• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hearing Rumors that Roy Hibbert is available!.....Hawks need to get on it!

JTB

So Im not completely sure if Roy is avalible or not but let me inform you on why these rumors seem to be legit........

I'm doing my daily routine as far as reading up on whats going on with the ATL Hawks and Falcons as well as the leagues as a whole. anyhow i was reading the "Atlanta Hawks: The continuing education of Jordan Crawford" article on ajc. then i decieded to read the comments made under it and there i saw a rumor that 7'2 center from the pacers is a option. Michael C. from the ajc did respond to it saying he hasnt heard any rumors but of course just cause MC hasnt heard anything means nothing! ........If we could make a trade to the pacers for Roy Hibbert that would be great cause in my book that would be our TRUE CENTER we have all been wanting!

ATL your thoughts? Do you like Hibbert? Would you trade for him?

by the way here's the link (remember to read the comments below where they mention Roy as a possiblity for us......personally Im hoping this is true!!!!)

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/10/05/atlanta-hawks-the-continuing-education-of-jordan-crawford/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

Edited by JTB

actually now coming across it a blogger by the name of Jason says he has heard or read rumors from other blogs that hibbert is either avalible or im guessing that we are after him! not sure which!

From jason

October 5th, 2010

6:59 pm

MC is it true that we are getting roy hibbert?

hearing some rumors on other blogs

From Michael Cunningham

October 5th, 2010

8:36 pm

@ jason: “MC is it true that we are getting roy hibbert? hearing some rumors on other blogs”

haven’t heard that. i saw the Pacers picked up his option the other day.

(MC does say the pacers picked up his option but again im not fully believeing that....but thats me)

Indiana has 17 players under contract and are interested in a 2 for 1 trade to help them get under the roster limit.

Rumors are that Indiana would prefer to trade 1 of their many wings.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69436/20101006/pacers_open_to_trading_wing_player/

Indiana did pick up his contract option year

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69358/20100930/pacers_to_pick_up_hibberts_11_12_option_unsure_on_rush/

Hibbert has been working with Bill Walton to help improve his game and his body fat down to 10%

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69032/20100908/hibbert_down_to_10_percent_body_fat/

I remember an article coming out earlier about Larry Bird approaching Hibbert saying he could get either McHale or Walton to work with him this off season if he was agreeable to it. He seems to be working hard. I can't imagine why they would trade him. Unlike Bynum and Oden this is a young 7 footer who is not injury prone.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

There would be no reason to offer a hint about "a 7'2" center from the Pacers" when there is only one such center on Indy's roster.

The player they'd much rather move is Tyler Hansbrough, whose vertigo issues has limited his practice time and thereby shortened O'Brien's patience. More likely they want a PF and would be interested in moving some combo of Foster/McRoberts/Solo, Rush/Dahntay, Ford/Stephenson, and Dunleavy/Posey.

~lw3

• Moderators

The coach is getting mad at a player for Vertigo? Really?

Pretty much. But not so much "mad" as "frustrated," given that Tyler was to be, by now, the best steady option they could throw out there at PF (sorry, Solo), and given O'Brien knows he needs all the help he can get to avoid the hot seat this year. At this point, O'Brien would just as well settle for Detective Scottie Ferguson if he could play...

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=201010040321

The Indiana Pacers had an injury-free first week of training camp.

But fans might want to place an asterisk next to Tyler Hansbrough's name. He practiced, but it came with limitations.

The vertigo-plagued power forward did not take part in the daily five-on-five scrimmages.

Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said Hansbrough falls further behind the longer he's held out of scrimmages. He hopes the second-year forward's limitations will be lifted this week.

"He was behind coming in because he didn't have a training camp last year, then he missed most of the season, and the more times he misses five-on-five, the further behind he gets," O'Brien said. "There's no way of sugar-coating it. He'll start to catch up once he's able to go in every drill we do."

A shin injury sidelined Hansbrough in training camp last year. He was limited to just 29 games last season because of vertigo.

With Hansbrough's relative inaction, Josh McRoberts has taken a big lead for the starting spot.

~lw3

I can say, with absolute certainty, that the Pacers have zero interest in moving Roy Hibbert. I'm a Pacer fan from Indy that recently joined here to discuss some trade ideas. Roy is doing more right now to become the face of the franchise over Danny and is a PR dream. If the Pacers FO did trade him, the fans would burn Conseco Fieldhouse to the ground. Roy, Danny, and Collison are all untouchable (and probably Paul George). Those players form the core of what we're trying to build. It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever to trade any of those players. Even Tyler Hansbrough isn't on the market. Jim and Larry were both high on him before his injury, and he has no trade value because of the question marks about his health. Either way, the Pacers front office will have no interest in moving him. He's also making great strides in coming back from his injury, having just been cleared for full contact for the first time.

The roster going into the season is only 16, not 17. We signed Lance Allred to an unguaranteed contract for training camp because we needed another body. We either need to do a 2 for 1 trade or cut someone from the roster to get to 15. The players we'd be interested in moving are Dahntay Jones, TJ Ford and Solomon Jones, and Dunleavy if the right deal came along. If we can't pull off a trade we like, expect to see Solomon Jones get cut.

McRoberts figures into the teams longterm plans, as does Stephenson, and the only way Foster is involved in a trade is if it lands us a serviceable PF/C. Rush is questionable because of his inconsistency and recent drug issue, but Bird has said in the past that he'd hate to give up on him too soon, though he could be moved for the right deal.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can say, with absolute certainty, that the Pacers have zero interest in moving Roy Hibbert. I'm a Pacer fan from Indy that recently joined here to discuss some trade ideas. Roy is doing more right now to become the face of the franchise over Danny and is a PR dream. If the Pacers FO did trade him, the fans would burn Conseco Fieldhouse to the ground. Roy, Danny, and Collison are all untouchable (and probably Paul George). Those players form the core of what we're trying to build. It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever to trade any of those players. Even Tyler Hansbrough isn't on the market. Jim and Larry were both high on him before his injury, and he has no trade value because of the question marks about his health. Either way, the Pacers front office will have no interest in moving him. He's also making great strides in coming back from his injury, having just been cleared for full contact for the first time.

The roster going into the season is only 16, not 17. We signed Lance Allred to an unguaranteed contract for training camp because we needed another body. We either need to do a 2 for 1 trade or cut someone from the roster to get to 15. The players we'd be interested in moving are Dahntay Jones, TJ Ford and Solomon Jones, and Dunleavy if the right deal came along. If we can't pull off a trade we like, expect to see Solomon Jones get cut.

McRoberts figures into the teams longterm plans, as does Stephenson, and the only way Foster is involved in a trade is if it lands us a serviceable PF/C. Rush is questionable because of his inconsistency and recent drug issue, but Bird has said in the past that he'd hate to give up on him too soon, though he could be moved for the right deal.

Thanks for your insights Kautsky! (that's the old NBL team name, right?)

~lw3

• Moderators

Despite my not being a big fan of Hibbert's (ever see his piss poor rebounding numbers at Georgetown?), there is no way the Pacers give him up without getting something more substantial than we would be wiling to offer in return. If he can be a quality big man, that is a chance worth taking for them for a pretty low cost.

Thanks for your insights Kautsky! (that's the old NBL team name, right?)

~lw3

No problem.

And you're correct about the name. The Indianapolis Kautskys began as an amateur team in the 30s before joining the NBL. When the NBL and NAA merged to form the NBA, they made the jump to the NBA as the Indianapolis Jets but folded after a single season.