• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What would Woodson think?

frosgrim

The quote was to reflect what Woody was thinking about the game. For any of you who think Woody would be questioning what he did with the Hawks, haven't watched him over the past 6 years. Woody was borderline arrogant in the belief of what he was doing, worked.

That is the truth, and it landed him unemployed.

It really is a shame that Woodson obviously didn't listen to Drew's ideas about offense. The team could have been more dynamic over the past few years with Drew's approach. Yes, it is one game, but it is clear that this motion offense has a lot of potential. Much more so than the heavy iso game Woodson desired.

• Moderators

That is the truth, and it landed him unemployed.

It really is a shame that Woodson obviously didn't listen to Drew's ideas about offense. The team could have been more dynamic over the past few years with Drew's approach. Yes, it is one game, but it is clear that this motion offense has a lot of potential. Much more so than the heavy iso game Woodson desired.

I agree with that as far as it applies to the playoffs. I don't think a motion offense would have moved the needle for our regular season success last year.

But I guess people forget that we scored 120 points in the season opener vs Indiana last year, then turned around and throttled Arenas and Washington.

I enjoyed the 119-104 win more than the 120-109 win. Our starters only played 132 minutes compared to 170 last year.

High5 . . if you remember the Indiana game last year, the bench played like crap. Woody did the same thing Drew did, and played the 2nd unit together, and they played like crap.

So he did what most coaches would've done . . . play the people who win games.

I think Drew's offense definitely helps guys like JJ, Marvin, Bibby and Horford. It'll hurt Josh initially, because he can't shoot. Jamal is the new ISO guy, because he wants to dribble more than pass or even shoot. As for the rest of the bench, we'll see how the season goes.

But they looked great on Wednesday night, no doubt about that. Just don't blame Drew, if the bench doesn't come close to playing like that ever again.