• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Drew says starting lineup could change

frosgrim

Read in the news paper this morning that Drew would consider a line-up change if the Hawks keep coming out flat in the first. Frankly, this is the point in the season where playing chemist with the starting line-up is a good thing. Drew needs to see what some of the bench guys can do with the starters and if it produces better starts to games.

Some ideas:

A. Start Teague. I don't particularly think Teague is a starter in the NBA, but Bibby ain't much of one either due to age. If Teague is going to be Bibby's replacement, send him out there to really really produce. Make him start working with the first team and learning he HAS to be a floor general. Some times a leader emerges when thrown into difficult situations.

B. Go back to the Collins experiment at center and move Smith back to the 3. As one person in another post put it: "Josh is going to do what he wants anyways". Offensively, Josh can still be moved into the paint where he's much better. Collins can sit at the top of the key and drag the opposing C with him.

C. Start Etan Thomas at C. Etan is an energy if nothing else. His energy could really boost the team.

D. Start Jordan Crawford at PG. Radical and potentially poor move, but stranger things have worked out in the past.

I thought about this too after I read that. Problem is I couldn't think of how he would change things. I could see putting Marvin on the bench, but who do you replace him with? Evans?? Or maybe ZaZa moves in a C and do Josh at SF, though there are plenty of reason to think that wouldn't work.

I thought about this too after I read that. Problem is I couldn't think of how he would change things. I could see putting Marvin on the bench, but who do you replace him with? Evans?? Or maybe ZaZa moves in a C and do Josh at SF, though there are plenty of reason to think that wouldn't work.

bibby

Jc2

JJ

J.Smith

Horford

• Like 4

You totally lost me at "start Etan"... He's garbage. I don't recall him playing at all since he got some minutes in the Magic game and he was absolutely terrible then. He got multiple potential easy buckets right at the rim and missed. No thanks.

I think the most viable option is to start Jamal in place of Bibby.

Edited by WakaFlocka

I recall a post last year where someone had some stats that showed the Hawks best lineup was with Al, Josh, Joe, Mike and Jamal. So its either 3 guard or Joe at SF. They play that lineup a lot, particularly near the end of close games. Why not just make that the starting lineup? Joe is as big as most SF's and is at least as good a rebounder as Marvin. (Of course, this all ignores the fact that Joe, Mike and Jamal are not playing that well this year.)

On 2k11 this lineup has me nearly unbeatable over the past few days:

Teague

Crawford

JJ

Horf

Smoove

I do have Smoove as my center depend on who I am playing.

Marv is my first sub off the bench depending on how things are going.

Edited by Wurider05

bibby

Jc2

JJ

J.Smith

Horford

this is the most logical and it leave Crawford in that 6th man role where hes best at

BTW its crazy how just a few weeks ago he was getting no mins now hes playing a lil bit more and he could easily fit in the starting lineup

Edited by marion706

I recall a post last year where someone had some stats that showed the Hawks best lineup was with Al, Josh, Joe, Mike and Jamal. So its either 3 guard or Joe at SF. They play that lineup a lot, particularly near the end of close games. Why not just make that the starting lineup? Joe is as big as most SF's and is at least as good a rebounder as Marvin. (Of course, this all ignores the fact that Joe, Mike and Jamal are not playing that well this year.)

True. Any lineup that decreases Marvin's role is a better one. Ideally, you want Collins to reset the lineup properly, but you can only expect a solid 5 or six minutes from the stiff. Put in a D-Leaguer. Some scorer from overseas. Hell, there may be some convicts or non-coachable And-1 ballers who could give you more than Messy Marv.

Edited by benhillboy

...BTW its crazy how just a few weeks ago he (JC2) was getting no mins now hes playing a lil bit more and he could easily fit in the starting lineup

I don't know if he's really ready yet...but he has a couple things going for him. He has a nice combination of size and quickness, and he can shoot the ball reasonably well. JJ is showing more and more that he lacks the quickness to be a prototypical 2 guard at this point in his career.. Don't get me wrong, JJ is still VERY good, but he seems to be drifting more into a 2/3 type player.

Now whether JJ agrees with this is a whole different story.