• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

No Pride at all!

Wurider05

Here we go again with this Shaq situation. When are these clowns going to get a sense of pride. It is pretty obvious that the demand for Shaq diesel isn't that high but he wants 8 million a season to play for us when teams he would take less from hadn't even made him a offer. Teams with capspace haven't even made him a offer. We should just drop the pursuit. As far a trading Marvin for him that is just plain stupid. The ASG have no sense of pride or self respect. That is why players/agents don't have any respect for our organization. Atlanta is one of the better cities in the country. Now if we were Utah, CLeveland, or Memphis I would understand having to overpay for talent. Remember when Dampier tried to break the bank with us. BK told him to go to hell.

• Like 1

maybe he has had other offers

"Future Hall-of-Famer Shaquille O’Neal has reportedly turned down offers from the Chicago Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers. The Knicks and Hawks have had discussions about acquiring O’Neal in a sign and trade.""

NBA Examiner

Edited by pimp

• Moderators

Remember when Dampier tried to break the bank with us. BK told him to go to hell.

We should do the same thing with Shaq that we did with Dampier - which was not to tell him to to go to hell.

With Dampier, we decided what he was worth, we made our contract offer, and he ultimately took a higher paying deal.

With Shaq, we should make our offer and he can take or leave it. While he is thinking about it, we will move forward with deals that make sense for our team. Since we can use the LLE, TPE, and sign minimum players without touching the MLE that shouldn't be a problem.

• Premium Member

Here we go again with this Shaq situation. When are these clowns going to get a sense of pride. It is pretty obvious that the demand for Shaq diesel isn't that high but he wants 8 million a season to play for us when teams he would take less from hadn't even made him a offer. Teams with capspace haven't even made him a offer. We should just drop the pursuit. As far a trading Marvin for him that is just plain stupid. The ASG have no sense of pride or self respect. That is why players/agents don't have any respect for our organization. Atlanta is one of the better cities in the country. Now if we were Utah, CLeveland, or Memphis I would understand having to overpay for talent. Remember when Dampier tried to break the bank with us. BK told him to go to hell.

I can't even put into words how much I agree with this. This has been the culture around the Hawks for I don't know how long. We need to turn THIS into the place to be. Teams should be wanting to take less to sign with US and if we're not at that point right now, make a road map to get there. Do what real teams do - make moves that make things happen.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Gave +1 to the posts that deserve it. I can't believe how many NBA players live in or around Atlanta and yet our ownership is incapable year in and year out of bringing any real talent here as a free agent.