• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford: ‘I am going to war with who I’ve got’

pimp

STOP!!!!

Exactly, what kind of Hawks fan would want Horford to sign elsewhere?? This is beyond something clinical, i think it's hereditary. The guy puts a negative spin on everything, it's uncommonly disturbing. It's not a day to day thing or week to week, it's year after year after year the same monotonous, sad tone, comments. I'm not on here that often but i can imagine the pain y'all go through with this character. My condolences. :helpsmilie:

Exactly, what kind of Hawks fan would want Horford to sign elsewhere?? This is beyond something clinical, i think it's hereditary. The guy puts a negative spin on everything, it's uncommonly disturbing. It's not a day to day thing or week to week, it's year after year after year the same monotonous, sad tone, comments. I'm not on here that often but i can imagine the pain y'all go through with this character. My condolences. :helpsmilie:

First of all, I was saying that if I was Al I wouldn't re-sign here. I would actually sign with a team that wants to battle for the big prize. Not one that settles for Jason Collins and Josh Powell. Al asked for legit help and he got a whale with two legs and a stiff in return. But management just assumes he'll accept the money regardless just like Cleveland probably though Lebron would just stay. The ownership CLEARLY doesn't listen to the players and they'll be really stuck when they lose one of these guys.

It's uncommonly disturbing to not be fickle about the team? If that's considering disturbing, I'm happy to be disturbing. This team has only won some games the last few years because they've had so many high draft picks. It's surely not because of making smart decisions.

I'm sick of being negative about this team, but that will change they start doing things correctly. This team went through 8 years of crappy play. In order to reach a payoff the ownership has to do better. And until they do this team will be getting owned into the playoffs until they fall off and end up right back a square one.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

"I am going to war with who I've got!"

~General Custer, 1876

LOL lw3.....epic post

Note: Most everybody has seen this as a sign that A.H. is a warrior...which I'm sure he is....but it also signals a sign of a frustrated warrior IMO.

(almost like a "F-it" - I'm a pro - I'll do the best I can for these moron owners)

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

And still. No one can actually put into words what (exactly) Al Horford is so great "at." Why the unconditional love? What is so great about his game to deserve this love that he seems to attract on all Hawks-related forums? And don't tell me because he was an "all-star". That is a silly exhibition game that should not even be discussed in a serious forum. Along with the selection process, for that matter. One of those ----- the more they talk about it on TV and in the press---the more this forum believes it credible and falls "sucker" to their pitch--kinda' things.

I stiil want someone to step up and answer the initial question. My opinion is that the love comes from the fact that Horford doesn't take bad shots, make juvenile faces at the refs or attempt to play outside of his abilities. Notice that I didn't mention anything that should garner such love. Just stuff that should be expected of him. This doesn't make him a player that is untradeable or one to "build around", imo.

CS

• Like 1

And still. No one can actually put into words what (exactly) Al Horford is so great "at." Why the unconditional love? What is so great about his game to deserve this love that he seems to attract on all Hawks-related forums? And don't tell me because he was an "all-star". That is a silly exhibition game that should not even be discussed in a serious forum. Along with the selection process, for that matter. One of those ----- the more they talk about it on TV and in the press---the more this forum believes it credible and falls "sucker" to their pitch--kinda' things.

I stiil want someone to step up and answer the initial question. My opinion is that the love comes from the fact that Horford doesn't take bad shots, make juvenile faces at the refs or attempt to play outside of his abilities. Notice that I didn't mention anything that should garner such love. Just stuff that should be expected of him. This doesn't make him a player that is untradeable or one to "build around", imo.

CS

This ^^

CS

He's one of the best mid-range shooting bigs in the league. A pretty quick big that gets up and down the court. Our best rebounder battling bigger players night in night out for boards. A solid passer out of the center position. He just does everything without being the headcase that Josh Smith is. Not to mention all of those things you mentioned are indicative of a great teammate and leader.

• Like 2

Al should resign, he a key part and Atlanta will be a trade deadline team anyway, especially if Melo or CP3 is on the market.

He's one of the best mid-range shooting bigs in the league. A pretty quick big that gets up and down the court. Our best rebounder battling bigger players night in night out for boards. A solid passer out of the center position. He just does everything without being the headcase that Josh Smith is. Not to mention all of those things you mentioned are indicative of a great teammate and leader.

He's the best midrange shooter, period, and I'll add that he shows his versatility by being the only player on the team capable of guarding PGs.....That's right, our Center was the best at guarding PGs. In addition to that, despite being mostly the 4th option on offense he is the most efficient player on the team and the squad runs far smoother with him in the lineup as evidenced by plenty of metrics.

• Like 1

He's the best midrange shooter, period, and I'll add that he shows his versatility by being the only player on the team capable of guarding PGs.....That's right, our Center was the best at guarding PGs. In addition to that, despite being mostly the 4th option on offense he is the most efficient player on the team and the squad runs far smoother with him in the lineup as evidenced by plenty of metrics.

"He's the best midrange shooter, period". Oh, he's Tim Duncan now?

I saw him guarding Brandon Jennings.

Give me a break. He shoots very very well un guarded. Which is most of his shots. He struggles while guarded to get off his shot because he has short arms.

Now I don't expect him to take the Joe Johnson route. Joe doesn't have the same drive as Al. Joe took the money and stayed in a team short of contention. I expect Al to go to a team that clearly wants to win it all. If Sund and co. are not careful, we may have a team in 2011 without Jamal and Al. Those are the true leaders on this team.

"He's the best midrange shooter, period". Oh, he's Tim Duncan now?

I saw him guarding Brandon Jennings.

Give me a break. He shoots very very well un guarded. Which is most of his shots. He struggles while guarded to get off his shot because he has short arms.

Now I don't expect him to take the Joe Johnson route. Joe doesn't have the same drive as Al. Joe took the money and stayed in a team short of contention. I expect Al to go to a team that clearly wants to win it all. If Sund and co. are not careful, we may have a team in 2011 without Jamal and Al. Those are the true leaders on this team.

You're around the board a lot, Swat, I'm sure you didn't miss the widely reported news of Al hitting 48% on his 16-18 footers (Duncan shot 43% on those btw)

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

You're around the board a lot, Swat, I'm sure you didn't miss the widely reported news of Al hitting 48% on his 16-18 footers (Duncan shot 43% on those btw)

Sure it is a very good percentage. But don't be twisted. Al's shots are not Timmy's shots. Duncan is a focus and is contented when he shoots. Al shoots a lot of his "16-18ft" shots open. Al struggles mightily in the paint. He is a very good player, not great. He is not on Duncan's level offensively or defensively.

Right, so now we've gone from listing Al's qualities and how they are valuable to the team to arguing that he does not have all the qualities of one of the greatest bigmen in NBA history..... Oh right you are good sir, if that's the argument then there really is no argument, matter of fact, no one is valuable to the team because not one of them is Tim Duncan.

Right, so now we've gone from listing Al's qualities and how they are valuable to the team to arguing that he does not have all the qualities of one of the greatest bigmen in NBA history..... Oh right you are good sir, if that's the argument then there really is no argument, matter of fact, no one is valuable to the team because not one of them is Tim Duncan.

Who said "He's the best midrange shooter, period" (Al)?

I'll remind you, I didn't. You did. He is a good-very good player. That All-Star selection and his pedigree lends most to believe he has arrived. He may in time but not yet. That's all.