• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There is another possibility that has not been explored.

Swatguy

Tracey McGrady

Let's discuss.

In his prime, I loved McGrady's game but what ails the Hawks he can not fix. What follows is the short list of our pitfalls.

-We lack a center that can compete with the top 5 or 6 centers in the league. Horford is getting amazing production given his size but he has limits.

-We have been too guard heavy in our previous approach expecting our guards to carry the offensive burden. With Bibby's decline in footspeed, this was a glaring weakness.

-Leadership - It has been coming in spurts from a few players but there has been a poorly defined pecking order among the players. Joe is obviously management's choice but the players have split leadership loyalties in a few directions.

-Our previous coaches could not gain the players' respect.

-Overly simplistic approach defensively and offensively which has allowed us to get taken apart in the playoffs by good coaches.

Unfortunately, McGrady doesn't answer any of those issues.

I'm just hoping that Mcgrady has sufficiently burned his bridges in Orlando. I really wouldn't want to see him there as a guy who can just lurk in the corners and bury teams who collapse in on Dwight.

Edited by spotatl

• Premium Member

I'm just hoping that Mcgrady has sufficiently burned his bridges in Orlando. I really wouldn't want to see him there as a guy who can just sit in the corners and bury teams who collapse in on Dwight.

keeping him from Orlando would be the only reason to get him here...With that said I doubt Orlando wants him since Vince is still in the mix. But even that may change if Orlando decides to keep JJR.

Edited by NineOhTheRino