• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We cant beat good teams

BudBall

Right now, we are what we are: An average team whose lack of consistency, a bench, defense, and starter play will cause it to fail against good teams but edge out garbage teams.

Can't say some of the coaching decisions have been stellar either so far. An upgrade? Yes. But still mind-boggling at times? You bet.

• Premium Member

if we were getting good play from Joe and Jamal, the season would be a completely different story... I'd like to say it's just a matter of time before JJ gets going, but I think we should all be concerned about Jamal. The guy had been a pretty bad player before coming to the Hawks and now we are getting to see the Jamal we all feared we would get last year. I mean tonight he was atrocious. I seriously think we would have won that game if Jamal doesn't suit up tonight.

Hotlanta is right the Hawks don't have the right players to compete. ASG sat on their tuff and did nothing to energize the crowd and improve the team. Drew was brought in as the cheapest alternative in finding a coach. You get what you pay for overinflated contracts, under performing players and a questionable coach who many felt there were better options. The only way out it appears is for Sund to shake up the roster and hopefully make a big deal to get the right pieces, dump some big contracts and take less, or just wait it out till some of the big contracts expire which could take a few years.

Bibby, Williams really add nothing to the lineup. This is what happens when you put all of your eggs in one basket. Maybe Teague should be playing or Crawford to develop the youngster. Our coaches have done a poor job of developing drafted players at point guard.Seems like every year the Hawks give Marvin his job with no competition. Finally, when Marvin shows he can't get it done there is no one to bring in to take his job. Small forward should not be that hard to find in a league filled with them.

Hotlanta is right the Hawks don't have the right players to compete. ASG sat on their tuff and did nothing to energize the crowd and improve the team. Drew was brought in as the cheapest alternative in finding a coach. You get what you pay for overinflated contracts, under performing players and a questionable coach who many felt there were better options. The only way out it appears is for Sund to shake up the roster and hopefully make a big deal to get the right pieces, dump some big contracts and take less, or just wait it out till some of the big contracts expire which could take a few years.

Bibby, Williams really add nothing to the lineup. This is what happens when you put all of your eggs in one basket. Maybe Teague should be playing or Crawford to develop the youngster. Our coaches have done a poor job of developing drafted players at point guard.Seems like every year the Hawks give Marvin his job with no competition. Finally, when Marvin shows he can't get it done there is no one to bring in to take his job. Small forward should not be that hard to find in a league filled with them.

The thing people don't talk about is that Drew was probably the friend and the guy that babied the players when things went wrong under Woodson. Really, do you make an uninspired team play more inspired by hiring their "buddy" to be the boss? The ownership is so damn stupid.

• Like 1

I do think it is a bit too soon to be that alarmed. In the past, we did beat good Teams like Boston several times last Season and the Lakers and still had the same result in the Big Show. I would like to see Jordan Crawford get more minutes though.

Cheers,

JJ

Edited by Jungle Jack

• Premium Member

We have neither a good/great point guard or a good/great inside player. You need at least one of those to be able to beat the other good/great teams in the NBA esp. in the playoffs. The ASG foolishly gave Bibby a three year deal on his deathbed as a player and now we've tied up tons of money in JJ and Horford. Old Crawford is playing like absolute crap this year and his expiring is the only real trade chip we have.

We need an upgrade at PG and either a massive upgrade at SF or flip Josh/Al for a true center. I just don't think Sund has the permission from the ASG to do it.

The center thing is wishful thinking unless were able to get in a potential deal for a key deal that doesn't center around a center. Too many teams just don't want to part with their center, especially if Jamal is the best piece. We can get a PG but it will cost us in 2011-12. And there is only one upgrade I would make at SF for the likely price and that's Melo. The rest is just as pointless and they will be average like Marvin.

• Premium Member

Now watch these SOBs blow out the Nets as if that makes up for being trashed by the Celtics.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1