• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Whats Really Annoying About Joe...

JackB1

is that he never recognizes when he's off and will keep chucking up shots. How many 4-16 nights do we have to endure?

Joe, when your shot is off, look to drive and draw fouls or try and draw doubles and set up your teammates. Joe has a lot

of talent, but his basketball IQ is not very high. Not recognizing when you are off is a huge problem.

Drew really needs to pull Joe when he continues to miss badly. I think JC2 deserves some minutes replacing Joe. You know

he wont do as badly as Joe has been doing.

Really the Hawks are paying joe to be batman but he really is a poor mans robin..... 39:19min, 3-15 from the field u gotta be kidding me joe. the real leaders of this team is Josh and AL. he is shooting bad night after night

I agree that he's in a slump, and everyone is ticked he's breaking the bank and playing so bad. Glass half full, it's an adjustment. For the first time in 6 years, for the most part, he doesn't have to go one on one all the time. It's going to take some time for all these changes to settle in. Also in JJ's defense, he rebounded well today, and made some really nice passes...Just because he isn't shooting well, doesn't mean he isnt important to the team. We blew out a team that has been hot on their home court with our star not having to score....that's not all bad.

is that he never recognizes when he's off and will keep chucking up shots. How many 4-16 nights do we have to endure?

Joe, when your shot is off, look to drive and draw fouls or try and draw doubles and set up your teammates. Joe has a lot

of talent, but his basketball IQ is not very high. Not recognizing when you are off is a huge problem.

Drew really needs to pull Joe when he continues to miss badly. I think JC2 deserves some minutes replacing Joe. You know

he wont do as badly as Joe has been doing.

I don't think he was forcing shots much today. I think he was just missing wide open 3s. he just can't seem to make shots he normally makes routinely.

When he is forcing the action he usually has a lot of turnovers. He had none today and had 7 assists.

Edited by exodus

I'm not talking about anything other than to STOP SHOOTING when you are off, which has been every night lately.

We cant afford Joe missing 15 shots every night. Thats potentially 15 points for someone else like Horford or Josh,

who hit 50%. We get away with it against bad teams, but that wont continue for too long.

I'm not talking about anything other than to STOP SHOOTING when you are off, which has been every night lately.

We cant afford Joe missing 15 shots every night. Thats potentially 15 points for someone else like Horford or Josh,

who hit 50%. We get away with it against bad teams, but that wont continue for too long.

Yep...team shooting percentage is usually the most important statistic in any NBA game. It can be overcome if you have a dominant team inside and out-rebound the other team bigtime...or if you have a major advantage in turnover ratio (happens less often).

Jump shooters will always keep shooting whether they are cold or not because you never know when you're going to get hot. I wish he weren't shooting so poorly lately but as long as he's not turning it over and he's getting assists I can live with it. I'd be a hell of a lot more worried if he stopped shooting just because of being off as it might create a long term problem where he's afraid to shoot.

• Like 1

He'll be Marvin Williams if he stops shooting :ph34r: .

• Premium Member

How can Joe Johnson be so damn horrid all of a sudden? I mean, I absolutely don't buy the notion that he is adjusting to our new offense. The man is missing wide open looks game in and game out... if anything the guy should be having a career year. We are almost 20 games into the season and JJ hasn't strung together more than two games of good basketball. I'm officially worried... I mean, if what we are witnessing is the decline of JJ than this franchise is pretty f***ed considering all we have invested, and how utterly un-tradeable his contract is.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

makes me wonder if the pressure to perform because of that huge contract is getting to him. he's missing wide open shots. that means you're either not a good shooter (we know joe is a great shooter), you're tired (it's the beginning of the season, so i don't buy that), you're hurt (joe may be hurt, if so, he needs to sit down or be sat down), or you've for some reason lost all confidence (let's hope joe is hurt).

• Premium Member

Really the Hawks are paying joe to be batman but he really is a poor mans robin..... 39:19min, 3-15 from the field u gotta be kidding me joe. the real leaders of this team is Josh and AL. he is shooting bad night after night

Well, against the Knicks, Joe may have had a terrible shooting afternoon, but he did lead the team in Rebounds and assists. Not casual leading either, he was about 3 points and 3 assists away from a triple double. However, you have to realize that a shooter will not just wait his way out of a shooting slump. No shooter in the history of basketball has ever done that. A shooter will always shoot his way out.

I think when you look at Joe, he falls into the Ray Allen, Reggie Miller mold. I think he's more like Ray than Reggie. That being said, I think you have to look at the fact that it's possible for him to be a leader, but things will work out better if you put good players and good coaching around him,

• Like 1

Jump shooters will always keep shooting whether they are cold or not because you never know when you're going to get hot.

Exactly. Shooters shoot. If you're going to ask him to not shoot, you might as well bench him. As long as the shots are good shots, we need him to take them.

• Premium Member

Joe's FGA/gm has gone down slightly during his slump. He's shooting slightly less. Only someone who has never really paid attention to NBA basketball would actually expect him to stop shooting altogether, or to cut his attempts so drastically that he never has any chance of finding a rhythm. That's unrealistic.

In any case, he's hurt. He never got a rest since the glove went on his hand. We need to shut him down for a week (at least) so he can recover.

Resting Joe for about a week might seem to be the answer to some, but what if you rest him a week, he comes back and gets smacked and it's still the same, what if it's the type of injury that requires more than the 1 or 2 weeks, what if it requires missing extended time. Take Kobe and his injured finger, to let it heal totally would require missing extensive time, he refused to do so his shooting % was horrible until he got adjusted to shooting with the finger wrapped maybe it will be the same for Joe.