see our backcourt. I know a couple are supposedly a yr away from contributing to this team but I will have to see it to believe it(our forgieners making the squad at any point in their career). I Havent seen Gladyr in live action as of yet so this should be good.

On a side note. ... watching the other teams play... I am still in love with McGee. He is doing his thing against Golden State.

• Premium Member

I'll watch as much as I can tonight on ESPN3. I'm really nterested to see if Teague will be the force he was at Wake Forest. I also want to see how Crawford's scoring ability translates to the NBA level. It might also be interesting to see if RandMo has a pulse. This is his time to show if he has anything to contribute to the Hawk's bench. He has the size and the offensive post skills to make a difference, it's just his motor that's a concern. It looks like Gladyr and Sy are heading back overseas regardless, but it will still be cool to see how they'll do.

In this order:

1. Teague- can he run the show or not?

2. Crawford- advertised as a pure scorer and never disappointed in college. Will it translate?

3. Augustine- athletic big that could take a roster spot.

I have a feeling the battle between Landon Milbourne and Trey Gilder will be the talk of hawksquawk though. Both are leapers/finishers. Would like to see some spot up game from them, however.

• Moderators

I want a glimpse of this Drewyball thing we've been told about. No Iso-Teagues.

I want to see how players do on the finishing end of Teague's assists, and how well Teague does under pressure finding open teammates.

I wouldn't mind if Jordan Crawford crowns somebody on the break. By tournament's end, it will be really good if he makes me forget all about Damion James.

I want to see whether Pape Sy has a game that's bigger than his name.

I want to see somebody break out offensively (Luke Jackson? James Augustine?), and what will happen to the roster if Sergiy Gladyr turns out to be good.

I want Randolph Morris to demonstrate why he is still taking up space on my TV set.

~lw3

I want a glimpse of this Drewyball thing we've been told about. No Iso-Teagues.

I want to see how players do on the finishing end of Teague's assists, and how well Teague does under pressure finding open teammates.

I wouldn't mind if Jordan Crawford crowns somebody on the break. By tournament's end, it will be really good if he makes me forget all about Damion James.

I want to see whether Pape Sy has a game that's bigger than his name.

I want to see somebody break out offensively (Luke Jackson? James Augustine?), and what will happen to the roster if Sergiy Gladyr turns out to be good.

I want Randolph Morris to demonstrate why he is still taking up space on my TV set.

~lw3

This is a good point as tonight we will get a first glimpse of the Drew offense. While I doubt that they are going to be too elaborate with it I am interested in seeing what they bring to the table.