• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks Just Quitted

DreamChaser

Tonight's game was horrible. 3rd Quarter, they just quit playing. They were not running any offense, or defense. All five men on the court were doing there own thing when they got the ball.

I'm very upset. $4,000 + a seat and they just quit playing. I don't throw my hands up and quit when things are not going my way. I don't have a problem with losing, but at least give it your best effort. The Hawks just quit tonight (in the 3rd quarter.) Maybe they improved later, but I left because they were atrocious. $4,000 a seat, smh, I hope this is not what I have to look forward to for the next 40 games.

• Like 1

They played like crap and didn't fight back into the game. I can't rarely remember getting crushed at home last year outside of Orlando. This was awful.

They played like crap and didn't fight back into the game. I can't rarely remember getting crushed at home last year outside of Orlando. This was awful.

I totally agree, and I'm highly pissed off. Evidently, they have a problem somewhere. It showed up in the 2nd half of the last season and in the playoffs, and it certainly showed up tonight. Can't they set aside your differences and played like a professional basketball team especially in front of the people that are supporting you? This was horrible.

Gotta give some credit to Milwaukee, they seemed to make every shot, get every bounce...excuses aside, they whooped us. Long season, it happens. 6-3, move on.

Well sorta buckeye...I fully expected that this game would go down to the wire. Even when we were up 13 early and cruising for a few minutes I figured they would make a run and it would be close. The one thing I didn't expect was a total blowout by MILW. Why? We weren't on a back-to-back + we were at home.

This was a debacle....pure and simple.

Our guys have run LDs offense in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters at first before reverting to selfish basketball in the 4th....now they are only running it in the 1st. My "clods of the game" are Crawford and Teague...Craw due to total selfishness and Teague due to lack of PG talent. But, to be fair, everybody pitched in in this mess.

Maybe we don't match up well against MILW...but that is no excuse for what I watched tonight.....:angry22:

Crawford is lazy except when he trying to score. He was great in Woody's lazy offensive system. There was a lot to pinpoint this lost to, but still Crawford is becoming an issue. Jordan can flat out score and play within a system, he just has no understanding of ball selection. But he's a great replacement of Jamal once Jamal is gone. Expect his impact to be more Flip than last season Jamal.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Gotta give some credit to Milwaukee, they seemed to make every shot, get every bounce...excuses aside, they whooped us. Long season, it happens. 6-3, move on.

Yeah, mo on... Pretend there are no issues with the team and just pretend like the game never happened.. That's how you address re-occurring problems... Just try to pretend they don't exist. Sounds logical.

This team IS soft and they WILL quit again. They haven't played with passion much so far. Even during the 6-0 start they were mostly winning because they were playing bad teams. This team is lethargic and passionless most nights, and they tend to follow sleepy eyed JJ in that regard. This is a lazy team that doesn't belly up and challenge other teams. Truthfully, If they offense is flat, they're dead as dead can be.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

FIRE DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the starters have gone out early the last couple of games only to see the bench come in and give it back. That is very disheartening,

The Hawks have historically not been a very mentally tough team. When the going gets tough, the Hawks get going...out the door.

At this point I wouldn't fret over this loss overly much. The best teams get skunked sometimes. I can remember Jordan/Pippen and crew coming into the Omni one night and getting destroyed. Jordan didn't even play the fourth things were so bad. Now this starts happening consistently then there is a problem. One blow out I'm not going to fret over.

However,

I would get rid of Crawford soon. He's showing why he's been on so many teams. He's great in an iso system but a ball stopper in a motion offense. That ball stopping is contagious and we can see it happening to the whole team after he comes in.

Teague is never going to be more than a backup point. I really don't see what people see in him. I like Acie more than Teague.

:angry22:

There are a few games you just can't win, no matter what. Last night is a fine example.

Shots were just slightly off, not for just one Hawk. The entire team was missing shots.

Our opponent, however, couldn't miss. At one point, their second unit was shooting 70%.

I missed the first few minutes (Church) and momentum had apparently been Atlanta;s

for that first few minutes. It switched sides and never came back to the Hawks.

What ever we did was wrong and whatever they did was right. We missed so many shots.

we failed to stop their shots. We couldn't rebound. We threw the ball away, over and over

again. Couldn't hit our free throws

"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

At home. Failure to protect the home court. Sleepwalk happens, but for the entire second

and third quarter? This was not our Hawks team. This was impersonators. This was not

a quality NBA team. They reverted back, not to last year but to Woody's first year - - 13 wins.

PATHETIC. And, that's being generous.

:saythat:

Tonight's game was horrible. 3rd Quarter, they just quit playing. They were not running any offense, or defense. All five men on the court were doing there own thing when they got the ball.

I'm very upset. $4,000 + a seat and they just quit playing. I don't throw my hands up and quit when things are not going my way. I don't have a problem with losing, but at least give it your best effort. The Hawks just quit tonight (in the 3rd quarter.) Maybe they improved later, but I left because they were atrocious. $4,000 a seat, smh, I hope this is not what I have to look forward to for the next 40 games.

I thought you passed on season tickets b/c the went up in price. That is what you said here yesterday:

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php/topic/353066-last-nights-crowd-was-embarrassing/page__st__15

No matter..........I'm looking foward to checking out my first Hawks game of the year Fri vs. the Jazz.

Edited by coachx

Yeah, mo on... Pretend there are no issues with the team and just pretend like the game never happened.. That's how you address re-occurring problems... Just try to pretend they don't exist. Sounds logical.

This team IS soft and they WILL quit again. They haven't played with passion much so far. Even during the 6-0 start they were mostly winning because they were playing bad teams. This team is lethargic and passionless most nights, and they tend to follow sleepy eyed JJ in that regard. This is a lazy team that doesn't belly up and challenge other teams. Truthfully, If they offense is flat, they're dead as dead can be.

Sorry I don't give the entire season up on one game out of 82. Games like last night happen. Orlando blew a 24 point lead at home last night.

I'm not pretending anything. Don't put words in my mouth. Do we have issues? Sure. Every team does. I'll be happy when we win a few more game in a row and you disappear again.

• Moderators

I missed the first few minutes (Church) and momentum had apparently been Atlanta;s

for that first few minutes. It switched sides and never came back to the Hawks.

Clearly the blame is on Gray Mule for jinxing the team. :stirthepot:

Sorry I don't give the entire season up on one game out of 82. Games like last night happen. Orlando blew a 24 point lead at home last night.

I'm not pretending anything. Don't put words in my mouth. Do we have issues? Sure. Every team does. I'll be happy when we win a few more game in a row and you disappear again.

0-3 against likely playoff teams.

And I made 1 post after the loss. Truthfully, I'm not sure I have enough interest anymore to make lots of posts at this point.

FIRE DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the starters have gone out early the last couple of games only to see the bench come in and give it back. That is very disheartening,

The Hawks have historically not been a very mentally tough team. When the going gets tough, the Hawks get going...out the door.

I took a negative for this post. Fire Drew in all caps was obviously satire.

The second point is a fair criticism of this team. Their mental makeup is questionable. Coach Drew even addressed it after the game: “That’s a big concern because I’ve always looked at this team as when it gets a little tough, we have a tendency to hold our head down,” L.D. said. “Anybody can go through stretches where they play well and they win and everybody is high-fiving. When it gets tough, that is when your character really gets tested. When it gets a little tough, I don’t want to see guys hanging their heads. I don’t want to see guys giving up.”

Exhibit 1A was Hawks v Magic in the playoffs last year. It is a known fact that this team has a lot to prove when it comes to mental toughness. That is not a reactionary critique based on a few games -- it is one that has been borne out over several years. The only one of the regulars that I can confidently say will never lay down, no matter the score or situation, is Al Horford. Maybe Zaza deserves to be in that conversation as well, but his talent level is such that his play will not be at a consistently high level.

You can be a fan of the team without wearing the metaphorical rose-colored glasses.

Edited by jhay610