• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone Miss $$$Joe$$$ ?

JackB1

I dont :)

I like the style of ball the Hawks play without Joe. MUCH more passing. We had a season high number of assists last night.

They play more like a team and it's causing Horford and Smoove to grow in ability AND leadership. I think they are more fun

to watch with all of Joe's backing down and dribble, dribble, dribble.

Imagine if we beat SA in SA this Fri?

Joe is going to come back and ruin all this team chemistry we are developing. If we continue playing this well, I hope

Drew gradually eases him back in. I sure don't miss his 4-20 shooting :)

:nono:

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

The old JJ is one thing. This season's JJ is another entirely different cat.

All Hawks, without exception, are sticking up for JJ. Listen to them. Not just

coaches, but all the players want JJ to hurry and get well and come back

and help them.

Why? Because of his play this season? Nope. Because they remember the

old JJ who played here before the injury. Watching this season, you have to

believe the wrong player got the huge extention. Crawford is playing like we

thought JJ would play. JJ didn't. Yet, he has this huge contract.

Then, we learn the truth. We bought damaged goods. JJ knew about the injury.

He now says it was bothering him last season before the playoffs. Yet he said

nothing and did nothing to have it fixed during the off season when he would

have had time to heal and miss no games.

Why? Because, he would not have recieved that huge $$$$ contract. He would

have had to sign for less money. Therefore, the money meant more to him than

the team does.

Despite all this, all the Hawks want him back - - Or, so they say.

National sports writers were gloom and doom about the future of Atlanta without JJ.

Yet, we now know, we can and have won without JJ.

If JJ wants to be a part of the whole, a cog in the team, that would be so great. The

old, very respected JJ. But, if he comes back, wanting to be "the man" and the star

to the detrement of the team, this we don't need.

:mad:

Edited by Gray Mule

I love the people who intentionally ignore the fact Joe was hurt all season before this surgery and try to act as if the Joe we saw this year is the same guy that's been a consecutive four time All Star previously.

Yes. Granted the current 4-1 record is nice w/out him, and sure he's not worth ALL that coin....BUT, we need Joe. He needs to get healthy and come back fresh and ready to roll. We're not better off without him.

I'm looking foward to a healthy JJ coming back and finding his shooting stroke. I'm still hoping this is a blessing in that it forces other Hawks to grow and keeps JJ fresh for the stretch run and he playoffs.

Joe stated that this injury wasn't hurting his shooting, so I am not optimistic that he will come back and suddenly shoot 55%.

JJ hasn't really changed his play all that much under Drew's motion offense. He still holds the ball too long whenever he

gets it. He needs to either spot up and shoot quick or look to set up someone else. He stops the ball movement way too

much. I never thought that Joe had a high basketball IQ due to the fact that he repeatidly waits till he is smothered by a double

team and forces up bad shots. He does have a lot of raw talent to overcome these plays, but he is not a smart player.

Joe stated that this injury wasn't hurting his shooting, so I am not optimistic that he will come back and suddenly shoot 55%.

JJ hasn't really changed his play all that much under Drew's motion offense. He still holds the ball too long whenever he

gets it. He needs to either spot up and shoot quick or look to set up someone else. He stops the ball movement way too

much. I never thought that Joe had a high basketball IQ due to the fact that he repeatidly waits till he is smothered by a double

team and forces up bad shots. He does have a lot of raw talent to overcome these plays, but he is not a smart player.

Not that I don't believe you but where did you read or hear that? And even if he did say that I would be shocked if something that required him to have surgery on his shooting arm wasn't affecting his shooting and on top of that he's been wearing a glove on his off hand which would absolutely affect his shooting since that hand does touch the ball.

• Like 2

The only person in the NBA who can shoot the ball without straightening out their elbow is Shawn Marion........but he has been shooting like that his whole life.

I respect JJ for not making excuses but any elbow injury / pain will effect anyone's perimeter shot. The proof is in the pudding. Look at his shooting before his elbow trouble and after elbow trouble.

Edited by coachx

To me there are definitely some fringe benefits if the Hawks continue to get wins without JJ. That would show that JJ doesn't need to play 40 minutes per game for the Hawks to be successful. It will also show JJ that he can trust his teamates more than in the past.

Personally i think he has been less prone to go Iso-Joe this year than in the past except for a few notable instances early in the year. The first Philly game in particular was a bad one.

• Like 2

• Moderators

The only person in the NBA who can shoot the ball without straightening out their elbow is Shawn Marion........but he has been shooting like that his whole life.

I respect JJ for not making excuses but any elbow injury / pain will effect anyone's perimeter shot. The proof is in the pudding. Look at his shooting before his elbow trouble and after elbow trouble.

Don't know how you make it all the way to the nba and be as successful as Marion with a shot off your chest. Its weird. Other than Chill the guy i remember with the ugliest was John Crotty. And I think he had a high 3 point percentage.

For a guy who was supposedly being a ballhog it's surprising to me that he was second on the team in assist rate and had the added benefit of turning the ball over the least out of all our top passers. Joe bought into the offense, the one issue is that his shot was atrocious on all of those wide open jumpers that were created by it. I think we know now why that was but the man is still a great asset to the team in terms on facilitating and hopefully after this surgery in terms of scoring as well.

• Like 2