• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AJC article by MC on injuries and Drew's reaction to them

coachx

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/11/04/atlanta-hawks-drew-faces-dilemma-with-marvin-and-mo-out/

Jamal (toe) will be on the team flight today but he’s questionable. Even if he plays, L.D. said he’s leaning against putting him in the starting lineup.

“Him off the bench just gives us such a weapon,” he said. ” If I don’t have to disrupt that, I don’t want to.”

So what are his options with the starting lineup?

“I am looking at different things. I am looking at Minnesota and because they have such a big lineup with Beasley, Milicic and Love, I may have to go bigger at the three. If Jamal is at the two, and Joe is at the three, then Joe has to guard Beasley, and I don’t want that.”

Translation: The likely starting lineup will be Bibby, Joe, Smoove, Al and Zaza.

There is more in the article but I didn't want to paste it all. Everyone should click the link to give MC some traffic to his Hawks article.............Speaking of Beasley in the article.....is he healthy ? I saw where he was helped off the floor the other night.

I hope they rest Crawford rather then rush him back.

Edited by coachx

He hurt his hip at Miami but I'm not sure how serious Beasley's injury is. Either way I hope he sits because he's been Josh's nemesis for some time now. I can't remember many games that he's failed to drop 22+ points on us. Either way, Minny starts two PFs at the 3-4 so it makes sense for us to do the same against them.

Seems like the "big" lineup is what they played late against Detroit and it seemed to work. I don't know how long it will last, but so far ZaZa is the most improved Hawk, and the guards are looking for and finding him. He seems to be going to the basket a lot better than in the past.

I will be interested to see how the big lineup holds up until Marvin gets back. I don't think JC 1 is going to be healthy for a good part of the season, so him moving to the starters role is probably not a real option at least until January when that toe gets better.

Interesting bit in the comments section ...

@Swatguy: "MC, what is the status of Pape Sy? Has he been released to work? If so, is he a consideration for minutes at the 3 or at least suit up?" MC - "he has not been cleared. he did some light shooting after practice today. LD says he's not suited for the 3."

How the heck is Sy not suited for the 3? I mean I realize that he has pretty good ball handling skills but he seems to have enough size (6'7 225) to play the 3, right?

@doc: “MC now tell me why we got this pape sy guy, was it or overfill the one that was the strongest to fill out our weakest roster position? couldnt the money and time been spent better on a more traditional piece to add to the roster? have you asked LD why he was the man and what he is to do if he ever gets healthy? where does he project this guy anyway. if it was to be the two then why not stackhouse or similar ilk?” lots of questions here but let me take a shot: they got Pape as a long-term project. they could have spent the money on a more traditional piece but they also have to develop young guys in case this “core” thing doesn’t work out. each time i ask LD about Pape, he doesn’t have any info. LD projects him to be a point guard but, again, i don’t think they are expecting much out of Pape this year (although i’ve got to think they would expect he can practice at least).

I don't expect much out of him either but I would think he could play some SF with his size but I guess LD doesn't think that will be the case.

Dol . . the most baffling thing about the Pape Sy thing, is that we actually had to buy out that dude's contract to even bring him here.

And if he's not "suited to play the 3", why in the world would we bring him over this year? We have a team full of 2-guards, so is Sy another 2-guard?

I think Drew sees him more as a PG, which is even more baffling as to why we brought Sy over this year.

So our true position chart looks like this?

PG: Bibby, Teague, Sy

G: JJ, Jamal, Jordan, Mo

SF: Marvin

????