• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh, Joe and Al the last 3 games.

thecampster

Stats from the last 3 games.

Josh - 22.7 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 3APG, 1SPG, 3.3BPG, 4.3 to 57.4 FG% (3/4 from 3 and 73% on FT)

Horf - 18.3 PPG, 8 RPG, 3.7APG, .3SPG, 1.3 BPG, 1 to 56.7 FG%

Joe - 17 PPG, 2.3 RPG, 4.7 APG, 2SPG, 0BPG, 2 t0 46.3 FG%%

I knew it was bad for Joe. Didn't realize it was that bad. Good to see Josh and Al picking up some slack with Joe sick. When you are getting 41 points, 18 boards, almost 7 assists and nearly 5 blocks a game from your PF and C it's hard not to win.

Other than the turnovers, Josh is playing out of his mind.

Smith is certainly making an early case for an All-Star spot. Nice to see him getting 10 boards a game and he has his free throw percentage at 70%.

If he would just stop trying to lead the break that would cut down on a lot of his turnovers.

Horford's rebounding has been a little weak lately.

Edited by exodus

Smith is certainly making an early case for an All-Star spot. Nice to see him getting 10 boards a game and he has his free throw percentage at 70%.

If he would just stop trying to lead the break that would cut down on a lot of his turnovers.

Horford's rebounding has been a little weak lately.

Maybe this is a case where there's not enough basketballs (too grab) - Josh rebounds go up, Al's go down....

• Premium Member

Not worried about Joe. As long as he's shooting the ball well they're OK. Right now LD looks to be riding the hot hands.

Maybe this is a case where there's not enough basketballs (too grab) - Josh rebounds go up, Al's go down....

I am not buying that. There were enough boards out there for Hibbert to get 15 last game. I would think Al could do better than 6.

The Hawks are not a dominant team on the boards. If they were then you could make the argument that it is harder for Al to get rebounds.

1. Joe's shooting is still off (has been playing sick the last 2 games) but he is doing other things. Al was so wide open on his shots because of Indy doubling Joe with Hibbert time after time. I'm not worried about Joe - yet :tongue:

2. I anticipated Joe's numbers going down for two reasons - the new offense and less minutes (granted he played extented minutes when Marv and Mo were out)

3. It's good to see us win on the road with Joe not having great shooting games.

4. I must admit, Josh's jump shot is much improved and for the most part is taking them in rythmn but I still cringe and half close my eyes when he loads up to take them. :angel19:

Big Al and Josh deserve MAJOR props for their play this season as they are really showing what a dynamic duo (oh yes!) they can be when they're both playing up to their potential.

Smith is acting like a man out there this year instead of constantly crying to the refs and whether that's because of the coaching change, league rules or whatever else the fact is that he's made the adjustment to take on a leadership role and he looks like a man who will force his way onto the All-Star team this year.

Horford has actually gotten to the point where he's putting up consistent and sometimes big numbers offensively and he's doing it at a tremendously efficient rate. Hell he's gotten so good offensively that even Exodus is singing his praises and that's saying a lot!!

Joe is Joe and we know he'll have stretches where he is awesome and stretches where he can't make a basket but as long as we can pick up his scoring with other guys I won't worry about it too much. Although I do think that part of the reason why he goes through as many slumps as he does is because we don't have a starting PG that can break a defense down and get him open looks and because of that he's still spending more time than I'd like dribbling and trying to get past his man whereas if we had a good PG he'd be able to play more like he did in Phoenix and be one of the leagues elite spot up shooters.

Big Al and Josh deserve MAJOR props for their play this season as they are really showing what a dynamic duo (oh yes!) they can be when they're both playing up to their potential.

Smith is acting like a man out there this year instead of constantly crying to the refs and whether that's because of the coaching change, league rules or whatever else the fact is that he's made the adjustment to take on a leadership role and he looks like a man who will force his way onto the All-Star team this year.

Horford has actually gotten to the point where he's putting up consistent and sometimes big numbers offensively and he's doing it at a tremendously efficient rate. Hell he's gotten so good offensively that even Exodus is singing his praises and that's saying a lot!!

Joe is Joe and we know he'll have stretches where he is awesome and stretches where he can't make a basket but as long as we can pick up his scoring with other guys I won't worry about it too much. Although I do think that part of the reason why he goes through as many slumps as he does is because we don't have a starting PG that can break a defense down and get him open looks and because of that he's still spending more time than I'd like dribbling and trying to get past his man whereas if we had a good PG he'd be able to play more like he did in Phoenix and be one of the leagues elite spot up shooters.

The thing that pisses me off about JJ is when he takes 15 dribbles and then forces up a contested fadeaway or throws a bad pass at the end of the clock. This team has other guys who can score so there is no reason for him to dominate the ball so much. He went into that ISO Joe mode against Phily and it nearly cost them the game. He hasn't done it much lately though.

I am not concerned with a 4-12 game with one turnover, especially when other guys have it going. It is the 6-20, 5 turnover games that really hurt.

• Premium Member

I am not concerned with a 4-12 game with one turnover, especially when other guys have it going. It is the 6-20, 5 turnover games that really hurt.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He hasn't had one of the latter kinds of games yet this year. When he's shot poorly, he's shot less. I think that's easier for him to do now that people are moving off the ball when he has it, which rarely was the case last year.

It's crazy thinking about how Josh Smith literally improves on every part of his game each year. Who would of though Josh would of been throwing down 3's this year; especially after the year he rarely shot 3's. I'm glad I'm seeing our hometown boy improving each year.

Not just with Josh, but Al is doing the same exact thing. I'm so glad to see improvement amongst our players!

The thing that pisses me off about JJ is when he takes 15 dribbles and then forces up a contested fadeaway or throws a bad pass at the end of the clock. This team has other guys who can score so there is no reason for him to dominate the ball so much. He went into that ISO Joe mode against Phily and it nearly cost them the game. He hasn't done it much lately though.

I definitely agree with you there that he is still doing too much dribbling and ISO'ing but hopefully it's just a force of habit that will fade over time as they all get accustomed to the new offense and sticking to it through adversity rather than regressing into ISO mode.

I'd really like it if we could stop using Joe to defend PG's (although I understand the reasoning) because that has to take more of a toll on his body than guarding slower 2 guards does. I'd also like to see his minutes be around 32-35 as opposed to some of the big minutes he's had to play due to our injuries.

• Like 2

JS and AH are the genuine article, they just need a back up that compliments them like a tyson chandler to sub in 20-25 minutes a game. Marv has to hit the boards better to justify his place amongst the starters. He should never leak out and crash the boards while he is the least effective one of the starting group on the break.

• Premium Member

If we could just get consistent PG play this team would be a force. Packaging Marvin and Crawford for a PG needs to be priority #1.

Oh yeah, and Marvin needs to stop taking threes immediately. The guy has been beyond woeful from the outside from the second half of last year to this year. He makes old Josh Smith look like Ray Allen.

Edited by Atlantaholic

JS and AH are the genuine article, they just need a back up that compliments them like a tyson chandler to sub in 20-25 minutes a game. Marv has to hit the boards better to justify his place amongst the starters. He should never leak out and crash the boards while he is the least effective one of the starting group on the break.

A guy like that has been on my wish list for years. Instead we have Zaza. :brick wall:

• Premium Member

Bibby is a top two +/- PG this year.

He was playing great for us during that 4 game losing streak right?

He has been inconsistant this season and will continue to be inconsistent because he plays like he's 40 years old. When he plays well we look unbeatable and when he plays like last year's Mike Bibby we look terrible... Which is exactly my point. If we could just get a consistently good PG play we would have an amazing lineup.

Edited by Atlantaholic

Joe's stats may have dropped but doesnt mean he's playing bad.....he's not forcing things as much this year and he is working within the scheme of the team....missing shots is going to happen, Joe's a shooter and it will get better....the big thing is that it seems that he knows when he's off and he's deferring to the other guys and its working

Josh and Al are having great years so far and :helpsmilie: that they keep it up, when Joe's shot starts falling and those guys are playing at this level we will have our own damn good version of a big 3

• Like 1