• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The big question in Atlanta...

Diesel

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Keeper and none.

• Premium Member

I think we trade Jamal this season unless we just can't get anything for him and i think we will trade Joe next season at the deadline. Of course a lock out will screw everything up.

I think we hold on to Jamal.

LD's offense is motion. I figure by the deadline, there will be a few teams who show interest in Joe. If Jamal is anywhere near 18 ppg, 4 apg then we just might move Joe for something else. Probably capspace, first rounders and bigs.

I say NY because I know D'Antoni would give his left arm for Joe. When you look at a NY trade, they have Gallanari, Curry, and Randolph.

IF the deal becomes:

Joe/Marvin

for

Gallanari, Curry, Turiaf, Randolph, and a 1st rounder no protection. Then as you can imagine, we'd be financially in a good place. That's us losing roughly 14 Million dollars and still having a 1st rounder for it.

We'd replace Joe with Jamal

and

Marvin with Gallanari/Randolph.

In a motion offense, it's good to have Sfs who can stroke it or post up.

I think we hold on to Jamal.

LD's offense is motion. I figure by the deadline, there will be a few teams who show interest in Joe. If Jamal is anywhere near 18 ppg, 4 apg then we just might move Joe for something else. Probably capspace, first rounders and bigs.

I say NY because I know D'Antoni would give his left arm for Joe. When you look at a NY trade, they have Gallanari, Curry, and Randolph.

IF the deal becomes:

Joe/Marvin

for

Gallanari, Curry, Turiaf, Randolph, and a 1st rounder no protection. Then as you can imagine, we'd be financially in a good place. That's us losing roughly 14 Million dollars and still having a 1st rounder for it.

We'd replace Joe with Jamal

and

Marvin with Gallanari/Randolph.

In a motion offense, it's good to have Sfs who can stroke it or post up.

Diesel, this is beyond awful. For one, you do not trade a top 12-15 player who is the 3-4 best SG in the NBA for clowns who will not ever reach his level. As for trading Marvin, that comes to no surprise since he's in 96% of your silly trades. This should be moved to trade ideas with the rest of your crappy trades ideas.

• Premium Member

Diesel, this is beyond awful. For one, you do not trade a top 12-15 player who is the 3-4 best SG in the NBA for clowns who will not ever reach his level. As for trading Marvin, that comes to no surprise since he's in 96% of your silly trades. This should be moved to trade ideas with the rest of your crappy trades ideas.

You're right... Marvin's contract is in most of my deals now.

What's the rule on paying a clown who is not worth 1/2 of what you're paying him over the next 4 years?

I would assume the rule is find a trade for them....

Surely you don't want to Koncak the Marvin contract out?

"Koncak" = to suffer needless and watch a good team go to waste while overpaying a guy who is not an impact player.

While I agree there may be other ways to trade Joe that will get us better players, my point is that we are going to have to rid this team of some of these contracts if we don't find some deep pockets.

That's why the Hawks need to decide which 2 or 3 players should make up the "core". If Horford signs a big money contract, that officially sets our core at JJ, Smoove, and Horford.

Every other contract is expendible.

Diesel, in the 5 years of ripping Marvin, you have proven to be right. You've said from the jump that he would be no more than a Derek McKey type player. That's pretty much been on the money.

He's not "completely garbage" like you state sometimes. But he's not an impactful player. That makes him exxpendible. He's not a "core" player, in my opinion.

As for Jamal, Jordan was drafted to assume Jamal's role off the bench, in the event that we lost JJ to free agency. So you'll have to believe that theory still reigns true concerning the potential departure of Jamal next season. If Jamal is brought back, it may be for a 3 yr / MLE level contract.

• Premium Member

That's why the Hawks need to decide which 2 or 3 players should make up the "core". If Horford signs a big money contract, that officially sets our core at JJ, Smoove, and Horford.

Every other contract is expendible.

Diesel, in the 5 years of ripping Marvin, you have proven to be right. You've said from the jump that he would be no more than a Derek McKey type player. That's pretty much been on the money.

He's not "completely garbage" like you state sometimes. But he's not an impactful player. That makes him exxpendible. He's not a "core" player, in my opinion.

As for Jamal, Jordan was drafted to assume Jamal's role off the bench, in the event that we lost JJ to free agency. So you'll have to believe that theory still reigns true concerning the potential departure of Jamal next season. If Jamal is brought back, it may be for a 3 yr / MLE level contract.

I believe that it's a possibility that we get rid of Jamal, but if you look at Jamal vs. Joe midseason and midseason, you can't really tell the difference, then Joe has to be traded and Jamal extended... It's as simple as that. That's a money/talent move. The question is, what can we get for Joe. I think that there are some teams that may give us exactly what we want.