• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Centers of the East.

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Miami - Big Z

Boston - Jermaine O'Neil

Hawks - 0

Shaq holds the key to the eastern conference playoffs. If we land Shaq then the east becomes complicated, if we do not sign Shaq then it is over come playoff time for the Hawks.

WHY?

Nobody in the East can guard Shaq in the low post. He may be old but he will give others fits on defense. Shaq is a space eater. Cleveland was not successful due to the fact that Lebron took over the offense and everyone else stands around and watches.

20 minutes of Shaq is GOLD to the Hawks.

This is the 4th summer in a row we have not added a decent free agent big.

We are gonna give Joe over 120 million and worry about the luxury tax to complete the roster?????

I cannot post the words of frustration I am feeling!

• Like 1

We are gonna give Joe over 120 million and worry about the luxury tax to complete the roster?????

I agree with that. It is very frustrating. It's like committing to do something really, really big, spending tons of money in pursuit of that, and then just stopping all of a sudden due to what amounts to nickels and dimes. I'd compare it to building a $20 million luxury yacht top of the line all the way across the board, making it all luxurious and beautiful and seaworthy as can be, and then just going *STOP* and leaving the fricken thing in dry-dock because you don't want to pony up the 20K to buy a proper anchor for it. It's dumb, but the ASG has never exactly been known for being super intelligent.

But they did very recently say they'd be willing to venture into luxury tax territory for the 'right player', whomever that might be (apparently not Shaq, and I can't really blame them there), so we'll see what happens. They very well may have just been talking crap, but hopefully not. For all their flaws, it would be nice if they would at least have the integrity to be straight-up with Hawks fans, or at the very least not lie to them and lead them on and give them a false sense of hope.

• Premium Member

Shaq had an offensive PER of 20.3 at center . . . and a defensive PER of 14.2

But he's a scrub now I guess.

Northcyde, you can't confront these guys with facts. They are the birthers... All they care about is Shaq's birth certificate.