• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks should consider making moves.

Diesel

Phillys cleaning house. Collins wants to rebuild.

How bout Mo and Jamal's expiring contracts and a 1st, for Iggy and Louis Williams?

Bibby/JJ/Iggy/Josh/Al

Williams/JC2/Marvin/Powell/Twin

Teague/Zaza

Makes sense for both teams. We need a GOOD backup pg, and more production from the sf spot.

They need cap space and draft picks.

Then we can use Teague and the TPE for another big.

Thing is, will the ASG be willing to pay the rest of Iggy's salary?

Thoughts?

I don't know what the contract situation is like, but trading for Iggy would be excellent. I'd rather have Melo obviously, but an Iggy-Josh-Al frontcourt would be ridiculous. My fantasy team would suffer, though.

Edited by High5

• Premium Member

Phillys cleaning house. Collins wants to rebuild.

How bout Mo and Jamal's expiring contracts and a 1st, for Iggy and Louis Williams?

Bibby/JJ/Iggy/Josh/Al

Williams/JC2/Marvin/Powell/Twin

Teague/Zaza

Makes sense for both teams. We need a GOOD backup pg, and more production from the sf spot.

They need cap space and draft picks.

Then we can use Teague and the TPE for another big.

Thing is, will the ASG be willing to pay the rest of Iggy's salary?

Thoughts?

I'd love to remove Marvin from the starting spot and insert Iggy.

I haven't had time to really look at viable trades but if Philly is cleaning house then I'd take Jrue Holiday... for something... A bag of chips maybe?

I've often wondered if the Hawks management are just waiting for another team to implode so they can pick up the pieces for cheap.

Arenas has proved that he can still play. I wonder if the Wiz would be willing to trade him to a division rival now that they have Wall.

The Wiz would unload Arenas for anything and would throw in a bag of balls, a stack of cash and whatever else it took to get the deal done.

Has anyone heard whether Rasheed Wallace is serious about his retirement --- or just waiting until late in the season to sign-on with a playoff team?

I would like to have him. He does a better job on Howard than almost anyone else and can still post-up anyone (when you can talk him into it) and can spread the floor with the three. (Read: move Howard away from the basket further than Horford can) He was a factor in Boston's playoff run last year --- and played quite well all the way through game 7 against the Lakers.

I think the guy can still play. If he is willing to play, someone (Miami, Orlando, Chicago, LAL) will sign him later in the season. He would bring the Hawks interior defense and a post game that we don't currently have.

Spare me the BS about his attitude. It's no worse than Smooves'.

CS

Has anyone heard whether Rasheed Wallace is serious about his retirement --- or just waiting until late in the season to sign-on with a playoff team?

I would like to have him. He does a better job on Howard than almost anyone else and can still post-up anyone (when you can talk him into it) and can spread the floor with the three. (Read: move Howard away from the basket further than Horford can) He was a factor in Boston's playoff run last year --- and played quite well all the way through game 7 against the Lakers.

I think the guy can still play. If he is willing to play, someone (Miami, Orlando, Chicago, LAL) will sign him later in the season. He would bring the Hawks interior defense and a post game that we don't currently have.

Spare me the BS about his attitude. It's no worse than Smooves'.

CS

I was a big supporter to sign Sheed last offseason because of his toughness and history of frustrating the daylights out of Dwight but all I heard was his attitude this, he doesn't rebound that, we already have one big that thinks he can shoot this. Either way reports out of Boston all last season were that despite his production and fit in the lockerroom he was markedly out of shape throughout the entirety of the season.

I can't imagine that a guy who decided he can make it through an NBA season being overweight would of spent that much attention to conditioning during his retirement.