• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Horford on 680 this morning

coachx

On 680 this morning:

Rude asked Horford if he saw John Wall do some dance on the court last night. It was called "The Grumpy"....or something like that.

Horford just went: "Huh !" He didn't have a clue what they were talking about and neither did I.

The DJ's said: "We love you for not knowing what that is !" Then Perry told him it was a some dance the kids are doing.

Horford went on to say: "How old is Wall anyway ? Like 15 maybe. Him and his little kid dances. I don't keep up with that stuff."

Perry then said: " Maybe Wall will do that in front of KG, in Boston, and get laid out."

Horford didn't bite and just said: "Maybe."

Edited by coachx

I agree leave the guy alone and let him do his thing. I'm sure that the fans there loved it and it looks a lot more interesting than Lebron and his douchey pre-game powder toss move!

Now, I don't have a damn clue what "The Dougie" is but a quick Google search uncovered Wall doing his dance ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pry6Cp0kSO0

yeah the Dougie. If you have teenagers or know teenagers then you know it. And what's with the old guys bothering him because he did a dance? Let him be.

He just does it for attention.........they are simplying giving him the attention that he wants. It was the "light hearted" question in the interview after they talked about injuries, playing back to back games, team chemistry, etc.

• Moderators

Like KG would do anything about.

That was my post on another thread citing the same quote. When was the last time KG did anything to anyone tough or high profile? Wouldn't it be the first time?

• Moderators

My thoughts exactly.

The paper tiger.

If you are Dwight Howard, Lebron James, Zaza Pachulia, etc. then KG either won't mess with you or will turn tail and run.

If you are a skinny scrub like 215 pound (6'11'') Rick Rickert or a slow PG like Jose Calderon, though, watch out! KG is coming for you!

If you are Dwight Howard, Lebron James, Zaza Pachulia, etc. then KG either won't mess with you or will turn tail and run.

If you are a skinny scrub like 215 pound (6'11'') Rick Rickert or a slow PG like Jose Calderon, though, watch out! KG is coming for you!

Good point, Ive never seem him try Smoove or Al Horford like that. He will pick on somebody weak like Charlie V in a second though.

• Premium Member

Not like he did it during a game... not like he was showing anyone up. My only problem with it, if you can call it that, is that now there will be others who feel they have license to copy or try to top his act... thus taking more time before the main event gets going.

Not like he did it during a game... not like he was showing anyone up. My only problem with it, if you can call it that, is that now there will be others who feel they have license to copy or try to top his act... thus taking more time before the main event gets going.

Are you referring to a later start time or just a longer duration? Seems to me those are different, the start times could be the same but there is just more to sit through if you are at the arena.

If Wall did that in Atlanta, and he was a Hawk, people would absolutely love it. That dude is the new face of that franchise. If he wanted to dance for 2 minutes for his home crowd, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Part of the appeal of the NBA, is the entertainment and personalities of the players.

Instead of worrying about Wall, maybe the ATL talk show personalities need to be worrying about how to get more fans to weeknight home games. Maybe if Horford was dancing, we could get more than 8,000 live bodies to the Pistons game.

• Like 1