• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More Joe?

Highpozt2

I don't know if Joe is injured or just not grinding. The numbers are just bad 17.5 ppg but shooting 41 fg% and 28 3p%. The numbers that let you know a player is not grinding would be rebounds (3.8 RPG), blocks (.27 BPG) steals (.8 SPG). Joe is 6'8' 240lbs. Those are not hustle numbers. Besides the number it just looks like Joe in particular is not looking aggressive. Josh and AL no matter if their shots are falling are not, seem to be really grinding, right now Joe does not. Joe is the Hawks focus player and we have seen him do it --- Points are good, but more importantly shooting percentage, trips to the foul line and all his hustle stats for Joe will need to increase for this team to be viable in the East.

we have 6 more years of Joe and on the real he ain't gonna get better, he's on the decline...

I don't think we should expect Joe to get "better" in the regular season, that's tough to do. What we should expect is the consistency and to put up similar numbers as the last few years. So far, he hasn't done that, and it's disappointing. But I don't think he's on a decline yet. His numbers will go down with Smoove being in his prime and Horf becoming a stud.

You do realize that he has a bad hand right now? Wait until he's healthy and then we can talk about him being in "decline". The season is also early and he's being fit into a new offensive system. My take his that his shooting numbers will improve once we move into 2011 and the hand is better and he's more comfortable with where he'll get his shots in the new offense.

I don't think we should expect Joe to get "better" in the regular season, that's tough to do. What we should expect is the consistency and to put up similar numbers as the last few years. So far, he hasn't done that, and it's disappointing. But I don't think he's on a decline yet. His numbers will go down with Smoove being in his prime and Horf becoming a stud.

Let some people on this board tell it, everything that Al and Josh accomplishes is somehow tied to Joe's drawing double teams and creating for them, so with that in mind, he's getting better. If I couldn't think for myself, I'd believe that. I think it's more of him being satisfied with the thought of sitting on his arse in the strip club for the rest of his life after he retires.