• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Too much talk about our centers

terrellgroup

I see a lot of topics about the Hawks centers. In my opinion these guys are getting it done. Atlanta is missing two main components that would make them a final contender. First, the Hawks badly needs a point guard that penetrates. JT is simply not performing. JT plays scared, he looks confused out there and Bibby simply can't do it any longer/

spend the money and go get a fast 6'2" , defensive point guard that can handle the rock and who is field general.

Example Jarrad Jack

Next: get rid of Mo Evans , he too small as a small forward and his knees are BAD. Marvin is WEAK , go and get Al Thorton from Washington. ASG should count Marvin contract as a lost. Take Marvin as a learning experience and NEVER draft a second spring guy in the first round(DUMB).

ASG spend the money NOW go get a point guard and small forward. We have a good coach, a good system that works and the shooting guards , power forwards and centers(all of them even Collins) are playing extreme well.

I see a lot of topics about the Hawks centers. In my opinion these guys are getting it done. Atlanta is missing two main components that would make them a final contender. First, the Hawks badly needs a point guard that penetrates. JT is simply not performing. JT plays scared, he looks confused out there and Bibby simply can't do it any longer/

spend the money and go get a fast 6'2" , defensive point guard that can handle the rock and who is field general.

Example Jarrad Jack

Next: get rid of Mo Evans , he too small as a small forward and his knees are BAD. Marvin is WEAK , go and get Al Thorton from Washington. ASG should count Marvin contract as a lost. Take Marvin as a learning experience and NEVER draft a second spring guy in the first round(DUMB).

ASG spend the money NOW go get a point guard and small forward. We have a good coach, a good system that works and the shooting guards , power forwards and centers(all of them even Collins) are playing extreme well.

I second you on Jarrett Jack - however he is not exceptionally quick. He's solid defensively due to his size and strength. I also think Ray Felton would be a good fit. Both guys are good chemistry/locker room guys. Felton especially would pair well with Bibby backing him up, giving a speed and penetrating option, and a defensive answer to the quick point guards (Rondo).

I have no idea if the Knicks would be interested, but they are still in full-on rebuilding mode. There has been chatter than Felton might not be the best fit for D'Antoni. If they wanted Crawford as an expirer, it might work. With Melo possibly on the way, they might want to get farther under the cap next year, and the only way would be to move Felton (who's actually signed to a reasonable deal at $7.5M per over the next 2 years).

Maybe we could make use of our Childress trade exception. I think Teague and a 1st for Jack would work, when you include the trade exception. Could also make sense to the Raptors to build with a younger, cheaper player, and grab a draft pick asset. However, this would push us into the luxury tax I think - an expensive deal.

Maybe we could make use of our Childress trade exception. I think Teague and a 1st for Jack would work, when you include the trade exception. Could also make sense to the Raptors to build with a younger, cheaper player, and grab a draft pick asset. However, this would push us into the luxury tax I think - an expensive deal.

Can't combine the TPE with a player to make the amount bigger. We would have to find a player that fits the TPE by itself.

I'm telling you guys, I still think it comes down to making good decisions on the court.

We shouldve beaten the magic but we don't play smart basketball the whole game. I go back to Jamal chucking that terrible shot, one, when he didn't have a shot, two. When no one was under the basket.

Then Howard was in foul trouble and we don't go at him. Go inside to horf, d12 wasn't going to risk fouling out.

We are an elite team like the lakers yet because of our mental look of the in game situations and how we handle them.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm telling you guys, I still think it comes down to making good decisions on the court.

We shouldve beaten the magic but we don't play smart basketball the whole game. I go back to Jamal chucking that terrible shot, one, when he didn't have a shot, two. When no one was under the basket.

Then Howard was in foul trouble and we don't go at him. Go inside to horf, d12 wasn't going to risk fouling out.

We are an elite team like the lakers yet because of our mental look of the in game situations and how we handle them.

+1