• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our owners are super loyal, almost to a fault

NJHAWK

Our owners just gave JJ a contract nobody ever thought they would. Theygave fat deals to Marv, ZaZa and Bibby. You really think they are going to ship Smoove off and take a low salary player or draft picks in return just because they gave Al and extension? They may not resign JCraw if his salary demands are too high but thats as far as it will go. Smoove and Al have played together for over 3 seasons now so why would team management all of a sudden feel they cant play together just because Al got a contract? Some of you guys make me :laughing5:

• Premium Member

There's only one person posting them and it's borderline spamming. How can anyone who is a fan of this team want Smoove off the team? Do they have any idea what that would do to the team defensively? I'm just glad the owners are actual fans of the Hawks and know better.

Our owners just gave JJ a contract nobody ever thought they would. Theygave fat deals to Marv, ZaZa and Bibby. You really think they are going to ship Smoove off and take a low salary player or draft picks in return just because they gave Al and extension? They may not resign JCraw if his salary demands are too high but thats as far as it will go. Smoove and Al have played together for over 3 seasons now so why would team management all of a sudden feel they cant play together just because Al got a contract? Some of you guys make me :laughing5:

I agree, 100%, and I have made such comments. In addition to keeping the core together, we've improved, all that jazz. For the sake of the thread, I'll assume devil's advocate. It was a no brainer locking up Horf. Not only a solid double double, but ASG is just following the footsteps, like you mentioned, giving Marv, Smoove, JJ, Zaza, Bibby contracts. But, maybe for the sake of money, or realizing we do need that true center to finally get over the hump, our biggest bargaining chip is Smoove. I can somewhat understand that rationale, just slide Horf to his natural position. But true centers are so hard to find these days, especially ones that need to slow down D. Howard, that it makes it nearly impossible to perform a trade in which Atlanta gets as much talent in return for J Smoove.

agree......Im mad that this rumor has even started!