• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We WILL Regret It

Ruckus

And if I were Marvin, I don't know if I wouldn't be hoping to get traded to a team like Cleveland. At least there, he'll know that he's going to be getting the ball and a better chance to prove himself as a player.

For Andy sure but for Shaq is a hell no. I don't care about how big of a Shaq fan you are, this just doesn't make sense for us as a team. Shaq will sign for the MLE, he's just trying to get more money which isn't happening.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68171/20100715/knicks_have_preliminary_s&t_talks_on_shaq/

I truly believe we will regret it if we trade Marvin for Shaq (straight up). He isn't great at anything but it decent at many things. To rely on Shaq just for the 10 games a year that we have to play Orlando and LA - and give away are starting small forward to do it - is an iffy and desperate move at best. Marvin is the guy we rely on to guard Pierce, Kobe, Lebron, ect. and in my estimation he does a noble job. This can't be overlooked especially when our team has a small front court and PGs that get circles ran around them. Not saying we should keep him, just that we should get someone more serviceable than Shaq.

And for those of you who think the only reason we haven't signed/traded for Shaq is because he wants to go to a contender....think again. The Knicks are arguably the worst team in the league. So it must be something else, right? Management, grudge, money?

If we don't have a Dwight Howard stopper we will never be better than the Magic. Why can't people understand this?

What were saying is we don't have to trade Marvin to get Shaq! He will sign with Hawks since it's apparent no other team wants him. Absolutely no point in trading your 23yr old starting SF for Shaq when we don't need to.

Why would we regret it? Not saying i'm for the trade. But let's be real here.

Well......

Shaq is in no way a starter or should be playing starters mins on any team in the NBA.

Marvin would start on 90% of NBA teams.

Shaq is old and crusty.

Marvin is not.

Shaq brings drama.

Marvin does not.

Again, the debate is not whether or not we should trade Marvin- it is just that we should not for Shaq. Getting Shaq for a season or two is not going to make us better nor is it going to sway Horfords decision to resign.

Horford says he needs help with rebounding and defense. Bringing in Shaq who wants to play "a lot of minutes" will take away from Horford's developing offensive game, to me that would irritate him more than not. All last year a lot of people were saying we should run more, how is that gonna happen with Shaq. Phoenix and Cleveland had to change the game plan for Shaq.

People are only talking about bringing in Shaq to be a big body agains Dwight, what about the rest of the league...Shaq is horrible against the PnR, he isn't a great rebounder for his size, his presence changes the offense.

Shaq is on his retirement tour - he will not willingly come off the bench here is Atlanta, he isn't coming here for spot duty....Shaq's ego is too big for that.

I agree with the "let's get Shaq" crowd. Marvin Williams is an "adequete" player, but that seems to be his ceiling. Guys who are going to be "great" in this league are already much better than Marvin by this point in their careers. Like Horford, I think Marvin would make a great complimentary player on a much better team, but that is about all.

This team is not going anywhere as presently constructed. in my opinion. And no --- I'm not at all impressed with Miami and especially not with Bosh. The Hawks don't seem at all like the Pistons that won and contended every year until broken-up. And I personally love the idea of winning without superstar power like they did. That (what the Pistons did) "should" be what basketball is all about --- if you ask me. But this group doesn't seem to have the arrogance or self-confidence to do what the Pistons were able to do. They're road play seems like a major 'tell' to me.

That's why I say, "Let's have some fun in Atlanta for a change"! Let's finally get a guy that nobody can match-up with ---- regardless of who we're playing. It seems highly unlikely that the hawks are going to win a championship with this group by simply adding one or two role players. The nucleus itself seems too far away for such a lofty expectation. And management is very much at a disadvantage to other wealthier franchises. And the city doesn't give ownership much help in the way of support, either.

I'll watch every Hawks game regardless of who they put on the court, but it would make it much more fun for me personally if Shaq were on the team as opposed to Marvin ---if that were the choice that had to be made.

CS

You know what a big body like Shaq would do for Horford? It would keep Horford a lot more fresh at the end of games, because he wouldn't have to constantly bang against bigger centers anymore.

Horford would also benefit offensively, because he could assume an Amare Stoudemire like role, and be that 12 - 18 ft face up shooter that he's become very good at recently . . . instead of trying to force his post offense by backing people down.

Shaq may make Horford even more dangerous.

This is all about money. The owners have obviously given up on making a winner. They paid for Joe and seemed to think that was enough. They sold a draft pick for money. They picked the cheapest coach. They gave Chillz away for a salary exception and a throwaway pick. Trading Marvin for a part-time, over-the-hill bench player just saves more nickels. It's all about money. I don't know why I even care any more. Even though I know each year we won't do what it takes to make a winner, I always hope for a miracle.

Edited by Yeti