• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jordan Crawford - Opinions?

PaceRam

I don't get the opportunity to see many Hawks games but I was able to see a little of their game tonight against the Wizards. The few minutes I did see of the Hawks game tonight I was impressed with Jordan Crawford. Did I just happen to see him at a good time or do you think he really has potential to be a solid player for the Hawks? And, was I imagining things when I thought I saw Jason Collins hit a 3-Pointer???

I don't get the opportunity to see many Hawks games but I was able to see a little of their game tonight against the Wizards. The few minutes I did see of the Hawks game tonight I was impressed with Jordan Crawford. Did I just happen to see him at a good time or do you think he really has potential to be a solid player for the Hawks? And, was I imagining things when I thought I saw Jason Collins hit a 3-Pointer???

Collins looks more comfortable shooting the three than Smoove! Haha...looks prettier.

Jordan can score. I never thought I would see a player with a more calm demeanor than Joe Johnson in the league, let alone on the same team! Craws2 shows absolutely no emotion on the court, not that it's a bad thing, but he's super calm/relaxed playing. I think he's got a ton of potential and he's going to get his shot to prove it....I bet sooner rather than later.

Jordan devloping is key to this team's long-term success. If he can start producing this year, it really frees the club up to make a significant with Jamal sooner than later. Jordan looks like he's going to be a very nice bench scorer. I don't think he's a starter unless he can develop PG skills though.

• Like 1

Jordan devloping is key to this team's long-term success. If he can start producing this year, it really frees the club up to make a significant with Jamal sooner than later. Jordan looks like he's going to be a very nice bench scorer. I don't think he's a starter unless he can develop PG skills though.

JC2 is as good a PG as Jeff Teague is right now.

• Premium Member

Jordan has impressed me with his play so far. It's nice actually seeing a guard we draft being able put the ball in the basket. I don't think he ever will be a PG but he could be one of those combo guards. I noticed he has passed the ball to Zaza on his drives a lot and has actually got Z some nice looks. Zaza isn't finishing any of these so we have yet to see any of his nice passes translate into assist numbers.

What I like about him is his confidence running the offense and creating for teammates and also shooting the ball. He does not play scared (unlike Teague)...he has some "dog" in him. He is a much better passer than I initially thought, his assists would be higher if Zaza would make his shots. He gets in the lane and makes the right play to the shooters.

JC2 reminds me of Monta Ellis. When JC2 gets more PT, he will fit right in with this team. I see a good future ahead of JC2. :dancing18:

Ellis status would be great. I just would like a guy that is more Mookie Blaylock than Ellis for long-term. However, that isn't a JC2 problem, that is a Hawks FO problem.

What I like about him is his confidence running the offense and creating for teammates and also shooting the ball. He does not play scared (unlike Teague)...he has some "dog" in him. He is a much better passer than I initially thought, his assists would be higher if Zaza would make his shots. He gets in the lane and makes the right play to the shooters.

Agree for the most part jb...but I'm not so sure about the "dog" thing. Teague is held back primarily because he can't shoot IMO. The more I've watched him the more surprised I am that he was ever a scorer at Wake. Some guys can create their own shots on the perimeter (moving as necessary to get it)...other guys (like Marvin/Smoove) pretty much have to be set up. Teague simply doesn't have a respectable perimeter shot at this point, set up or not. That puts him at a serious disadvantage since the opposers can lay off him. He may want to be aggressive but it doesn't work.

Dennis Johnson of the old Celtics was about the only PG I can remember off the top of my head who excelled without a quality perimeter shot. Of course he was a serious stopper on D and had pretty serious talent to pass to. Even with that he was a liability sometimes in a half-court offense since his defender would play off of him and basically dare him to shoot. Luckily his shot improved later in his career.

Edited by DJlaysitup