• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

‘Rook' no longer, Teague looking to guide Hawks

pimp

• Premium Member

Good grab!

But I'm ever amazed how everyone continue to lay all of the Hawks shortcomings at the feet of coach Woody.

anyway...I love this quote:

I don't want him to feel like he is being overpowered by veteran guys. Being a point guard' date=' there is a level of responsibility that you have to display. You can't be afraid to step on a toe when you are doing your job.[/quote']

and I love this one too:

and this one made me think of Acie Law:

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Nice read and Im hoping hes ready to give us at least 20 solid minutes because fi not we are screwed . I fully expect Bibbys play to follow the path of everyone else from his era Francis,marbury, white chocolate ,Wells,Davis,Hughes .

Good grab!

But I'm ever amazed how everyone continue to lay all of the Hawks shortcomings at the feet of coach Woody.

anyway...I love this quote:

and I love this one too:

and this one made me think of Acie Law:

this is why I've done a 180 on Bibbs:

Having Bibby as a mentor here is a great thing. And he can still help win a game when his shot is falling. I'm very happy to hear Bibby has his mind right about this. It really looks like we're going to roll with Teague for 20-25+ minutes a night. I hope we do it even if it hurts us in the standings at first. Internal growth is really the only chance we have to become a real contender. Or hope Howard goes West in 2012. :)

Teauge looked extremely solid in summer league. He is fast and quick of the dribble. If he wants to become a premier PG in the NBA he still has to work on the turnover problem, he also has to refine his shot. I dont think he will ever become Rondo, but maybe a few all-star game are in this guys future.

Bibby is pretty much done and think he even pretty much knows it. He might can play a bit as a spot up shooter, but we need a backup PG if we don't expect Teague to play 30-35 minutes. And Craw as a"PG" is not an option in a non-ISO Woody offense.

Bibby is pretty much done and think he even pretty much knows it. He might can play a bit as a spot up shooter, but we need a backup PG if we don't expect Teague to play 30-35 minutes. And Craw as a"PG" is not an option in a non-ISO Woody offense.

Actually Crawford in a non Woody system is more of a option than in Woodys system .

Its not like Jamal would be the starting at PG. Whats the big deal if he brought the ball up couple times a game, while also backing up Joe at SG when he needs to.

Chucked shots and destroyed rhythm. Remember Craw had his best season of his career last year. He is usually a 40% FG shooter.

Chucked shots and destroyed rhythm. Remember Craw had his best season of his career last year. He is usually a 40% FG shooter.

still living in the past so he destroyed rhythm and chucked shots to shoot 45% ???? at a certain points this just becomes comical .

• Premium Member

That quote by Bibby is the reason why I happen to like the guy. With the issues the Hawks had in the locker room, you gotta love a guy who doesn't allow his ego to get the best of him. All that aside, it's Teagues time and I know he will contribute right away. The non-believers will be forced to change their opinions on this kid. I saw a very confident Teague pulling off ankle breaking moves and knocking down pull up jumpers Monday night and I expect to see the same thing once the season starts.

The past? Try his whole career minus his "career year" last year.

Why is what he did on the knicks or Bulls relevant to what hes done for us ? Should we ignore that he wont he 6th man because it happened with us to dwell on what he did on other teams ? No only haters think that way . Lets just ignore his time with the hawks to focus on 2007 or 2008 thats the ultimate hater philosophy.