• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Notes

reeballin4

Sy looked like more of a point in that 2nd half than Teague did through most the game. He was more concerned with setting up the offense and only drove or shot when there was nothing else whereas Teague looked to penetrate and get his own offense first.

Yes, Jordan needs to work on that handle and find a counter-move(s) quick. These aren't even middle tier NBA talent he's playing against but Jordan would look to blow by his man baseline every time only to be stopped on each attempt before quickly passing the ball up. Creating his own O might be a lil tough for him on this level but his ball handling was nowhere as awkward looking as Gladyr.

Gladyr looked absolutely overwhelmed out there in every non catch and shoot opportunity including defense.

RandMo was a non-factor in the game.

Aminu was literally playing like Smoove out there, keying the passing lanes for steals and leading the breaks down court for the finish. Good motor on him, he was active and everywhere on the court.

James Augustin seems a lil tired from his stint in OSL. Teams go back to back for 5 days straight with practice so he might have trouble finding his wind.

Richard Hendrix was the recipient of Sy's absolutely unexpected drive and dishes but he also worked hard on his own boxing out and played the post tough.

Those are all of my impressions of the first game, my LCD blew out so I missed most of the first half but I definitely liked what I saw especially out of our "Batman" pick, Sy. Based on one half I actually think Sund might not be too crazy with this pick but it's not all good as I'm hating him more for the Gladyr pick than the Sy pick. Ahhh I feel like I should be one of those guys on RealGM that overrate their teams' young talent based limited sample size :computer2:

Having gone to Georgia Tech while Aminu was there, I got the chance to see him play a lot. He really is like a PF version of Mario West. He's not very polished offensively, but he'll get you garbage points and hustle points. He plays solid defense, but isn't extremely athletic. He is physical on defense and rebounding, however. He runs the floor VERY well.

I really say the Hawks add this guy to the end of their bench... If he had a Joe Smith-type mid range jump shot, then that would be great to add to his hustle plays and solid defense.

Realistically, how many players from this squad can make the team considering the finacial situation? Teague and Crawford have contracts, but with this squad is there room in the wallet for guys like Aminu or Augustin/Hendrix? Basically is this just a pick one and done situation? I know Sund better not have RandMo a roster slot.

From Peachtree Hoops:

The Hawks dug themselves a hole in the first half due to some sporadic play that included missing lay ups, missing jump shots, and turning the ball over. They did however play at a very encouraging pace and had ample ball movement around the perimeter.

Love to hear this. Hope it trnaslates to the regular season.

PopC is looking very promising to me.

I think "PopC" has great physical tools - combination of size, handles, and athleticism is really something to work with. Also has the right attitude to be a good defensive player. Just needs more coaching and work. If he were 19 and not 22, I would be VERY high on him. As it is, he has a chance, I just hope he has good coaching this next year in Europe.

I think "PopC" has great physical tools - combination of size, handles, and athleticism is really something to work with. Also has the right attitude to be a good defensive player. Just needs more coaching and work. If he were 19 and not 22, I would be VERY high on him. As it is, he has a chance, I just hope he has good coaching this next year in Europe.

If he takes what you've addressed and develops them . . . . . he could be a good role player, something we have lacked.

A. Aminu - You guys haven't mentioned Aminu much / He was very agggressive and when you have this type of height and his agility, you can be a solid player / Let's see if he can keep it up and get a spot ./ he was very solid on both ends...

Teague - look very decent / very solid decisions and sharp ballhandling even when pressured / knocked down a few shots including a sick 3PT splash when he broke some guys ankles and maed him fall...

J. Crawford - looked almost like a mix of Joe/Jamal / Joe's deceptive quickness + Jamal's fearlessness / Jordan can shoot and is not afraid to / also made 3-4 nice dishes / and he hustles on DEF (gambles a little)

Pape Sy - started very slow and tenative, but when he turn it up, he looked ready (some early calls against him may have played into that a bit too) / he was was very comfortable handling the ball @ PG!!!

J. Augustine - didn't do anything special but he played solid and showed decent skills / he has a good basketball IQ...

R. Hendrix - made BIG impact with hustle and DEF / he may not make da team / but he kept us in this game toward the end / was a real solid impact...

Spot on analysis all the way around.

I like the comparison of Jordan Crawford with regards to deceptive quickness and fearless combo