• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Fire LD!

JackB1

• Premium Member
Defense is what is going to carry us through the season. I’m not concerned about what we do offensively. The focus of the preseason is going to be defense. We are going to look at numbers like [defensive] field-goal percentage and the whole defensive realm.

That is what is going to take us to another level. We have the athleticism, size, speed, and quickness to be a top-echelon defensive team.

I hate to do this but Woody was killed for making a similar quote. LD may want to watch what he says in the future

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Its a little troubling when Drew says we are going to concentrate on DEFENSE in the preseason and the we go and give up 40 points in one quarter to the Grizzlies.

I read where Drew's plan was to only play the starters for the fist half. I wonder who was on the court for the Hawks in that 40 point, 3rd quarter and if any starters were still playing for the Grizz.

If the Grizz starters ran our bench out of the gym I would not care too much (Given our bench had know Jamal Crawford or Mo Evans in uniform).

<br />Yup.  You could even remove "good" from that sentence and still have a valid point.<br />
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />Actually, you could also remove &quot;offensive&quot; from that sentence and still have a valid point.   Edited by jerrywest

Read the article about MV and have to agree. I think most of the team (except JJ?) will benefit from a plan.

I think JJ will benefit as well. His numbers may not be as high but I think he can improve his percentages and become a more efficient offensive player.

• Moderators

I read where Drew's plan was to only play the starters for the fist half. I wonder who was on the court for the Hawks in that 40 point, 3rd quarter and if any starters were still playing for the Grizz.

If the Grizz starters ran our bench out of the gym I would not care too much (Given our bench had know Jamal Crawford or Mo Evans in uniform).

It was literally all reserves for the Hawks when the bottom fell out, Marvin was out there a lot with Teague, Crawford, Powell, I think Collins at first then Etan later. Smoove came in to help stop the bleeding only to wind up bleeding himself and heading to the locker room. Gay and Conley were primarily helped out by Acie, Tony Allen, Thabeet, and Sam Young.

~lw3

• Moderators

Its a little troubling when Drew says we are going to concentrate on DEFENSE in the preseason and the we go and give up 40 points in one quarter to the Grizzlies.

I'd argue that the Defense showed its capacities among the starters in the first quarter when the Grizz were held to 11 points. As LD alluded to in the postgame comments, the backups and new players have quite a bit further to go, and must play better defense in transition, particularly since we can expect more turnovers on the offensive end this season.

~lw3

Al was never out there, josh was for about half the quarter, joe for about half, bibby for about 2/3, marvin about 1/3

And also the fact that the Grizz had one of the most efficient starting lineups in the league last year...the problem with them was their horrible bench, so if that was the case with their starters running our bench out the gym then I'm fine by that

Nothing will ever touch Fire Woody He's No Goody!

Speaking of which did you guys see ole' Woody on NBA TV last night?

It was kind of awkward when they showed the Hawks highlights. And he really didn't talk much at all. Then it's like they did a re-do of all the games and he started to feel more comfortable and actually started contributing

Edited by BusBoyIsBack