• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Joe Beat Kobe one on one? Lebron?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Kobe has laid down the word by saying that 1 on 1 he would beat Lebron because at his core, he's a 1 on 1 player and Lebron is not. Can Joe beat Kobe 1 on 1? How about Joe vs. Lebron? How about Joe vs. Wade?

I give Joe and even chance against all those guys. He's big enough to post up Kobe and has a height advantage on Wade. Lebron is tough though. He can do almost everything Joe can do better than Joe save shoot outside. But, he is big enough to recover and challenge any fade or straight up jumper Joe shoots. I think in order of finish I'd go

Lebron

JJ

Kobe

Wade

Interesting hypothetical question. I think Kobe would beat everyone. He can do anything offensively, and no one can quard him one-on-one.

JJ vs. LeBron would be interesting. I think JJ would beat LeBron if there we're rules in place...such as you only get 6 dribbles to try and create your score. My highschool coach had this rule, one, to speed the game up, and two, so bigger guys couldn't just turn around and back guys down while pounding the ball. JJ has had so mauch practice playing one-on-one that he is able to create for himself and/or just pull and shoot over people. If LeBron wasn't allowed to take JJ down low everytime, I think JJ would beat him.

• Premium Member

My one on one rankings go like this:

1. Kobe

2. Wade

3. Joe

4. Lebron.

The question is: Who's reffing?

Back to the answer:

I think Kobe is the most competitive of them all. Moreover, Kobe plays 1 on 5 most of the tme. You have to be a helluva 1 on 1 player to put up 81 points in today's game.

I think Wade is close second. Mainly because Wade has the ability to take you outside or drive on you.

I have Joe Third because: a. He's bigger than he looks. b. He plays a mean post up game. c. He can shoot from range.

I have Lebron last because when you look in his toolbox, he doesn't have a lot of 1 on 1 skills. He looks good on paper becuase it's a team game, but take the team away and all he can hope to do is overpower his man. He doesn't shoot well from range (guarded) and his lack of 1 on 1 skills is the reason why they were bounced from the playoffs.