• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign Glover

Scott

• Premium Member

Hawks Sign Dion Glover

Glover

ATLANTA, GA (September 26, 2003) ----- Atlanta Hawks General Manager Billy Knight announced today that the club has signed free agent guard Dion Glover to a contract. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

A four-year pro who has spent his entire career with the Hawks, Glover’s averaged 8.1 points and 2.8 rebounds in 218 games (.420 FG%, .750 FT%). Last season he started in 42 of 76 contests and turned in personal highs in scoring average (9.7 ppg), rebounds (3.7 rpg) and assists (1.9 apg), and he was the only Hawks player to have a winning record as a starter - a 21-21 mark.

His numbers increased significantly in those games, as the 6-5 guard posted 12.2 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.6 assists in those contests, while shooting .449 from the field.

Glover finished the 2002-03 season as the Hawks’ fourth-leading scorer and fifth-best rebounder.

The Hawks’ seven-game package, “the Magnificent Seven,” offers fans the best games on the 2003-04 schedule and fans can obtain them by calling (404) 827-DUNK. For general news and information on season tickets and group sales opportunities, visit the team’s web site at www.hawks.com, or call the Hawks at (404) 827-3800.

E-mail this story

Well thats great news. I know that wont excite a lot of people, but I really think that Dion is a great fit for this team. If he could just work on his ball handling and defense he could be a starter on most teams in this league. Hopefully with Diaw in at SF Dion wont need to do anything but score so he should be okay. I would be willing to bet that he is very excited for the first time in his career as he is now almost guaranteed to be the starter as well.

Now guys please bring back DJ!!

Ball handling -- Every Hawk needs to improve there.

Glover did, near the end of the season, assume some of

the ball handling in order to help out and free up J.T.

Didn't do too bad of a job, either!

Though not really tall, he is a load around the basket.

He won't be easily pushed around when rebounding and

he likes to drive to the basket. He isn't afraid of the

rough contact.

We really need him, especially since we lost our best

defensive player to the Cavs. Good to have him back

in the fold for the Hawks.

• Admin

I am glad we have DG back too but we still need another ball handling swing man. Stephen Jackson is a decent player but he is pretty one demensional.

I would have rather any of the other current Spur swingmen before him (Genolbli, Hedo or even Mercer).

If we do sign him I hope we also get Steve Smith. He can take some of the minutes and share the ball handling.

Personally I still hope some deal is worked out that sends Nazr to Memphis for Battier. INstead of signing Jackson we sign a FA back up center.

Capstone21 ---- I agree. Let's get Battier on board

for the Hawks.

We have what they want and need, a BIG man.

They have what we need. A small Foreward.

There will be filler necessary to make it work but

I keep hoping to hear that they have worked out

the deal.

Funny thing, I was the caller on AM 750 asking Gearon JR if they have had talks with Glover or Jackson to fill thfinal 2 roster spots last night (Thursday). His reply was that anouncements were coming soon but did not speculate on who the final would be.

It seems clear JT is partial to his buddy Stephen Jackson. sOUNDS LIKE WE WILL HAVE THE SAME STRATING 5 AS LAST YEAR MINUS BIG HOG BUT PLUS JACKSON OR THE FA SF FROM DALLAS.

NOT A BAD TEAM, WITH THE STABILITY WE MAY ACTUALLY HAVE A FAST START