• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks / Bucks game

coachx

Well the best thing about the game is that it will be the 2nd of back to backs and a road game for the Bucks. The bad news is that they blew out the Knicks and the starters did not play heavy minutes.

http://www.nba.com/games/20101109/NYKMIL/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021000104#nbaGIboxscore

Hopefully the Hawks can keep up the good play at home !

I would expect Teague gets a chance to defend Jennings tonight. I hope he holds his own. Horford on Gooden should be interesting. Gooden is an underrated defender but Horford is a beast. JJ and Salmons are alwayse fun to watch since they are fairly similar athletically.

Edited by coachx

I'm gonna miss Brendan "the Funeral Director" Suhr. Not trying to be overly disrespectful to a guy who was thrown into the color guy spot at the last minute - but that ORL game was exciting...Nique would have been going nuts... Coach Suhr was like "yes that's a nice three by Joe Johnson". :lighter:

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Wow...this thing went straight to crap real fast. I barely even noticed it, but we damn near went down double digits.

:lol6: @ the mic catching Horford on the bench "we gotta fukin play man".

Gotta love Horf. Guy is a warrior man.

Our bench outside of Powell and Crawford is effin pathetic. Their defense is worse, and they have no semblance of running an offense when they are out there.

And please Drew, with Horford white hot, don't rest him too long. Our bench can't score for ish.

Who is guarding Maggette? Smoove?

Do. It is Marvin's job to guard him even though he is on the bench.

It seems like teams are immediately deciding to attack Smoove when he guards a 3. People who have advocated trading Marvin just to slide Smoove to the 3 need to get a clue.

When thinking about how to improve this team, the deficiencies in order of importance (IMO) are:

1) PG (especially defense and penetration)

2) SF (ability to create, pass, and drive)

3) C (size, defense)

PG is the low hanging fruit, NOT SF.

Josh Smith or Al Horford must be in the game with these bench players. They're getting hammered with no resistence. I'm not feeling the Woody-esqued substitution of 4 bench players at a time either. They need to be eased in couple at a time.

Woody didn't play a bench, in fact what you want is what Woody did.

No. LD got the right idea of playing the bench players for the long term benefit, but I don't think it's a good idea to get every bench player go in at the same time, especially when we're missing Marvin and Evans.

And Joe Johnson need to take control... where's his aggressiveness that we see in the first couple of games where he got like 10 FTs per game?