• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is the new ownership lying to us already???

Blunt91

Okay these guys said they had "deep pockets" so why are hawks management signing Lee Nailon to a 1year deal, and to show how cheap they are he is only getting it partially guaranteed. First off, I don't want Lee Nailon I would rather Have Jim Jackson, Stephen Jackson or Smitty on the team. If we are really serious about winning we would get the best FA still available not some role player who can't play defense. At least Stephen Jackson can get you a steal or two a game and run the floor well. This is going to be a long season if we don't make any changes.

Nailon does provide good offense off the bench, he is a weak defender and rebounder and doesnt hustle much. I personally dont like his style of play. Another thing he does which I dont like is that he likes to shoot and force up shots.

Yes I do also like JJ, SJ or Smitty but remember is also up to these wanting to sign with us. Yes we do have some nice players in the Hawks but we are still coming off a bunch of losing season, so we dont attract FA's much.

JJ has no reason for wanting to come here, nor do we have any reason for wanting him. We can't build around him, we had horrible seasons when he was here, thus he's not a nostalgic throwback type player (aka Smitty) nor is he quite vet-enough to slide comfortably into a bu role...he'd want minutes.

Nailon, while quite flawed, would probably be better for the time being...and just pray the Diaw comes along quickly.

If I am correct (I maybe wrong) but I think the NBA and all the owners have to sign off on these guys which will and should happen soon.

But officially (correct me if I am wrong)....they don't have the keys right now, because they haven't been officially given the Title to the Hawks yet.

You will not see what these owners are truely about until next years offseason.

This will be a feeling out year for these guys.