• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anybody else looking at Amare in NY and wondering what if?

HawkItus

• Premium Member

I know all the trade talk in past is just speculation, but damn, if we did have that draft deal and didn't take it...... :questions:

Dude's been a MONSTER so far for NY. Felton seems much improved as well. I'm thinking all the trade talk a few seasons ago was just speculation that probably originated on this board and made it's way to the national media. I forgot who we were supposedly going to trade for him though but I'm prety sure Phoenix's asking price was pretty high at the time.

• Moderators

I'm shocked by the Knicks to be honest. But really, if they expect to do anything in the playoffs they need help. I don't know what they could offer us but you know they'd love to have Jamal. They are thin on guards. They may even want Teague but not sure who we could get. I can't see them giving up any of the starting front line.

Behind Raymond Felton(notes) on the New York Knicks depth chart at point guard are Toney Douglas(notes) and Andy Rautins(notes). The team apparently isn't happy with its backup situation because the New York Times is reporting that the team is looking to do a deal that will bring it a backup point guard to help Felton get some rest. The two NBA execs that talked to the Times also said that the team hopes to acquire a player whose contract runs out at year's end so it can maintain its financial positioning next summer when Carmelo Anthony(notes) becomes an unrestricted free agent.

The execs also tell the Times that the Knicks are willing to let swingman Bill Walker(notes) go in the deal. Walker, a second-year pro, is averaging 4.2 points, 1.4 rebounds, and .6 assists per game.

• Premium Member

I'm shocked by the Knicks to be honest. But really, if they expect to do anything in the playoffs they need help. I don't know what they could offer us but you know they'd love to have Jamal. They are thin on guards. They may even want Teague but not sure who we could get. I can't see them giving up any of the starting front line.

Marv + a future first for Wilson Chandler? :cant believe: