• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"For his next act, Joe will try to recruit players to come to Atlanta"

MVP23

Yes. After he signed that hideous deal, Joe Johnson probably forget he played in the NBA. What a fraud this guy is. I know we had no cap, but he could have talked to management. HE can speak with Shaq, or Z or someone right? Wow. Just wow. We're not the Pacers.....but in 4 years, we will be the Clippers if we don't trade this guy away.

20 5 and 4. Looks like a max guy to me.

And yes I'm still pissed about it.

Edited by MVP23
  • Like 3

Really? 3 years ago we all loved Joe. 2 years ago we all loved year. It wasn't until last year when we started to critize him. This guy took every available penny leaving us in a bad spot, then his agent has the nerve and try to fool us as if Joe actually would take time our of his day to bring someone here. Nobody cares how much he can jump. We would be just as pissed if this was Josh, probably more so.

• Premium Member

Man forget all that. I'm so tired of everyone putting down Joe. If Joe had Josh's dunking ability all the fans would love him even if the rest of his game was the exact same.

+1

this city is all about flash over substance. Maybe Joe should go and get a giant Hawk tatted on his back. Something... anything to get this trendy ATL crowd on his team.

Get off the man's back! All he does is win games and we still dog him.

...and CP3 could jump his miniature a** off a cliff for all I care. What has he won? What makes him think he's too good to play here? Picking NY over Atlanta says everything we need to know about CP3

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 4

Really? 3 years ago we all loved Joe. 2 years ago we all loved year. It wasn't until last year when we started to critize him. This guy took every available penny leaving us in a bad spot, then his agent has the nerve and try to fool us as if Joe actually would take time our of his day to bring someone here. Nobody cares how much he can jump. We would be just as pissed if this was Josh, probably more so.

If JJ took the exact same deal as Lebron, we'd still be in the same situation in how much we'd have to spend in free agency/. You know that. So stop being silly.

The fact is that it is NOT the obligation of a team's star player to go out and recruit and sign players. It's the job of the dang front office. Why be mad at something that JJ's agent said, when you know good and damn well that the REAL problem is with ownership and the front office.

My God, MVP please quit posting these ridiculous threads. You have zero credibility and it's such a waste of time reading what you write.

The money that anyone on an NBA roster makes in this era is waaay beyond nauseating. Some of you guys seem to get a bit caught up in weighing the smell of one person's S**t versus another's -- a little bit too often.

"Jesters" should never live at a standard above the people they are entertaining. Something is out of what when this happens. It doesn't take some in-depth analysis to see that this is absurd. Or some "whatever the market will bear" argument -- based on some totally out-of-whack system or mindset.

An end-of-the-bench "entertainer" has NO business making more money in one year than the average WORKING American will ever make in a lifetime. That's not a "thinking thing". That's just plain common sense that doesn't need some ridiculous "spin" or further analysis.

Remember NASDAQ 5000 ? It ended too. Despite the constant Harvard-educated opinions that promoted that it was justified and would continue.

Let's keep it real..................... Let's talk about basketball!

CS

• Premium Member

But wait, the ASG would have a few more dollars under the luxury tax. We would definitely spend those, right? I mean, the ASG has said they would be willing to spend the MLE so that has to be true. The ASG would never lie to the fans or treat them poorly.

/sarcasm

Plus one. They flat out lied to Joe and the fans and the rest of the team when they said they would spend the MLE and go into the luxury tax.

Plus one. They flat out lied to Joe and the fans and the rest of the team when they said they would spend the MLE and go into the luxury tax.

And Joe was flat out dumb if he thought we'd be in a good financial situation if he took every penny available to him . . .

The money that anyone on an NBA roster makes in this era is waaay beyond nauseating. Some of you guys seem to get a bit caught up in weighing the smell of one person's S**t versus another's -- a little bit too often.

"Jesters" should never live at a standard above the people they are entertaining. Something is out of what when this happens. It doesn't take some in-depth analysis to see that this is absurd. Or some "whatever the market will bear" argument -- based on some totally out-of-whack system or mindset.

An end-of-the-bench "entertainer" has NO business making more money in one year than the average WORKING American will ever make in a lifetime. That's not a "thinking thing". That's just plain common sense that doesn't need some ridiculous "spin" or further analysis.

Remember NASDAQ 5000 ? It ended too. Despite the constant Harvard-educated opinions that promoted that it was justified and would continue.

Let's keep it real..................... Let's talk about basketball!

CS

The only problem with that train of thought is that there is a huge market for basketball and not that of everyday professions. I can't pick some random teacher, lawyer, chef and put his name on a shoe, jersey etc and expect it to sell. As long as that is the case, these guys will be at the top of the food chain. Unfortunately, Americans place a high premium on entertainment. More so than education, healthcare etc. That is a topic for another day though. Kids grow up admiring Kobe and Lebron. Not their fifth grade teacher. Its unfortunate but that's just the way it is.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

And Joe was flat out dumb if he thought we'd be in a good financial situation if he took every penny available to him . . .

That's not the concern. Joe is the most productive player we have. I think that if you want to talk financials, we need to look at the players we are paying who are not productive! Somehow, there should be a bar set. You are productive, you get paid. Right now, it would have been foolish to let Joe go for nothing. The ASG did good in resigning Joe so at the least, if we like, down the road, we can trade him for something. For that reason, I don't even think the resigning of Joe is an argument. NY, NJ or Chicago would have loved to signed Joe and replace us in the playoffs. They would have loved to replace us as a top 8 team in the league. They would have loved to have the media hype that they don't get. Instead, we resign our star to fans that boo, hiss, and moan???

Haven't you had any memories of the 13 win season? I remember, being a fan when we were nowhere near the playoffs and when April and May rolled in, basketball became about What pick in the draft will we get. You might want to go back to your draft lottery parties, but I'd rather be in the playoffs!

Let's get rid of the dead wood and become contenders!

• Like 1

Haven't you had any memories of the 13 win season? I remember, being a fan when we were nowhere near the playoffs and when April and May rolled in, basketball became about What pick in the draft will we get. You might want to go back to your draft lottery parties, but I'd rather be in the playoffs!

The team without Joe is still much better than that 13 win team . . .

• Premium Member

Yes. After he signed that hideous deal, Joe Johnson probably forget he played in the NBA. What a fraud this guy is. I know we had no cap, but he could have talked to management. HE can speak with Shaq, or Z or someone right? Wow. Just wow. We're not the Pacers.....but in 4 years, we will be the Clippers if we don't trade this guy away.

Who was asking a couple week ago about what a troll is? :magnifier:

I have only been on this forum since January and the only thread I have seen you make are troll threads and negative threads about JJ, not counting the hilarious one were you guaranteed Marvin would score 30 points. So seriously why the hell do you keep posting?

Edited by oldorder
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Moderators: Is this a record for most downrated post ever? As I type this, it's at -15.

Edited by niremetal