• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Stephen A Smith twitter....

Brotha2ThaNite

I know, I know... another Shaq topic.

I'm just trying help to keep everyone up to date on what is going on.

I saw the MC report but I think it's the Hawks calling Shaq's bluff. I don't think they are going to trade Marvin for him. I don't think they are going to give him 7 to 8mil either.

But they will give him around 3 to 4mil for two years. I think Shaq is going to take it too. I just don't see anyone giving him more than that and his pickens are running very low.

The Hawks will get him. I'm starting to believe he will not get a starting job.

http://twitter.com/stephenasmith

No disrespect to MC but I believe Stephen A Smith and 3D when they say Hawks will be the team that Shaq will come join.

Already been called by Joe Johnson, telling him to stop playing games and to get his big self to Atlanta. It's on Shaq now. His call.

4 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

It's all a matter of whether it'll be a sign-and-trade (that will get him the $8 mil per he wants) or a 2-year deal for less. Shaq has

5 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Also...the latest on the Shaq Front: Cleveland's offer is low-ball. So is the one from Chicago. So it looks like Atlanta is the spot for him

6 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite
  • Like 1

• Admin

I saw the MC report but I think it's the Hawks calling Shaq's bluff. I don't think they are going to trade Marvin for him. I don't think they are going to give him 7 to 8mil either.

But they will give him around 3 to 4mil for two years. I think Shaq is going to take it too. I just don't see anyone giving him more than that and his pickens are running very low.

No disrespect to MC but I believe Stephen A Smith and 3D when they say Hawks will be the team that Shaq will come join.

I don't want to pay Shaq 8 million a season (he is not worth that) and I don't want to trade Marvin for him (big mistake).

Shaq has made more money over the years that he does not need more then the mle.

Get over yourself and sign up already

I would not be surprised if MC was told to write an article along those lines. It would help the Hawks chances of getting a good offer from him considering that all the other contenders do not want him.

I think at the end of the day, he is ours. I'm worried it will be more than $3-4 million, but I hope it's not.

Thanks for the info. Nice hear JJ called him.........I'm sure Stephen A. "translates" the message is in his own words but never the less, I'm glad JJ reached out to him.

As long as its not other "troll" asking if the rumors are true or of posters are just making stuff up. That is the crap thate drives me nuts. Those posters should be banned for a week so they realize they can't act the fool by cluttering the board with worthless crap. OK, I feel better now.

Thanks again for the info.

• Like 1

I don't want to pay Shaq 8 million a season (he is not worth that) and I don't want to trade Marvin for him (big mistake).

Shaq has made more money over the years that he does not need more then the mle.

I think the only thing he is worried about now is the 2nd season of his reality TV show.

http://abc.go.com/shows/shaq-vs

If we sign him I just hope he is ready to play ball and not be a primadona.

Agreed. Under the right circumstances bring him on. Otherwise move on. I posted earlier that NY would pay him more but he wants to be on a contender.

• Premium Member

Good information! Looks like we are in a full fledged 'Shaq watch' mode now. Like most, I'd like to see this get done sooner rather than later but I can wait if we can get him at a good price.

Any thoughts on what the possible impact of a lockout might have on him for year 2? Given that he indicated he may want a farewell tour, that could end up being the upcoming season.

• Premium Member

I think the only thing he is worried about now is the 2nd season of his reality TV show.

http://abc.go.com/shows/shaq-vs

If we sign him I just hope he is ready to play ball and not be a primadona.

I kind of look at it as "What do we have to lose?"

We cannot compete with Orlando at this point and he is the ONLY player out there that can match up with Dwight Howard.

Shaq is not getting anything but the Vet minimum out of anybody else so we'd be foolish to throw the full MLE at him. Give him 2-3 mil for 2 years that way it's a low risk high reward for the team where we don't shake up our roster or hamstring what little we have of our capspace. He can either take it or head towards the broadcast booth, maybe resurrect his rap career.

This is the kind of crap I am talking about. JJ broke the bank and didn't leave squat on the table for the team but wants someone else to come and play for less when he didn't do the same. While Shaq's demands are ridiculous who is JJ to tell someone to take less than what they are seeking?? LOL

• Like 2

This is the kind of crap I am talking about. JJ broke the bank and didn't leave squat on the table for the team but wants someone else to come and play for less when he didn't do the same. While Shaq's demands are ridiculous who is JJ to tell someone to take less than what they are seeking?? LOL

:go ahead:

Good job Joe, now call CP3 and convince CP3 that he will resign which will make it okay for ASG to take Okafor.

His sour demeanor on the court apparently translates off the court.

Joe was going to max from NY and Chicago too. He didn't take less because money is his M.O. Always has been.