• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is CP3 worth it...

Guest Walter

CP3's WORTH  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Walter

Saying Horford is comparable to Okafor is horsesh**. I watched Okafor with Charlotte and NO numerous times. He was average to below average to awful on many nights. He struggles with the same type of players that Al does but he is much less talented and can not move to PF too nonathletic but too small for center. Not to mention, he gets paid like he is Brook Lopez, not like a improved Zaza in which he is. He puts up empty stats like Antoine Walker did for us and other teams while he was in the NBA. Quit looking at the stat sheet, Okafor is like Horford, lmfao. That's like looking at Antwan Jamison and Pau Gasol stats and saying that Jamison and Gasol are the same when clearly their not. In fact, Josh Smith PER is near Kobe's, but everyone and their mother knows who is the better player.

As I stated earlier, Horford has more potential with a playmaking PG since he is a PnR PF. Josh potential just depends on his role and not who's around him. He will never be a legit #1 option no matter who is surrounding him. He's a #2 who plays great overall defense and has a lot of game around the basket. He is a player to like but one I wouldn't love. A great piece to build around if your rebuilding like we did with Joe in 2005. Al is not such a great piece to build around but he is an excellent piece on a contender and an elite piece with a playmaking PG. As for Horford, there is a strong chance that Atlanta will sign him during the season like Rondo and LMA did.

Didn't mean to be an a** to you but this is fourth time I heard that comment and I had to reply. It's simply not true and I am warming to Josh a lot but not over Al.

Antwan Jamison and Gasol are not the same height and weight, IDENTICAL! Horford is more of a Pf than Okafor but I don't see how this helps in any comparison as to whether they should be paired in a front court TOGETHER over JS and Okafor. THAT is the argument and the blubber about Horford being the Jamison to Okafor's Gasol is just inane and besides the point.

W

Guest Walter

I'm not arguing Horford isn't more of a Pf or wouldn't be helped more by a Pg than Okafor, I'm arguing that Okafor and Horford are far more similar than JS and Okafor, indeed they ARE TOO SIMILAR to best play alongside each other.

The hogwash about Okafor having "bad nights" when he still averages better than Horford is a crazy red herring. Okafor MAY be less consistent. THAT I do not know, but HE AVERAGES AS CLOSE TO THE SAME AS HORFORD as another 6'10 250 "center" could. Moreover, Horford is going to make max money soon also. These guys are simply TOO MUCH ALIKE to decide to play them alongside each other OVER JS and Okafor.

W

I'm not arguing Horford isn't more of a Pf or wouldn't be helped more by a Pg than Okafor, I'm arguing that Okafor and Horford are far more similar than JS and Okafor, indeed they ARE TOO SIMILAR to best play alongside each other.

The hogwash about Okafor having "bad nights" when he still averages better than Horford is a crazy red herring. Okafor MAY be less consistent. THAT I do not know, but HE AVERAGES AS CLOSE TO THE SAME AS HORFORD as another 6'10 250 "center" could. Moreover, Horford is going to make max money soon also. These guys are simply TOO MUCH ALIKE to decide to play them alongside each other OVER JS and Okafor.

W

He scores a lot of empty stats. I watch the games, no need to tell me otherwise when I watch him play. The analogy was Horford(Gasol) to Okafor(Jamison) and that's giving too much love to Okafor because he is worst than that. He has always been a #2 or #3 option on offense till last season. Al finally became a #4 this season when Woody finally took Marvin and Flip's touches away and gave them to Al and Crawford. Woody liked Al a lot and his versatility but didn't utilize his offensive game because Smith higher w/ Woody chart and Crawford is a better scorer than Al as well.

They are not alike, but I do not want to start Okafor at Center w/ Smith or w/Al but that's for other reasons. I think he's a good 6th or 7th man off of the bench but not a starter. He is rotational, while Zaza is a backup. To get pass Orlando, we need a starter even if he's only solid like Shaq. I do not mind paying Horford his share and I do not know if he will sign for a crazy amount like that since we are trying to contend and he like Marvin is a team player.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Guest Walter

He scores a lot of empty stats. I watch the games, no need to tell me otherwise when I watch him play. The analogy was Horford(Gasol) to Okafor(Jamison) and that's giving too much love to Okafor because he is worst than that. He has always been a #2 or #3 option on offense till last season. Al finally became a #4 this season when Woody finally took Marvin and Flip's touches away and gave them to Al and Crawford. Woody liked Al a lot and his versatility but didn't utilize his offensive game because Smith higher w/ Woody chart and Crawford is a better scorer than Al as well.

They are not alike, but I do not want to start Okafor at Center w/ Smith or w/Al but that's for other reasons. I think he's a good 6th or 7th man off of the bench but not a starter. He is rotational, while Zaza is a backup. To get pass Orlando, we need a starter even if he's only solid like Shaq. I do not mind paying Horford his share and I do not know if he will sign for a crazy amount like that since we are trying to contend and he like Marvin is a team player.

When you have the chance to get Chris Paul at Pg at the cost of starting Okafor at center (and not at the cost of trading too much of your talent) you TAKE IT!

When you have the choice of playing a frontline with significantly > varying, skill sets with SIGNED players such as Okafor and JS you do so over a frontline of FAR more similar players, one of which is unsigned, in Okafor and Horford.

You are correct, Jamison and Gasol are not alike. How a 6'8 and 7'1" Pf are analogous to two 6'10", 250 lb "centers" with nearly identical PPG/RPG is beyond me.

I'm done, but if you can describe 10 players more like Horford statistically (12-14 PPG/9-11 RPG), physically ('6'10 250-260), and style-wise (I'll leave that up to you), go for it.

W