• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Camping with Al Horford

pimp

• Premium Member

Good player but needs to lay off some of the chatter. I think I've heard/read more Horford quotes this offseason than all other Hawks combined.

• Premium Member

So you're complaining that we actually have a marketable Hawk?

There's a fine line between marketable and annoying. Chad and TO are marketable yet equally annoying. While Horford is not at that level he's approaching it with his numerous, "I need help" quotes this offseason.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

There's a fine line between marketable and annoying. Chad and TO are marketable yet equally annoying. While Horford is not at that level he's approaching it with his numerous, "I need help" quotes this offseason.

Bad take. We're hearing about Horf mostly because he's active in the offseason. We also heard about the MW camp. As for the I need a C comments, he's right and he's justified.

Last years playoff melt-down was in direct relation to p poor ownership which leads to p poor GMing, p poor coaching and the Hawks still being very weak at PG and C (PF Horf aside). I like that he comes out against this poor leadership and asks for the right things. He also expressed himself in a classy, respectful way.

I think your way off on calling him out.

I continue to be amazed at how weak the Hawks are at center when in fact they have one of the top 5-6 centers in the game today in Al Horford manning that position. I keep forgetting that Al isn't a center because he isn't 7'0" tall, and we all know that centers have to be 7'0" tall to actually be centers.

• Like 1

But, Horford does need help. Never once has Horford been hateful while talking to the press like TO or 85 have, Al isn't that type of person. He's a likable person with a great personality. We need someone vocal like this, because we all know Joe will not be that person.

Aaahhh. Horford isn't annoying. He's only speaking the truth, he does need help! I think he wants the Hawks to be contenders, just like us, and doesn't this board explode with we need another center?

• Premium Member

Aaahhh. Horford isn't annoying. He's only speaking the truth, he does need help! I think he wants the Hawks to be contenders, just like us, and doesn't this board explode with we need another center?

He's not exactly D. Hall but he does need to learn to keep things in house. I can't think of much good that comes from airing team business? I'm OK with JJ or Bibby calling guys out or making demands to the GM in the media but not Al. Al hasn't earned enough credibility in the locker room to be doing that stuff. I would advise him to stop trying to be a media darling and focus on leading by example instead.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

He's not exactly D. Hall but he does need to learn to keep things in house. I can't think of much good that comes from airing team business? I'm OK with JJ or Bibby calling guys out or making demands to the GM in the media but not Al. Al hasn't earned enough credibility in the locker room to be doing that stuff.

How would you know how much credibility Al has in the locker room, without being in the room yourself?

• Premium Member

How would you know how much credibility Al has in the locker room, without being in the room yourself?

Good question. I just can't see guys like Joe, Bibbs, or Smoove giving a flip about what Horford has to say. I really don't think Sund appreciates hearing Al second guess him through the media either.

NOTR, D. Hall? Come on bro. He shouldn't even be mention with D. Hall, ever.